[OFFICIAL] Shaun Johnson released from Warriors

Upgrade the Jets or Dolphins to an NRL team? Or a brand new one do you think?

But surely Perth has to be the target since Super Rugby axed the Force. I'd like to see a Southern NZ team, doubling as some kind of island team maybe as well.
Redcliff is too out of the way for Brisbane fans, too far from the city and not enough population in that area. Ipswich is a growing area and might pick up some support from Toowoomba though it is an hour away. Also Ipswich is pretty low income area and may have financial problems maintaining a team. I think Brisbane Metro needs a second team, run double headers out of Suncorp stadium.

Well he has had Green and Foran most recently as those organising 5/8s, I think he needs a team with a strong pack most of all. With a bit of go-forward and a roll on he has time and space to play his natural spontaneous sort of game.

Green yes, Foran not so much. Unfortunately, Keiran Foran didn't pay back the Warriors for the lifeline they threw him. Don't get me wrong, I can totally see why he went back to Australia for his family but the Warriors gave him a chance to play and get out of the fire.... and when he opted to sign elsewhere, he pretty much checked out completely

Yeah I agree with you, people talked about his lack of consistency, which is somewhat true....but hard to be consistent in that team, with such a poor forward pack. Well, I guess we will see now.

I gravitated to the warriors when I started watching NRL, they are a bit of shit-show much like my home union team (league is basically a non entity here) so I must be some kind of masochist lol.

Not as bad as a friend of mine.. He's been a fan since day one. He reckons we could turn recite the full play by play to the first final the Warriors played against the Roosters lol. Still blames Richard Vilasanti for dropping the knee on Freddy Fittler's head and waking up the sleeping giant

Serves them right for drug cheating and salary cap scams. Hope they enjoy being sold and relocated to Perth.

They all cheating the cap...

The year the Warriors got popped... They paid Stacey Jones, Ruben Wiki and Steve Price maximum contracts.. I had some of the dumbest people I know come up to me with numbers on the back of their brown paper bag saying "Maf dun ad up".

The Storm one is way up there too.. Word is a luxury boat just randomly showed up to the front yard of one of the Big 3 at the time... with a brown paper bag of cash in the lock box hahaha

Warriors have been linked to Mitchell Moses or Corey Norman since the Eels are shopping players....don't really think either is a great fit. The other I read was that they might just look to go out and steal some top young talent from another club, might not be a bad idea to be fair since they've got RTS, Green and Luke in the spine as it is. Although the Warriors seem hopeless at properly developing their young players and they already have some unproven youngsters, but I suppose if they are taking someone developed at a club with a better youth culture...or if the player is just seriously good. I see they are also linked to Eels prospect Dylan Brown, born in NZ but represents Australia U20...couldn't tell you how good he is.

I can see Isaac Luke getting fat again... I don't think it's contract year..

I thought Shaun Johnson was that twelve year old looking gymnast who said Ortega makes her taco pop.

He's signed for the Sharks on a 3 year deal....doesn't look right not in a warriors jersey

DtSrocNUcAAz-Ve.jpg.hashed.3c15b817.desktop.story.inline.jpg

As mentioned he desperately needed a change of environment. Playing behind a tough and committed pack at Cronulla will benefit him and his creativity is something that Cronulla need badly especially if Wade Graham misses a big chunk of next year.

I think it’ll benefit the Warriors too. He was too comfortable there. Far too inconsistent for a marquee player. If they can sign a decent player to partner Green they’ll do well next year.

He'll be a FA in a year when the Sharks fold... I can't see him taking a huge paycut from his $1m a year with the Warriors... And well, he's wearing a sponsorless jersey in the pic for a reason. The Sharks lost their jersey sponsors to the turn of about $2.5m (I think it was) the day before.

To quote my previous post "Maf dun ad up"

As mentioned he desperately needed a change of environment. Playing behind a tough and committed pack at Cronulla will benefit him and his creativity is something that Cronulla need badly especially if Wade Graham misses a big chunk of next year.

I think it’ll benefit the Warriors too. He was too comfortable there. Far too inconsistent for a marquee player. If they can sign a decent player to partner Green they’ll do well next year.

Inconsistent yes but I don't think he ever got the full backing of the club.

Inconsistent yes but I don't think he ever got the full backing of the club.
They haven’t treated him particularly well recently that’s for sure. May have lost patience with him.

If the knew they were going to let him go not sure why the wouldn’t keep Lino? Although he’s now at far superior club anyway.

They haven’t treated him particularly well recently that’s for sure. May have lost patience with him.

If the knew they were going to let him go not sure why the wouldn’t keep Lino? Although he’s now at far superior club anyway.

Been like that for years. It's hard when you're expected to carry a losing team.

Been an OG Warriors man since 95, have family that have played and still do play for them but a sad day when my 9yr old hung his jersey in the closet last week and said he wont need it anymore

Been an OG Warriors man since 95, have family that have played and still do play for them but a sad day when my 9yr old hung his jersey in the closet last week and said he wont need it anymore

A few years ago I was in a local Stirling Sports and witnessed both the cutest and saddest thing in my life. There was a father carrying his son (looked to be 6-12 months old) and taking him to the jersey section. Carried his son to a Warriors jersey and gave him the speech "Son... this is the jersey of the mighty Vodafone Warriors. These are the only colours you'll need to know about. They WILL be YOUR team, no matter what. All the other colours, they don't matter, but these ones, you'll remain loyal to them forever. Because these are the colours of the mighty Vodafone Warriors". He repeated that for like 10 mins straight.

I was thinking "There's a fan through and through right there" followed be "Poor child... He's never gonna ever know what winning is... ever"

SJ just lost his coach yesterday too.... Oh well, least he's earning good coin. Still stand by my statement that somehow, he'l be a Rooster next year

Back