Official Mayweather Jr. vs Mosley Thread

I love Shane to, and I thought Shane at least would of made it competitive, and you are probably right because Money is not really in his prime anymore anyway. I think Money beats him at any point in their careers.

Shane still has it and I think he beats almost any other ww around, but May and Pacman are both on different levels. And I am still undecided on who wins that fight, because they are both supreme fighters and both have the ability to beat the other.

Shane at 135 would tool Mayweather

Then why else were you dogging me? I never said Shane is a shit fighter, I just thought it was reasonable that because of his age Mosley gassed quicker than expected. I agree that Shane was timid and scared to throw.

Your thoughts on Money really have nothing to do with why you were ragging on me for thinking age played a factor is this fight, saying it was a bitch move and what not.

I wasn't dogging you. It is a bitch move to downplay Mayweather's win And as Seano said this is more of a comment that's rampant across these boards right now (not necessarily directed at you). Saying Mosley is old is copping out because in most cases people were proclaiming how great Mosley looked against Margarito. Look through the Mosley comments on this forum right now. It's easy to say he's old because he lost. Had he knocked Floyd out in the second, that old talk would have ceased to exist.

I wasn't dogging you. It is a bitch move to downplay Mayweather's win And as Seano said this is more of a comment that's rampant across these boards right now (not necessarily directed at you). Saying Mosley is old is copping out because in most cases people were proclaiming how great Mosley looked against Margarito. Look through the Mosley comments on this forum right now. It's easy to say he's old because he lost. Had he knocked Floyd out in the second, that old talk would have ceased to exist.

Fair enough, I am not really aware of all the Shane hate at the moment, I just got on Sherdog recently. I just thought with Shane being up there in age it could of affected his performance. I never ment it as a disprespect to Shane he is in no way "past it" or "washed up" I just figured with fighting a skilled fighter as May is might of affected him. I still think Shane beats most at WW.

And I agree if he would of knocked out Floyd in the second none of this talk would be happening. Sorry for not seeing it as clearly the first time mate.

prop to floyd not denigrating the hard shot mosley landed in the 2nd...dude's composure reminded me of fedor/fujita

I personally don't believe that Pacman should take the test. I want Mayweather to push the athletic commissions to start olympic style drug testing across the board. I just don't like fighters being singled out & if Mayweather wants to be on an even playing field, he should have been pushing the drug testing issues a long time ago. So if he is going to push it now, he needs to push it with the athletic commissions.

I would love to see the Paquiao vs Mayweather fight but I don't believe that every Mayweather fight should be singled out from boxing. That only Mayweather fights have to take this sort of testing. If Pacman agrees to it, then great but if he doesn't, I'm happy with that. This fight has to happen though, if it doesn't it will be the biggest travesty in boxing, ever!

prop to floyd not denigrating the hard shot mosley landed in the 2nd...dude's composure reminded me of fedor/fujita

I'm not a PBF fan...but he showed composure, grit, and definite survival skills...

I don't know how he stayed on his feet after the second straight SSM landed in round 2.

Fair enough, I am not really aware of all the Shane hate at the moment, I just got on Sherdog recently. I just thought with Shane being up there in age it could of affected his performance. I never ment it as a disprespect to Shane he is in no way "past it" or "washed up" I just figured with fighting a skilled fighter as May is might of affected him. I still think Shane beats most at WW.

And I agree if he would of knocked out Floyd in the second none of this talk would be happening. Sorry for not seeing it as clearly the first time mate.

Truce. I wasn't trying to pick on you. Shouldn't have quoted you when I wrote it.

I'm not a PBF fan...but he showed composure, grit, and definite survival skills...

I don't know how he stayed on his feet after the second straight SSM landed in round 2.

I rewatched the round today, and he wasn't as hurt as he looked. He was fine in his head, but the temple shot messed his balance up.

211rbt.jpg

Shane didn't win last night. But he can win a Philip Michael Thomas look-a-like contest.

d1c5c7b7-1835-6fe0-d85b-66679eae23d6-ent_cakeicecream0525_thomas.jpg

That fight did not deliver. At this point barring the pacquiao mayweather bout which won't happen, I'm done ordering boxing matches.

Mosley was gassed and mayweather had not a scratch on him, but mayweather continues to counter punch like he's losing the fight. he was in no risk of getting caught at that point as mosley had no power punches left. go for the ko, quit counterpunching a guy that you've outclassed for 8 rounds straight.

UFC cards may give you a dud every now and then, but they're way more organized, presented better, and have way more competitive undercards that feature fighters people actually know by name.

I rewatched the round today, and he wasn't as hurt as he looked. He was fine in his head, but the temple shot messed his balance up.

211rbt.jpg

I don't care what anyone says, that punch fucked Floyd up. He was stumbling around and eating punches. Thats probably the worst round Floyds ever had.

I don't care what anyone says, that punch fucked Floyd up. He was stumbling around and eating punches. Thats probably the worst round Floyds ever had.

No joke man, I almost pooped when I saw the legs go out, my heart was pounding.
But right after that punch Floyd was still trying to walk him down with his gloves up, I think it is a test to his conditioning as to why he recovered so fast he was fine by the end of the round. I thought it was very impressive

totally nuthugging. Are you blind? He wont tackle with SSM if he is not hurt. His legs buckle up with that shot to the temple..

As a Floyd fan, I was really nervous during that 2nd round.

But he showed a lot I think. He got hit with an absolute bomb and didn't go down. Then again right on the temple, buckled and was still able to regain his composure and finish the round moving forward.

You have 99 posts, i don't need to prove anything to you. I never said i know everything about boxing, infact i learn new stuff all the time. I've learned tons from posters like Kid, Sinister, Lug, etc. I just can't stand when new posters flood this forum and act like they know something others don't and can predict exactly how a Pacquiao/Floyd fight would go. This forum is turning to shit honestly. There never used to be this kind of extreme bias and hate towards fighters, shit talking, etc. I have nothing against Floyd, it's his delusional fans that annoy me.

I can't read any more of your posts, I don't usually cuss people like this but im actually annoyed reading your posts

You're such a nonce

Just because someone doesn't have as much post does not mean they are less knowledgeable. Pfft, trying to use a higher post count on the internet to seem superior, get the fuck out you cock.

Pardon my french there, and I just got done watching the fight and it was really something by Floyd. Very good performance shutting down Shane from round 3. Also proving he can take a major shot and have the grit from coming back from being badly hurt

The Sky commentators I feel bigged Mayweather up a bit too much but none the less very good stuff.

Back