OFFICIAL (Sanctioned) GGG/Jacobs PBP Thread

I paid attention but 115-112 is still pretty egregious. Other than the knockdown, you think GGG only won 3 rounds?

Edit: So the knockdown, the 12th.....

I'm hoping the third....

And I'll guess the 8th.
Isnt 115-112 the differemce in a 7-5 fight with a knockdown? Dont see it as egregious, sounds accurate. Think about it. Danny couldve won 7 out of the 12 rounds and it still wouldve been a draw because of the KD. Remeber we're talking about a 2point advantage on a 10-8 round.

Isnt 115-112 the differemce in a 7-5 fight with a knockdown? Dont see it as egregious, sounds accurate. Think about it. Danny couldve won 7 out of the 12 rounds and it still wouldve been a draw because of the KD. Remeber we're talking about a 2point advantage on a 10-8 round.
Necrocide is right; 115-112 scored for Jacobs would mean it's 8-4 in rounds won for Jacobs.

If Danny won 7 out of 12 rounds he would have won by a point, it wouldn't have been a draw. It would be 114-113 for him.

Necrocide is right; 115-112 scored for Jacobs would mean it's 8-4 in rounds won for Jacobs.

If Danny won 7 out of 12 rounds he would have won by a point, it wouldn't have been a draw. It would be 114-113 for him.
I was thought he was reffering to the GGG score. Didnt read the whole post...115-112 seems legit in GGGs favor with the KD. The other way for Jacobs, yeah, not so much..lol

Last edited:
They both want Canelo more thab a rematch. GGG would probably take Saunders in GGG's home country before a rematch with Jacobs.

Yeah probably I don't see them having a rematch as their next fight I think ggg will fight canelo next or Saunders.

Yeah probably I don't see them having a rematch as their next fight I think ggg will fight canelo next or Saunders.
I don't see that Canelo fight coming off for Golovkin next. Canelo is fight Chavez in May. He won't be ready to fight again until at least September. Thats a long lay off for Golovkin.

I don't see that Canelo fight coming off for Golovkin next. Canelo is fight Chavez in May. He won't be ready to fight again until at least September. Thats a long lay off for Golovkin.

GGG really wants Saunders during some big expo in his home country that happens in June. That would be the last piece of the puzzle for his dream of getting every major middleweight belt at the same time. The timing works since it is just weeks after Canelo fights Chavez. The big obstacle is BJS not wanting to fight anyone with a pulse.

I don't see that Canelo fight coming off for Golovkin next. Canelo is fight Chavez in May. He won't be ready to fight again until at least September. Thats a long lay off for Golovkin.[/QUOTE

GGG will probably fight Saunders,Eubanks maybe even Charlo before canelo then fight canelo in September.

Wow! That was an excellent fight.It was very close. Jacobs could have won, great win for Golovkin!

It's always interesting to see what themes are taken away from fights like this.
The weight - Jacobs is a big MW. We've known this. @RR has repeatedly told us Danny will likely be moving up to 168 shortly because the weight cut is getting harder and harder. That being said, he made the weight, end of story. He felt the chance to fight for an alphabet soup belt wasn't worth it. Cutting weight is not easy. There are advantages and disadvantages. He did it correctly but it could just as easily gone bad for him and he could've looked like Oscar did against Pac. It's a risk.
Pfft, now I know Canelo would beat him easily - That's fine if you thought that before this fight but I don't see how this fight impacts that matchup at all. Canelo is not Danny and he cannot do what Danny did. Danny is like half a foot taller than Canelo, he's way rangier, heavier, bigger puncher (do not argue this one, their KO rate is not even close), and moves around the ring better. This fight tells us nothing about how that fight will go, nothing. Maybe the only thing you could take away is that GGG's chin is legit.

I think both beat Canelo. I doubt Danny could get that fight though cause there's no way he could get to a weight where Canelo would actually fight him unless he was a bum like Chavez

I don't care what you guess. I'll tell you what gets tiresome is people getting all pissy about scores like you are. Big fucking deal. Someone scored it differently than you did. What do you want, a medal?

tumblr_inline_n1wq5lDZ1u1qe3jki.gif

It's always interesting to see what themes are taken away from fights like this.
The weight - Jacobs is a big MW. We've known this. @RR has repeatedly told us Danny will likely be moving up to 168 shortly because the weight cut is getting harder and harder. That being said, he made the weight, end of story. He felt the chance to fight for an alphabet soup belt wasn't worth it. Cutting weight is not easy. There are advantages and disadvantages. He did it correctly but it could just as easily gone bad for him and he could've looked like Oscar did against Pac. It's a risk.
Pfft, now I know Canelo would beat him easily - That's fine if you thought that before this fight but I don't see how this fight impacts that matchup at all. Canelo is not Danny and he cannot do what Danny did. Danny is like half a foot taller than Canelo, he's way rangier, heavier, bigger puncher (do not argue this one, their KO rate is not even close), and moves around the ring better. This fight tells us nothing about how that fight will go, nothing. Maybe the only thing you could take away is that GGG's chin is legit.

I think both beat Canelo. I doubt Danny could get that fight though cause there's no way he could get to a weight where Canelo would actually fight him unless he was a bum like Chavez

After Chavez, Canelo won't have much of a leg to stand on when it comes to asking for weights below 160.

Rewatching the Chocolatito fight. Rounds 4 and 5 are fucking awesome.

Rewatching the Chocolatito fight. Rounds 4 and 5 are fucking awesome.

That whole fight was pretty awesome. Clear frontrunner for FOTY in my view (granted we're only 3 months in) and maybe better than any fight last year.

That whole fight was pretty awesome. Clear frontrunner for FOTY in my view (granted we're only 3 months in) and maybe better than any fight last year.
We've had FOTY or KO of the year every week it seems.

Yeah I did think Canelo beats GGG before this fight, I've probably been one of the few guys around here saying it. My reason for it being easier is the way GGG didn't do anything special, again...( Ive also been saying already before this fight). He didn't noticebly turn up the heat, try to get him outta there or make adjustments, he's just good at what he does, nothing more. Of course credit is due to Jacobs being his opponent. But GGG just goes about it in a workmanlike demeanor and chop chopchops until the opponent falls, his saving grace was the KD in this fight. He has some skills but not a lot of depth to his game. I've said before this fight that anyone that can box, has some D and some good hand skills i.e. accuracy would give GGG problems and make him look very normal and he wont be the bodysnatcher everyone thinks he is. Only if he could adjust and still get guys out of there, he didn't, and he doesn't. Kell Brook confirmed that and Danny further solidified my assessment. GGG is easy to get to...The whole GGG taking blows just to get to his opponent theory is dead. He has no D.

Now Brook isnt Danny and Danny isnt Brook, both are different fighters and with different body sizes, different power and different style. But the one constant they have is they have boxing skills, use angles well and are pretty accurate. Different fighters, but similar work getting put on GGG. Canelo has every bit of those common skills I mentioned just applied a different way, just like the other two are different from each other. GGGs only chance of beating Canelo is by TKO/KO. I really believe if Canelo doesnt get hurt early and put down, the fight isn't gonna be close the moment Canelo makes his adjustments. Overall he has a more complete package than anyone GGG has fought including Danny Jacobs. Jacobs could beat Canelo and it would be because of his size and length, but Top to bottom, Saul Alvarez is better.

It's gonna be hard the best the #1 p4p fighter going to war. That was something else, I gotta say.

I did too at first but after watching the fight again, it wasn't a KO.

I've watched 3 times and can't decide. First it was GGG dec, then Jacobs KO. Just got a referee stoppage on cuts. It's tough, wouldn't want to be a judge in there.

Back