No Spoilers Official Red Dead Redemption 2 Discussion

I started reading this thread at about post 300 (day of game release) and just finished.

so about 5 hrs

Sadly though I rebooted my browser and lost my multiquotes so I don't really have much to say now lol. I've never played RDR (or GTAV) but I was blown away by some of the videos ... the quality is mindblowing.

The grass, trees and bushes have come such a long way, I still remember when trees used to be 2 flat pieces slotted together to form a cross, and now they sway, break, burn, trample, bend and so on.

The only criticism I have is the way some of the dialogue is delivered, like that guy hiding in the cave during the first feminist murder video. The length of the pause between each section of dialogue may have been the issue, can't really put my finger on it yet it reminds me of rap songs where the vocal has clearly been cut and moved, making it sound too near to the vocal before it. It didn't sound natural is my point.

I don't really care about playing games as they are released, I'm happy to play them on obsolete systems at my own discretion, so should I get the first game and pick up no2 once I'm done with that? am I missing out if I skip it?
I think the game would be more enjoyable if you've played the first as there is lots of references/foreshadowing and recurring characters from the first game. You could also just watch a recap video which should do the job, ign and Gamespot have one and I've seen a few others, I watched IGN's video just for a quick 5 minute refresher. The first game is amazing though and I do recommend playing it if you have the time.

ONE THING IS FOR SURE.

If you aren't playing this game in 1st person, with free aim on, and dual wielding pistols whenever you get the chance....

Well, you just aren't doing it right.

P.S. - always use cinematic camera when traveling long distances and if you hit R3 enough times there is a 3rd person perspective that is amazing.
I've been playing first person since the first chapter. It definitely makes it better.

I just hit Chapter 5 and I gotta say, I'm not a fan of this one. Looking forward to six.

I hope that I can play first person online, even if other players on mission choose not to. If I'm remembering properly, I think in GTA V online you have to do one or the other depending on what setting the person hosting selected.

Just started chapter 4. Does anyone know if certain missions, activities or events can be missed as you progress through the main story?

This is number one bullsit. First day I tamed the white Arabian. Got it to level 3 bonding. Go into the stable, fucking horse disappears. Ok, so I get a cool ass blue horse. Get that one to level 4. I rob the poker game above the gunsmith in st denis. First responding officer tells me, "I think I hear someone far away calling your name you better leave now". Awesome, my honor saved my ass! Nope, motherfuckers up and kill my horse

Just started chapter 4. Does anyone know if certain missions, activities or events can be missed as you progress through the main story?
I'm not 100% sure, but I know I was unable to get the achievement for doing a companion quest in each camp because I missed two, I believe.

I'm not sure if I actually DID do the quests, but at different camps or what.

There does come a point where you can no longer do camp requests, though. So make sure you've done those before completing the story.

This is number one bullsit. First day I tamed the white Arabian. Got it to level 3 bonding. Go into the stable, fucking horse disappears. Ok, so I get a cool ass blue horse. Get that one to level 4. I rob the poker game above the gunsmith in st denis. First responding officer tells me, "I think I hear someone far away calling your name you better leave now". Awesome, my honor saved my ass! Nope, motherfuckers up and kill my horse

I was making a getaway in St. Denis after robbing the same poker game and saw my horse below. Decided what the fuck, hope this works and jumped off. Actually landed right on the horse and took off.

I was making a getaway in St. Denis after robbing the same poker game and saw my horse below. Decided what the fuck, hope this works and jumped off. Actually landed right on the horse and took off.
Yea apparently you can jump mount your horse from high distances. That's so sick

I
I'm not 100% sure, but I know I was unable to get the achievement for doing a companion quest in each camp because I missed two, I believe.

I'm not sure if I actually DID do the quests, but at different camps or what.

There does come a point where you can no longer do camp requests, though. So make sure you've done those before completing the story.
So far I've been super lucky and have already had everything they ask for. When I first found the harmonica I thought, holy shit I get to learn how to play this in game??

I started the epilouge yesterday and this motherfucker is STILL wandering around looking for Gavin!

What an absolute masterpiece. WOW....

I finished the game and Epilogue this weekend. What a great piece of storytelling. What an alive, living, breathing world.... What great characters, good, bad, and neutral. What great, varying gameplay. From getting drunk, shooting bottles off peoples heads, giving people intentional nutshots, chasing a little man through woods, playing poker for hours for $25, silently stalking animals, the list goes on and on and on.

How can ANYONE ever pay $60 for a game, EVER, after this, and NOT feel ripped off. I paid for the $100, got god knows how many hours in it, and am still going around and finishing up challenges and trying for trophies. I have countless hours left, THEN I have RDR2 Online to play on release.

This game is an absolute beast. Very, very well made game. Game of the year, game of the decade, one of, if not the best games ever.

HOPEFULLY RDR2 online will be a fun ride.

I finished the game and Epilogue this weekend. What a great piece of storytelling. What an alive, living, breathing world.... What great characters, good, bad, and neutral. What great, varying gameplay. From getting drunk, shooting bottles off peoples heads, giving people intentional nutshots, chasing a little man through woods, playing poker for hours for $25, silently stalking animals, the list goes on and on and on.

How can ANYONE ever pay $60 for a game, EVER, after this, and NOT feel ripped off. I paid for the $100, got god knows how many hours in it, and am still going around and finishing up challenges and trying for trophies. I have countless hours left, THEN I have RDR2 Online to play on release.

This game is an absolute beast. Very, very well made game. Game of the year, game of the decade, one of, if not the best games ever.

So what you are saying is, you hated it? It is Sherdog after all.

Juat started playing and got the deer for the camp.

This is a sandbox game yes?

because the game is overhyped shit with shit gameplay

Skill Up put out a whopping 1 hour review.

He said there will be some minor spoilers at the beginning.

A good review where he covers both the negatives and positives.

Back