Official Lloyd Irvin Statement

I stopped at " She and I have been in consistent contact "

http://www.graciemag.com/2013/01/official-lloyd-irvin-statement/

What do you guys think? Obviously besides it coming a little too late.

Ugh, I could even read all of that....

What a load of self-righteous crap.

His statement should have come way before Ryron and Rener made this video, and with twice the sincerity they made it with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTxAjN1XSso

It's a good thing the rape victim that trains under Lloyd isn't what he would call "a freak," cause then he would just think she deserved everything she got, huh?

No statement will ever change the fact that he was in a room watching a bunch of people gang rape a young female. He'll never have my respect for that.

The incident he's being hammered about is over 22 years old. I'm willing to spot the guy a week or two to come up with what will probably be the most scrutinized public statement in the history of jiu-jitsu.

Actually it was New Years Eve...

As a former rapist from 22 years ago in hiding, he should have prevented what happened a few weeks ago if he wanted to keep his secret.

Why do you feel the need to defend LI constantly? Doesn't rape bother you at all?

Lloyd needs to start focusing on teaching his "athletes" to respect themselves and all of their training partners and potential partners... so people in general.

It took him weeks to come up with that?

As a former rapist from 22 years ago in hiding, he should have prevented what happened a few weeks ago if he wanted to keep his secret.

Listen, I've been about as critical of Lloyd as anyone recently, but that statement of yours doesn't really make sense to me. Are you suggesting that Lloyd could have done something that would have definitely prevented the rape?

He didn't actually address his own testimony of 'wanting to join in' but not being able to get it up. So yeah, he got off on a technicality, he can try to pull the heart strings all he wants with stories of his dad crying or whatever, but his own testimony was that he wanted to join in a gang rape but couldn't get his dick hard.

If there's anyone out there that buys that as having a clean slate then please kindly kill yourself, the human race doesn't need you any more.

Interesting that with the media prescence he has, he goes with Graciemag as his platform...?

Actually it was New Years Eve...

Why do you feel the need to defend LI constantly? Doesn't rape bother you at all?

Lloyd needs to start focusing on teaching his "athletes" to respect themselves and all of their training partners and potential partners... so people in general.

NYE isn't what people have spent the last 2 weeks beating up on him about. People reasonably said that the actions of Schultz & Maldonado weren't his fault. The issue that has hounded him is the 1989 case.

And I am not defending the guy, I'm just not prepared to burn him at the stake. I've said consistently throughout this that I think he's a scumbag.

By the way, thanks for equating my "better late than never" sentiment with the suggestion that I'm somehow in favor of rape. You're a real class act.

From this point forward I anticipate thatanything I say will be ripped apart and shredded by those who eitherhave an axe to grind,aren’t focused on prevention of violence/rape against women oreven may simply not care about the truth.

Wow, can he say anything without first reminding us of what misguided haters his potential detractors are?

Interesting to read the 'unadulterated truth' that leaves out massive holes in the story of what happened in 1989. I felt like he was going to come out and admit not only what he was party to, but also officially stated that he 'wanted to' do.

But then he just glossed over it.

Irvin said:
People are often quick to say

Even if Lloyd Irvin always seemed to me as an individual with really questionnable values and morals, I don't think it is fair to hold hime responsible for what those two guys did in NYE.

With that being said, it seems that the mentality at Lloyd's academy does attract some immoral people and the environement in which they live and train probably does not help them at becomming better human beings.

In the letter, he states that he is innocent in regard of the law. While that may be true, he was still there when a girl was raped and the only reason he is not guilty is because of impotence. There is no mention of that in the letter and to me, while he is not guilty of rape, he is guilty of being (at the time) an extremly immoral person.

He says that he changed when he discovered martial arts, but for me, the way he tries to milk money out of everything and the cheap scumbag marketing tactics he has used for his self promotion in order to get rich shows me he is still an immoral person.

I will never support LI or TLI again and I don't see how anyone could at this point.

"From this point forward I anticipate that
anything I say will be ripped apart and shredded by those who either
have an axe to grind,
aren’t focused on prevention of violence/rape against women or
even may simply not care about the truth."

To me it sounds like - if anybody disagrees with his version of events is labeled a hater and whatever they have to say can be easily dismissed.

"I was not convicted. I was innocent."

Innocent of rape, yes. Innocent of observing and/or assisting in one, ???. Judiciary system found you "not guilty of rape". That has very little to do with "I wanted to but couldn't get it up". My greatest concern isn't even whether he did it or not at this point, my greatest concern is whether his perception of that situation is that of "it wasn't rape". Surely at 20 you should be able to distinguish between rape and consensual sex.

"I can only hope that you,
my BJJ and MMA brothers and sisters,
judge me based on this truth of what actually happened 23 years ago"

I will judge LI on what he did. At best, he stood by and watched a 17 year old girl get raped. Even today, he fails to understand what people are truly angry about even after all that's been said.

"But revisiting & rehashing every detail from the case 23 years ago would be nothing but selfish on my part (especially a case whose conclusion found me innocent of all charges)."

And that is the reason why we should stop talking about it? Selfish for LI? And again, being innocent in court does not equal being a good human being. He is hiding behind the innocent verdict as if it absolves him of any responsibility for what happened in 89.

There was a way to do this right and this is not it.

Back