No Spoilers Official Red Dead Redemption 2 Discussion

I've never played a multiplayer game that felt more unfair than PvP on here. I could swear I just got killed by someone turned around running away before they even turned around to fire a shot. I just got a headshot on a guy, got the red crosshairs confirming the kill, only for me to die with it snapping back to him running after I just watched him drop dead. It makes no sense.

Also all you dudes shitting on the game - go fucking play Battlefield, COD or Fortnite. You probably also shitted on Spider Man.

And I buy a lot of games except the fucking ones multiplayer orientated that let some 12 year old bastard own you all day and call you noob and you need to spend 150 hours on the same fucking map doing the same shit before you become competent. I’ve got something else I need to spend my time on and it’s called WORK & FAMILY. I love games with stories and that don’t make you work. Saturday evening, 10pm, kid is in bed, gf is watching Dark Mirror, I got a beer and a couch and can play around in a world.

This is THE GOAT game of this generation along with Witcher 3. Maybe Witcher 3 is a notch above. Below them are a couple like Yakuza 6, Horizon Zero Dawn, Just Cause 3, God of War, Spider Man, Fallout 4, Shadow of War. Assassins Creed Origins, Yakuza Zero and MSG V hmm a category below along with Deus Exs and Far Cry 4, Just Cause 3, Sniper Elite. I’m probably misqsing something. I haven’t played Odyssey yet.

Fuck Batman for its shitty dance rhythm game fights. And that fucking BatTank.

GTA V/Skyrim doesn’t count because it was the generation before. X Com would definitely be tier 2 count but I played it on PC. But if you count the games in this paragraph, they still doesn’t beat Witcher or Red Dead 2.

If you fucking complain about riding a horse in a beautiful fucking country for missions while talking with living breathing NPCs, you’re an entitled millennial. Put on a podcast on your phone and chill the fuck out just like I do when I cruise in my car.

The story made my kid cry for the first time ever watching a game or even a film. We had a big cry together and a hug.

I sometimes take a stage coach because Strawberry to St Denis WILL involve a gun fight along the way but I will happily ride around and get involved in the various weird quests I might get. Ive done most on the gamę and still chug around. I might play Odyssey today because my kid is starting a new game in Red Dead.

My end game dude is a fucking BADASS and he’s decked out like the boss he is. My kid has a PS3 at his moms (he’s majority of the time with me) and he’s getting Red Dead 1 to play there. I think he’s going to cry... until I get him the Zombie DLC -but for instance I banned him from playing GTA V which he got from her dude.

Dude I don’t like COD or fortnite and I love Witcher 3, dark souls etc and I’m a patient gamer and I’m pushing through to beat this game.

It isn’t going to make all of us cry from joy, it’s a repetitive linear game that has minimal action. Cooking, cleaning, sleeping etc are not fun to do.

The action is outdated for a game that took 8 years to make. I’ll leave it at this...there’s a girl at work that used to work for game stop and took a week off for this game. She’s an obsessed red dead fan. She said the game can be ok and she’ll still lie to herself and call it a 10. After 2 weeks she gave up during chapter 3 and said this game sucks and she’s disinterested.

Dude I don’t like COD or fortnite and I love Witcher 3, dark souls etc and I’m a patient gamer and I’m pushing through to beat this game.

It isn’t going to make all of us cry from joy, it’s a repetitive linear game that has minimal action. Cooking, cleaning, sleeping etc are not fun to do.

The action is outdated for a game that took 8 years to make. I’ll leave it at this...there’s a girl at work that used to work for game stop and took a week off for this game. She’s an obsessed red dead fan. She said the game can be ok and she’ll still lie to herself and call it a 10. After 2 weeks she gave up during chapter 3 and said this game sucks and she’s disinterested.

Well give her Yakuza Zero. Or Witcher 3 if she hasn’t played it.

Well give her Yakuza Zero. Or Witcher 3 if she hasn’t played it.

A lot of people got bored from Witcher 3. Those are the gamers I suggest to go play Spider-Man or GOW. They want instant action.

I give RDR2 a 10/10 when the action kicks in or sometimes just riding around. But I feel it takes me an eternity to squeeze action out. I’m in chapter 5 I recently decided I don’t care anymore and I’m going to have fun so I rob more people and shoot stuff up and the game has improved but sadly my honor is going downhill. I think that means the ending will be bad or some thing

A lot of people got bored from Witcher 3. Those are the gamers I suggest to go play Spider-Man or GOW. They want instant action.

I give RDR2 a 10/10 when the action kicks in or sometimes just riding around. But I feel it takes me an eternity to squeeze action out. I’m in chapter 5 I recently decided I don’t care anymore and I’m going to have fun so I rob more people and shoot stuff up and the game has improved but sadly my honor is going downhill. I think that means the ending will be bad or some thing
Might not be everyone's thing but I love the inbetween time of the action. Thinking about what just happened or what's about to happen, doing little immersive things, and taking in the beauty of the environment just accentuates the shootouts when they do happen. The narrative gets helped by it too, the character isn't a gun wielding android but a real human being who you can empathize with. The peaks are higher and the valleys are lower. I like the game the way it is and I'm ok if not everyone is, call me selfish.

Might not be everyone's thing but I love the inbetween time of the action. Thinking about what just happened or what's about to happen, doing little immersive things, and taking in the beauty of the environment just accentuates the shootouts when they do happen. The narrative gets helped by it too, the character isn't a gun wielding android but a real human being who you can empathize with. The peaks are higher and the valleys are lower. I like the game the way it is and I'm ok if not everyone is, call me selfish.

I just wish the world in RD was a little scarier or challenging. I feel with a shotgun nothing can mess with you. I felt much more vulnerable in RD1

I just wish the world in RD was a little scarier or challenging. I feel with a shotgun nothing can mess with you. I felt much more vulnerable in RD1
I feel you there. The multiplayer feels so much more tense because a headshot from anyone including the AI can take you out. A hard mode would be tremendously helpful. That's probably the biggest thing I'd want in the story mode.

PS-Messages-20181209-123509.jpg

20181209-123621.jpg

Also all you dudes shitting on the game - go fucking play Battlefield, COD or Fortnite. You probably also shitted on Spider Man.

And I buy a lot of games except the fucking ones multiplayer orientated that let some 12 year old bastard own you all day and call you noob and you need to spend 150 hours on the same fucking map doing the same shit before you become competent. I’ve got something else I need to spend my time on and it’s called WORK & FAMILY. I love games with stories and that don’t make you work. Saturday evening, 10pm, kid is in bed, gf is watching Dark Mirror, I got a beer and a couch and can play around in a world.

This is THE GOAT game of this generation along with Witcher 3. Maybe Witcher 3 is a notch above. Below them are a couple like Yakuza 6, Horizon Zero Dawn, Just Cause 3, God of War, Spider Man, Fallout 4, Shadow of War. Assassins Creed Origins, Yakuza Zero and MSG V hmm a category below along with Deus Exs and Far Cry 4, Just Cause 3, Sniper Elite. I’m probably misqsing something. I haven’t played Odyssey yet.

Fuck Batman for its shitty dance rhythm game fights. And that fucking BatTank.

GTA V/Skyrim doesn’t count because it was the generation before. X Com would definitely be tier 2 count but I played it on PC. But if you count the games in this paragraph, they still doesn’t beat Witcher or Red Dead 2.

If you fucking complain about riding a horse in a beautiful fucking country for missions while talking with living breathing NPCs, you’re an entitled millennial. Put on a podcast on your phone and chill the fuck out just like I do when I cruise in my car.

The story made my kid cry for the first time ever watching a game or even a film. We had a big cry together and a hug.

I sometimes take a stage coach because Strawberry to St Denis WILL involve a gun fight along the way but I will happily ride around and get involved in the various weird quests I might get. Ive done most on the gamę and still chug around. I might play Odyssey today because my kid is starting a new game in Red Dead.

My end game dude is a fucking BADASS and he’s decked out like the boss he is. My kid has a PS3 at his moms (he’s majority of the time with me) and he’s getting Red Dead 1 to play there. I think he’s going to cry... until I get him the Zombie DLC -but for instance I banned him from playing GTA V which he got from her dude.

yeah I think if we're being honest about modern day culture and the top trending artists of today, the Red Dead series is completely kid-friendly compared to what's actually out there spinning messages with zero social criticisms smirkingly-woven into its antiheroism

most popular songs about killing fools who look at you funny and macking b*tches aren't poking fun at their own value systems

There’s an ending and then there’s...

I like the dude who called me a bitch and then did a bitch move when I called him something else because I bonded wth my kid over the ending. He’s a ‘real’ cowboy. He’s basically Mitch.

My dudes keep it civil in here.

Thinking about starting a 2nd playthrough. This time going to be a prick Morgan. Need to do some hunts and get that 70 gold medal cheevo.

Hear, hear. I too was a shotgun-maven. If I had a slug left, someone was getting put in a box.

yeah I think if we're being honest about modern day culture and the top trending artists of today, the Red Dead series is completely kid-friendly compared to what's actually out there spinning messages with zero social criticisms smirkingly-woven into its antiheroism

most popular songs about killing fools who look at you funny and macking b*tches aren't poking fun at their own value systems

My kid can't play GTA V but I bought him Red Dead 1 to play on my PS3 because he so enjoys Red Dead 2 and wants to continue. I bought the PS3 to play Yakuza 4 and 5 after playing Zero. Awesome games. 6 and the Kiwami series are incredible.

I sold my Xbox 360 with Red Dead Red 1 when I had a good collection of PS4 games. He's 11 and he can handle the game unlike playing a bunch of psychopaths going to strip clubs.

Last edited:
Man the epilogue chapters sure know how to kill the pace.

I know people love this game but its a chore more often than not. It does a lot at the best level ive probably ever seen in a game but its marred by tedium in its chase for realism.

Its a great game but its not one I would play again. I just find thats the same for all Rockstar games tbh, even GTA's, once I finish, I never come back.

Man the epilogue chapters sure know how to kill the pace.

I know people love this game but its a chore more often than not. It does a lot at the best level ive probably ever seen in a game but its marred by tedium in its chase for realism.

Its a great game but its not one I would play again. I just find thats the same for all Rockstar games tbh, even GTA's, once I finish, I never come back.

Slaughtered dozens of saint denis officers and narrowly escaped with your life

But distributing water to 4 different locations on the ranch broke you

My kid can't play GTA V but I bought him Red Dead 1 to play on my PS3 because he so enjoys Red Dead 2 and wants to continue. I bought the PS3 to play Yakuza 4 and 5 after playing Zero. Awesome games. 6 and the Kiwami series are incredible.

I sold my Xbox 360 with Red Dead Red 1 when I had a good collection of PS4 games. He's 11 and he can handle the game unlike playing a bunch of psychopaths going to strip clubs.
Don't forget the scene with the Mexican rebel fucking his girl.

Don't forget the scene with the Mexican rebel fucking his girl.

He just watched a vampire bang a werewolf in Underworld but fuck me if he’s going to play a dude who curb stomps a drug addict biker after butt fucking his girl in exchange for meth (that scene made me sad because the biker dude was so cool in the GTA IV DLC). I think he can handle John Marston.

This is THE GOAT game of this generation along with Witcher 3. Maybe Witcher 3 is a notch above.

without too much of a RD2 sidebar I'm curious why people thought The Witcher was GOAT story, I gave it way more credit for the technical aspects like having an innovative map/combat/enemy/card system but the story itself never struck me as new to the genre more like homages to "kill the beast that lives in the hills" creature lore and european romance novels

He just watched a vampire bang a werewolf in Underworld but fuck me if he’s going to play a dude who curb stomps a drug addict biker after butt fucking his girl in exchange for meth (that scene made me sad because the biker dude was so cool in the GTA IV DLC). I think he can handle John Marston.
I barely played that DLC but that scene made me feel terrible for some reason lol. They did him real dirty.

without too much of a RD2 sidebar I'm curious why people thought The Witcher was GOAT story, I gave it way more credit for the technical aspects like having an innovative map/combat/enemy/card system but the story itself never struck me as new to the genre more like homages to "kill the beast that lives in the hills" creature lore and european romance novels

I have Witcher 3 in my top 3 GOAT games. I would agree that the storyline wasnt overwhelming or anything it was primarily the gameplay. As I mentioned in an earlier post, RDR 1 is a scary world. RDR2 had so much potential...I used to be afraid to walk around in the woods at night when I first started but I very quickly learned there's nothing too threatening. A snake here, an alligator...what does it matter as long as you have a shotgun which you get early in the game?

In Witcher...the woods are extremely dangerous. A dragon here, witches there, rapists and criminals every where.

Also the thing Witcher did was the story line and cut scenes were 20% of the game and 80% was game play. I would say RDR2 its like 45% videos and cut scenes and 45% gameplay. It completely kills the pacing. A part of me dies every time when Arthurs boots turn into fucking lead and molasses as well as those 6 minute pointless convo scenes when you're riding to a mission.

GTA handles all those so much better than RDR2. In trying to make it so real I actually find it kind of unrealistic. No one walks like a zombie in a camp.

Back