*** OFFICIAL Pacquiao vs Matthysse Fight Discussion/Spoilers Thread ***

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just saw the fight. I think Pac looked a lot more explosive than vs Horn. I think he probably overlooked Horn and paid the price.

I do agree that he should stay at 140. No need to be fighting bigger guys at 39 anymore. I think he's still a handful for anyone there.

Matthysse was dropped in the third round by an uppercut, he took a voluntary knee in the fifth after getting hit with a temple shot. And then he went down for a third time in the seventh from another uppercut, and remained on a knee as referee Kenny Bayless waved off the fight.

There were many critics, including a good number in Argentina, who felt Matthysse quit and was looking for a way out in the contest.

When Matthysse arrived at Ezeiza Airport, he lashed out.

"They say I [quit] and a lot of bullsh*t, nonsense," Matthysse said.

"I know everything I did, and I know what kind of effort I made. But things did not work out," said Matthysse.

"Just as we criticize Messi, who is the best soccer player, [the critics] are going to kill me. That's how we Argentines are. You have to put up with everything people say, but I'm very proud of where I came from and I got the most out of what an Argentine boxer can aspire to achieve.

"You win some and you lose some. They give you criticism, but we Argentines are like that, what are you going to do. Right now I have to rest. I was away from home for a long time, I want to be with my daughter and my family, who are the ones who always welcome me with a hug."

Back