**official mundials thread**

ya the only sore point about these finals was Caio getting screwed out of an obvious win

ya the only sore point about these finals was Caio getting screwed out of an obvious win

It's sad and funny when the match is over you can hear all the cheering from Alliance and Fabio Gurgel was yelling at the refs, while only handful of people were cheering/lobbying for Caio.

Marcelo explained why Leite had better success against him when I was there. It was a private discussion so I'll keep it private but if you ever go to his school, ask him. It has nothing to do with new school techniques.

That's interesting. Thanks for the info. But still, it was the same thing the match before with Estima and the year before with Calasans.

Oh btw where's Demente from Nova Unaio?
He was absent last year and this year? what happened?
He can give Rodolfo a good fight for sure, super power house !

It's sad and funny when the match is over you can hear all the cheering from Alliance and Fabio Gurgel was yelling at the refs, while only handful of people were cheering/lobbying for Caio.
Alliance really took it to heart when Caio did his speech against steroids, everyone knows that team is all roided

Alliance really took it to heart when Caio did his speech against steroids, everyone knows that team is all roided

Don't cloud this thread with b.s. rumors. Take it to another thread.

I excpect that Antonio Carlos will be a part of our 'new school guys versus Roger' debates in the future. His game is probably near where Buchecha's game was at last year and it continues to rapidly develop. He may never get to face Roger but he will for sure have some battles will Rodolfo.

Definitely. The fact that some of the refs probably train regularly with Otavio (and now under Ze Radiola) might have something to do with it...Maybe.

Whatever. Last year at the No Gi Worlds Tussa lost a ref's decision to Lovato. You are basing this without knowing which ref it even is. Ridiculous.

This worlds imo is better than last years, in general a lot more unpredictability and exciting in most division.

I personally wouldn't thought Otavio would be the champ, i honestly thought Kron or Clark would beat him before QF, i thought Claudio and Lucas Leite would beat him decisively but Otavio's performance was awesome.

Then the heavyweight fights was awesome, Buchecha brings it every fight! Xande vs Rodolfo was amazing!! The comeback of Romulo was inspiriting! (i bet Galvao regretted he jump the barricade now).

BTW, sucks to be Caio when he loses by ref decision then being mock "cry baby cry" by the Alliance crowd LOL, he should hire more lobbyist!

Otavio's been a beast ever since Ze Radiola has come to the U.S. and has been helping him (along with others). He's an incredibly nice and humble guy. The Hulk wins!

Whatever. Last year at the No Gi Worlds Tussa lost a ref's decision to Lovato. You are basing this without knowing which ref it even is. Ridiculous.
exactly, Hillary was one of the three refs in that match, I doubt she's in a conspiracy to help Octavio win lol

ya this week showed that the rest of the guys here are only a slight step behind him, no more hype

I wouldn't call it hype considering how much he's won. He's still young and getting better. Is he Roger? no. so don't hate.

Compares to Buchecha and Rodolfo, i give Roger a much better chance to beat Roger due to his size(short and stocky), stand up and his pressure on top.

Buchecha's game is too movement based, Roger would shut it down like PDP did .

btw, gosh i hate Yuri Simoes game, always wanna pull 50/50 to win on point (like he did to Lovato), glad Xande passed his guard.
Lol. Checkmat hater true and true

how are people saying rodolfo was overhyped? he's 22 years old, for fuck's sake. it took roger quite some time to establish his dominance, too.

already rodolfo has done some pretty amazing stuff - even if he couldn't beat roger right now, that doesn't mean shit. the kid is young, athletic and very talented. he could just as well surpass everything roger has done one day.

This worlds imo is better than last years, in general a lot more unpredictability and exciting in most division.

I personally wouldn't thought Otavio would be the champ, i honestly thought Kron or Clark would beat him before QF, i thought Claudio and Lucas Leite would beat him decisively but Otavio's performance was awesome.

Otavio was gifted two decisions. I was there man, nobody but Gracie Barra guys thought he won.

The Claudio fight imo was the right call.

For the mystery two points deduction on Lucas Letie is another story, but still impressed with his performance for the last few months.

how are people saying rodolfo was overhyped? he's 22 years old, for fuck's sake. it took roger quite some time to establish his dominance, too.

already rodolfo has done some pretty amazing stuff - even if he couldn't beat roger right now, that doesn't mean shit. the kid is young, athletic and very talented. he could just as well surpass everything roger has done one day.

Exactly! Would you call beating this list of world champions overhyped?

Buchecha
Braga Neto
Andre Galvao
Lovato Jr
Lagarto
Xande
Bernardo Faria
Sergio Moraes
Leonardo Nogueira

and by doing so, in two years winning 3 World titles, 4 World Pro titles, 2 Pan Ams titles all by the age of 23 ... people need to get a grip, name me one World Champ in modern BJJ that has gone undefeated at Blackbelt? Cause I sure don't know one!

Last edited:
Back