*** OFFICIAL Pacquiao vs Matthysse Fight Discussion/Spoilers Thread ***

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's bullshit, Pacquiao is still widely known here. Every sports fan knows his name and plenty of non-sports fans do as well. Fuck off.

Guys no need in getting angry

Yeah alot of the filipinos who work there, i watched the hatton pacman presser in england on livestream and the only people that showed up were those filipino expats who worked at the mall and stuff.

Mayweather is a different story he is massive in England

Last edited:
I knew the steroids accusations would start if he won this fight. You guys remember that we're talking about Manny stopping a guy that was recently stopped by Viktor Postol right? Lol. Come on.

Manny outclassed him, and he quit. That's pretty much it. He didn't go out there and show any super human abilities, he looked exactly like he always looked, except Lucas stood right in front of him and played into his strengths.

Also, when's the last time we saw Pacquiao fight a guy Lucas' size? Realistically, maybe JMM or Hatton?

I knew the steroids accusations would start if he won this fight. You guys remember that we're talking about Manny stopping a guy that was recently stopped by Viktor Postol right? Lol. Come on.
Manny outclassed him, and he quit. That's pretty much it. He didn't go out there and show any super human abilities, in face he looked exactly like he always looked, except Lucas stood right in front of him and played into his strengths.

Also, when's the last time we saw Pacquiao fight a guy Lucas' size? Realistically, maybe JMM?

I dont know man, pacquiao looked fast and he was throwing combos, it dont matter if you got a guy standing there stamina is stamina, pac hasnt thrown that many combos in ages. Also his body was looking yoked and full, not weak and frail like his past few fights.

Did ali look good against cleveland williams who was a gimp leg slow plodding tailormade opponent? Yes he did it was the last time ali was light on his toes and throwing fluid shots, same thing with manny he looked physically better and his endurance was like a young manny against lucas.

Either pacman did something different in training or well id rather not say

I dont know man, pacquiao looked fast and he was throwing combos, it dont matter if you got a guy standing there stamina is stamina, pac hasnt thrown that many combos in ages. Also his body was looking yoked and full, not weak and frail like his past few fights.

Manny always looks the same. A lot of this stuff is in your guys' heads.

960x0.jpg

Manny always looks the same. A lot of this stuff is in your guys' heads.

960x0.jpg
Explain the punch output? And not getting tired, wasnt jessie vargas standing right in front of him too trying to counter like lucas? Pac didnt throw that many shots in that fight, in this fight he was in and out, setting his feet throwing his vintage flurries and getting out. He did this without gasping for breath at forty

Manny outclassed him, and he quit. That's pretty much it. He didn't go out there and show any super human abilities, he looked exactly like he always looked, except Lucas stood right in front of him and played into his strengths.

Also, when's the last time we saw Pacquiao fight a guy Lucas' size? Realistically, maybe JMM or Hatton?
Not from me, my posts were about what happened almost 10 years ago.

I personally thought Pac looked old, he just had someone who looked a lot worse in front of him. His punches didn't seem fluid or as straight, his footwork looked a little goofy. I fear the horrendous beating he has likely earned with this overhyped win.

That was ages ago, look at ufc people forgot about chael sonnen and moved on quickly, ten years is a new generation of fans man, pacman is not known in the uk.
Sonnen was never near the magnitude that Pacquiao was/is.

Can someone explain the mouthpiece spitting thing.

Couldnt the ref just give him a standing 8, then get the corner to put it back in? Why was it an automatic loss, just by spitting the mouthpiece? Lucas looked hurt, but couldve continued.
Basically, Lucas quit.

Not from me, my posts were about what happened almost 10 years ago.

I personally thought Pac looked old, he just had someone who looked a lot worse in front of him. His punches didn't seem fluid or as straight, his footwork looked a little goofy. I fear the horrendous beating he has likely earned with this overhyped win.

That's more in line with what I saw. I think we saw the best 40 year old Manny that we could see. A guy that was embarrassed over the Horn fight, and trained hard to prove he can still beat good opponents. But he still looked 40, and he was physically the same he's looked the last couple years.

Lucas did exactly what he had to do for Manny to really fight his best. Great match making.

Explain the punch output? And not getting tired, wasnt jessie vargas standing right in front of him too trying to counter like lucas? Pac didnt throw that many shots in that fight, in this fight he was in and out, setting his feet throwing his vintage flurries and getting out. He did this without gasping for breath at forty

Vargas is 5 inches taller and 6 years younger than Lucas.

The rest of what you said is actually just inaccurate. Manny did not move like he used to, he did not throw flurries like he used to, he did the exact stuff he could do when he beat Bradley and Vargas, except those guys box better than Lucas.

DId anybody else think that the broadcast was awful? Like, the camera angles and replays? It was like Friday Night Fights. Where's the super HD slow motion and all that other modern stuff?

I think Pacquiao's lack of legs actually facilitated his offense. Instead of bouncing around ineffectively like he started to do in old age, he was more efficient with his footwork. The right hook to set up the left uppercut was brilliant, and the body punches were surprising. Matthysse clearly not in the best of shape but he didn't come in to lose and Manny likely surprised him with his aggression and stubborn control of the center; Lucas isn't a counter-puncher with the head movement to consistently check Pac.

As far as his age, Pac didn't look much better or worse physically than he has in recent years in terms of speed or stamina, but his attitude was totally different. It was significant. Not even against Algieri was he so determined to make a statement.

Tidwell, I think you should eat some crow here. I just remembered that you were the guy saying Pacquiao had never fought a puncher (lol) and that Lucas was going to knock him out. You feared for Pac's life, lol.

lol just stop

Pacman hasn't fought a legit puncher, his chin is not great, he had relied on slipping and athletic reflexes to avoid brunt force trauma, but when his legs gave out he got knocked out cold

Lucas will knock him out cold, Lucas is the first real puncher he has ever fought.

Which one of those guys are lethal punchers?

Lucas is one of those guys if he grazes your chin he can rock you, pacquiao has never been hit by a true one punch ko guy with heavy hands, i fear for his life in this fight and he has no trainer going into the fight.

I also just noticed that you said Pac did not have a good chin, and only avoided knockouts by dodging, and then Pac got knocked out when "his legs gave out" against Marquez. Lol. Is that really what you saw? You saw Pac's legs give out, and he was finally punched? Lol.

Tidwell, I think you should eat some crow here. I just remembered that you were the guy saying Pacquiao had never fought a puncher (lol) and that Lucas was going to knock him out. You feared for Pac's life, lol.

I also just noticed that you said Pac did not have a good chin, and only avoided knockouts by dodging, and then Pac got knocked out when "his legs gave out" against Marquez. Lol. Is that really what you saw? You saw Pac's legs give out, and he was finally punched? Lol.

Lucas is still the hardest punch he ever fought

Why you bring old shit up I gave Pac is props in this fight move on with that shit dude

Also what are you talking about what are you getting at with the Marquez thing?

Why you bringing that up?

This is what I mean by his legs giving out, Pac tapped Marquez food and stumbled forward you never hit something without seeing it and you fall forward like this? Pac face went right into that powerful timed right hand by JMM and it was a wrap.

giphy.gif

Lucas is still the hardest punch he ever fought

Why you bring old shit up I gave Pac is props in this fight move on with that shit dude

Also what are you talking about what are you getting at with the Marquez thing?

Why you bringing that up?

This is what I mean by his legs giving out, Pac tapped Marquez food and stumbled forward you never hit something without seeing it and you fall forward like this? Pac face went right into that powerful timed right hand by JMM and it was a wrap.

giphy.gif

You said a bunch of dumb stuff, and when it inevitably was proven dumb, you started accusing Pacquiao of using steroids. That's not giving props, that's accusing someone of cheating.

I brought up Marquez because you talked about Marquez.

You said a bunch of dumb stuff, and when it inevitably was proven dumb, you started accusing Pacquiao of using steroids. That's not giving props, that's accusing someone of cheating.

I brought up Marquez because you talked about Marquez.
Where did I accuse Pac of steroids man.

I said he looked good against Lucas isnt that enough

You tried to bring up some stuff I said before like to rub it in my face, thats Childish man, I made a preffight assessment and it happen not to come to fruition shit happens move on. A lot of people predict stuff and the fight doesn't end the way they predict.

I said Lucas was the hardest puncher Pac has ever fought p4p, which is true, Austin Trout even said it that Lucas was the hardest puncher he ever face in his life.

Lucas couldn't land flush on manny so that power was nothing, you need land to make a game changer move but Pac impressed me with his reflexes to avoid and block most of the hard shots

You brought up Marquez when it has nothing to do with this fight

but anyway enjoy lol
manny.gif

well, yeah. i didn't say thurman and garcia are tough fights for manny 10 years ago.

pac being 40 isn't hypothetical. he's old, his legs are shot. he's still a good boxer, but he's definitely on the way out.
I'm not going to argue that PAC is beyond prime. But his style suits Danny Garcia and Thurman's. Not Spence's and definitely not Crawford's.

I'm not going to argue that PAC is beyond prime. But his style suits Danny Garcia and Thurman's. Not Spence's and definitely not Crawford's.
All 4 would beat him.

i don't get what your point is. we're talking about who manny should fight now, and who he could beat now. not at the pinnacle of his career, but now.

all those guys would've very likely put a horrendous beating on him, had he fought them this weekend instead of matthysse. he'd be a heavy favorite if it was 2009, but it isn't.

Back