No Spoilers Official Red Dead Redemption 2 Discussion

Most wanted tall trees is my favorite so far. Best I've done is third place. I haven't played a video game in over 5 years. Its frustrating, but understandable. Spent all the cash I had to get the Litchfield repeater hoping it would be better than the varmint rifle. Just about a gotdamn waste of money
That's not bad at all. I hear the Varmint Rifle is supposed to be OP but I prefer the Lancaster Repeater because I have a little more room for sloppiness and I can take weakened enemies out with body shots.

That's not bad at all. I hear the Varmint Rifle is supposed to be OP
41c85173-4f86-4e75-a7e9-0cec022f78e6.PNG

<2>
Varmint rifle in hand, slowly I train in small showdown for the big leagues

Just finished the epilogue. The story was great imo. Really ramped up the last couple of chapters. I'd give the game an 8.5/10. There was a few things that held it back from being better.

It almost feels like GTA 4 in a way. As Rockstar tried to make some aspects of it too realistic and it took away from the fun.

Just finished the epilogue. The story was great imo. Really ramped up the last couple of chapters. I'd give the game an 8.5/10. There was a few things that held it back from being better.

It almost feels like GTA 4 in a way. As Rockstar tried to make some aspects of it too realistic and it took away from the fun.

I'd put in my top three games of all time - Witcher 3, Planescape Torment and RDR2. And I've got 140 games in my Steam library plus I've sold consoles and 50 games at a time.

Maybe there's Yakuza 6 up there plus Vampire Masquerade or Deus Ex for nostalgia along the way.

Like I've said in this thread, the game literally taught my kid about REDEMPTION. It's the anti GTA.

All the shit you've done in life, will come back and fuck with you but you can redeem yourself.

If you like this game, check out Yakuza Zero then if you like it, Yakuza Kiwami 1, Kiwami 2 and then Yakuza 6 in that order.

Ugh I was absolutely dominating a Most Wanted with 120 points nearly tripling second place's score when my internet shit the bed and kicked me out.
<2>

I’m loving the game. I am a little over half way done. But there are definitely some issues with the controls.

Whenever an animal is chasing me, clicking on R3 to look behind me does not work, ever. It works any other time, just not then.

When the Murfee Brood tries to jump me, the controls just stop working altogether until they are able to sidle right up next to me, finish their dialogue, and throw me off my horse and kill her. Once, I caught on really early that they were coming and started riding as fast as I could, mashing the X button. It literally broke the game. Everything went black, and the game had to reload at a previous save point. Since then, I have had to just let them kill my horse and revive her. I hate that. That one really needs to be fixed.

My new favorite online pasttime has to be chain-smoking cigarettes with Flaco Hernandez staring at me until he becomes uncomfortable and paranoid

:rustled:

For any new online players it's worth mentioning that delivering/killing Stranger mission objectives in the last 60/30 seconds pays considerably more cash and xp, so i advise everyone hogtie their targets and take them to their favorite npc locations, smoke a few cigarettes, get drunk and execute them in the final countdown much to the horror and dismay of Society Ladies everywhere, fleeing in terror clutching their hats

My new favorite online pasttime has to be chain-smoking cigarettes with Flaco Hernandez staring at me until he becomes uncomfortable and paranoid

:rustled:

For any new online players it's worth mentioning that delivering/killing Stranger mission objectives in the last 60/30 seconds pays considerably more cash and xp, so i advise everyone hogtie their targets and take them to their favorite npc locations, smoke a few cigarettes, get drunk and execute them in the final countdown much to the horror and dismay of Society Ladies everywhere, fleeing in terror clutching their hats
Where do you find Flaco at?

Where you find him in the first player game. Hes a stranger mission
Oh nice lol. I couldn't activate Stranger Missions since the second day but I hear they fixed it so I should try again.

Also I still need some posse members if anyone is interested.

Rockstar are supposed to be rolling out some anti griefing measures in the next update.

Rockstar are supposed to be rolling out some anti griefing measures in the next update.
A bounty system would be ideal. Encourage griefing of the griefers.

They're giving out another 15 gold today. I'd recommend everyone who fishes to get the special spinner with their gold, it's either 1 or 3 gold but can't break and can get any fish size.

A bounty system would be ideal. Encourage griefing of the griefers.

They're giving out another 15 gold today. I'd recommend everyone who fishes to get the special spinner with their gold, it's either 1 or 3 gold but can't break and can get any fish size.
Fucking sweet!!

During the stranger missions they now have you take out players. I wonder if those players are griefers?

Coming to the end of the main story. The game is amazing. My only gripe is how someone will start shit with me in town, I antagonize then back, beat their ass when they throw the first punch and I get in trouble for it. You shouldn’t be penalized for defending yourself.

During the stranger missions they now have you take out players. I wonder if those players are griefers?
I remember there being a mission on the first day them the objective sounded like I was killing a player's character but it was an NPC, maybe that is what it was for? Super cool if it was targeting griefers.

Back