+++official mundials thread+++

It was only two years ago that people were saying that Rodolfo was unstoppable and the future successor to Roger. How quickly things change.

And I always maintained that Buchecha was the man. The huge amount of Rodolfo supporters made me uneasy, but I never stepped off! Good to see Buchecha win. I never thought I'd see him own Rodolfo like this though. Crazy.

Wake up in the morning to check the results and that's some crazy shit.
Caio beats Bruno at Worlds
Ary celebrated too hard for gold
Tanquinho beats Rafa
Leandro Lo never stalls
Calasans is Atos' last hope and loses
Most anticipated match is closed out by Braulio and Romulo
etc etc

Anyone see Bruno Bastos give Buchecha his belt?

what was that?

Cobrinha is getting older but is still actively staying on the podium.

Has he lost a step in his age? No. Competition is getting that much better.

Tanq beat Cobrinha....who then beat Rafa.

I mean, come on. I know Gabi trains hard, I know she has put in the work.
But Jeezus

9707.jpg

Who is that with Bigfoot Silva?

holy mother of god buchecha dominated rodolfo.

and tanq beat rafael?! i need to see the video!

I wish Braulio would have entered the absolute. He was on fire this year. Maybe the fact he's facing Rodolfo at Metamoris had something to do with it? They probably would have faced each other.

holy mother of god buchecha dominated rodolfo.

and tanq beat rafael?! i need to see the video!

Yeah both Mendes Bros played it a little too safe this year, and it backfired.

so, is checkmat the best team now? as far as black belts go?

(of course alliance won on the team points by double probably but they have way more schools)

so, is checkmat the best team now? as far as black belts go?

(of course alliance won on the team points by double probably but they have way more schools)

Yeah, I'm starting to think so. They're definitely the up and comers, given how young their winners were compared to GB, Alliance, or Atos.

Crazy to think that, considering they're such a young team.

I wouldn't count Atos quite yet. I still think Atos might have better BBs throughout weight classes. They're just having an off year at worlds IMO. Checkmat rules the heavier weightclasses though.

At blackbelt (adult, male) this year Checkmat picked up: 3 Gold, 2 Silver and 3 Bronze

Atos picked up: 3 Silver and 3 Bronze

Alliance picked up: 1 Gold, 2 Silver and 5 Bronze

Gracie Barra picked up: 2 Gold, 1 Silver and 1 Bronze

I really thought that Rodolfo was going to beat Buchecha this year. never thought he'd get handled like like did.

Buchecha is an anomaly in that he is super huge but moves like a guy about 100 pounds lighter. So quick, agile, and athletic.

I think he'd give prime Roger fits.

Back