No Spoilers Official Red Dead Redemption 2 Discussion

There’s an ending and then there’s...

I like the dude who called me a bitch and then did a bitch move when I called him something else because I bonded wth my kid over the ending. He’s a ‘real’ cowboy. He’s basically Mitch.

Actually what happened was you left a long ranting post on here calling people incels and millenials then proceeded to tell everyone you cried with your son over a videogame. The hypocrisy and irony is huge.

Also for all your chat, you legitimately look like Milhouse from the simpsons you sad, sad human.

If you think I reported you youre wrong lol. Bitch.

GTA handles all those so much better than RDR2. In trying to make it so real I actually find it kind of unrealistic. No one walks like a zombie in a camp.

actually I think GTA slowed their characters down when they entered the house, so we can blame them for making it a trend

As someone who never enjoys trolling RD2 online players (or god forbid stealing their caravan missions for 11 dollars smh) I was testing the boundaries of trolling with my friendly posse today and learned something absolutely critical:

if you are inside your Camp with the white flag raised players can still kill your horse with dynamite

if you are in a contact mission players can still kill everyone's horses with dynamite

Lucky for us most people haven't caught on, but mark my words unless they disable that damage that will become a very real thing in Contact Missions

actually I think GTA slowed their characters down when they entered the house, so we can blame them for making it a trend

Why do I not remember it being this slow
Tho? It’s anotther level slow in RDR2. Cerebral palsy level

I think the problem is it's a lot more spread out in this game compared to the houses in GTA where there's not a lot of space to move. You see this huge expanse that you were just running in and now you're meandering for no reason other than it being "camp" with no real barriers.

It really sucks in PvP where you expect it to act like a somewhat traditional shooter. Though Last of Us was slow and methodical but never felt like it was dragging you through molasses. I think the sluggishness in PvP is probably due to more than animations.

As someone who never enjoys trolling RD2 online players (or god forbid stealing their caravan missions for 11 dollars smh) I was testing the boundaries of trolling with my friendly posse today and learned something absolutely critical:

if you are inside your Camp with the white flag raised players can still kill your horse with dynamite

if you are in a contact mission players can still kill everyone's horses with dynamite

Lucky for us most people haven't caught on, but mark my words unless they disable that damage that will become a very real thing in Contact Missions
Players could blow up your cars in GTAO. Doubt they change that. Thats what horse insurance is for.

Players could blow up your cars in GTAO. Doubt they change that. Thats what horse insurance is for.

It didn't take you 40 to 60 minutes bonding with your car to reach maximum gas mileage though

It didn't take you 40 to 60 minutes bonding with your car to reach maximum gas mileage though

You get your horse back, so what is your point?

You spend millions for a Super Car like the T20 or Osiris. Pay the mors mutual insurance for free (cause another player blew it up) and get it back.

My horse hasn't died yet but it's the same way is it not??

Never owned a Yacht huh? It not as slow but the areas are a lot larger. Motorcycle clubs and Facilities were brutal to walk through as well.

No much like my real life didn’t get that rich :’(

Lmao at least you got one. I grinded the hell out of pacific standard heist to get enough cash saved and did the criminal mastermind $10 million award.

Was not worth it. I bought 2 yachts. Got the 2nd one 50% off on my 2nd character.

Waste of money but it beats the $10 million gold learjet.

Wonder of Rockstar will allow 2nd chars for RDO after the beta. That would be cool. Would make a chick character.

Can we agree the D Angelo song is one of the best songs ever put into a video game?

Starting to have alot more fun online. Getting used to the shooting mechanics finally

You get your horse back, so what is your point?
Horse bonding is reset when your horse dies

At level 4 bonding stamina and health are drastically improved, that's what the higher greyed out stats are for

At level 4 bonding stamina and health are drastically improved, that's what the higher greyed out stats are for
Oh really? I guess I've been able to revive my horse since the first day where he died twice. I still have him reset to level 0 randomly but rejoining the server fixes it.

Thats a bug. I had that happen to me randomly riding my horse. I was rank 4 and then it said i hit rank 1 shortly after. It sorted itself out shortly after.

Wonder of Rockstar will allow 2nd chars for RDO after the beta. That would be cool. Would make a chick character.

Swapped to a female main because there's roughly 700 billion male characters in play for every female

Clothing is limited; I recommend selecting the sleeveless chemise to start if you ever want to see your arms again because there's only one sleeveless clothing item for women in the game right now (if you don't pick it at start the level unlock for the shirt is something like 23, plus gold to buy)

So far all the women's jackets look a bit awkward with bulky, frilly shoulder pads that other players would inevitably make fun of and sadly most of the "big hair" options wind up glitching your hair through stolen hats and occasionally your own

<2>

but at least you get to hear the sound of a woman screaming painfully whenever you're in a firefight. My guy character barely made anything louder than a pronounced Grunt (aside from falling to his death) but female characters sound like they're being boiled alive when they take a bullet

For some reason, dogs keep throwing themselves in front of my horse when I am walking through town and I accidentally kill them. It’s always right when I can do nothing to avoid it. I feel really bad because of the sound they make. It’s awful.

In Valentine, when you come out of the stables, it has an automatic animation that makes your horse walk forward a few feet. Well, the dog just stood right in front of me and there was nothing I could do. Then in Annesberg, I had just left the fence. I turned my horse around and proceeded forward. Right then, the shop owner’s dog was coming right out the door and ran in front of my horse. He died too.

Back