Official Sherdog Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

flowwiththego

Miss Samantha Fox
Platinum Member
Reaction score
This thread is dedicated to electing the first inductees into "The Sherdog Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame." All matters relating to the Hall will be discussed here.
No insults and personal arguments in the HOF! If you can't play nice, take it somewhere else.
Current HOF members:
Singles
Bruno Sammartino
Harley Race
Steve Austin
El Santo
Bret Hart
Andre The Giant
Lou Thesz
Antonio Inoki
Rikidozan
Hulk Hogan
Ric Flair
Terry Funk
Dusty Rhodes
Gorgeous George
Kenta Kobashi
Buddy Rogers
The Undertaker
Roddy Piper
Dory Funk Jr
Ricky Steamboat
Giant Baba
Superstar Billy Graham
Jumbo Tsuruta
Killer Kowalski
Mitsuharu Misawa
Randy Savage
Verne Gagne
Frank Gotch
Fred Blassie
Nick Bockwinkel
Great Muta
Antonino Rocca
Ed "Strangler" Lewis
The Rock
George Hackenschmidt
Toshiaki Kawada
Jushin Liger
Jim Londos
Mil Mascaras
Curt Hennig
Karl Gotch

Tags
The Road Warriors
The Fabulous Freebirds
The Steiner Brothers
The Midnight Express
The Fabulous Kangaroos
The Rock and Roll Express
The British Bulldogs
The Hart Foundation
The Wild Samoans
The Brainbusters
The Dudley Boys
Miracle Violence Connection
The Brisco Brothers- Jack and Jerry

Managers
Bobby Heenan
Jim Cornette
Fred Blassie
The Grand Wizard
Gary Hart

Announcers
Gordon Solie
Jim Ross
Bobby Heenan
Jesse Ventura
Gorilla Monsoon

Promoters
Vince McMahon
Giant Baba
Antonio Inoki
Vince McMahon-- "Sr"
Stu Hart

Women
The Fabulous Moolah
Mildred Burke
Linda McMahon
Mae Young
Trish Stratus

1st Class

Singles Wrestlers

Bruno Sammartino
01.jpg

Harley Race
12.jpg

Steve Austin
90.jpg

El Santo
01.jpg

Bret Hart
18.jpg

1st Class Singles Wrestlers Cont'd

Andre The Giant
40.jpg

Lou Thesz
10.jpg

Antonio Inoki
10.jpg

Rikidozan
01.jpg

Hulk Hogan
27.jpg

Ric Flair
48.jpg

Tag Teams

1st Class

The Fabulous Kangaroos (Al Costello & Roy Heffernan)
10.jpg

The Steiner Brothers (Rick & Scott)
05.jpg

The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton, Dennis Condrey(not pictured), Stan Lane)
12.jpg

The Fabulous Freebirds (Michael P.S. Hayes, Terry Gordy, Buddy Roberts)
06.jpg

The Road Warriors (Hawk and Animal)
42.jpg

Edit. The second class of single wrestlers are:
Terry Funk
Dusty Rhodes
Gorgeous George
Kenta Kobashi
Buddy Rogers
The Undertaker
Roddy Piper
Dory Funk Jr
Ricky Steamboat
Giant Baba
05.jpg

41.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

04.jpg

The criteria is:
workrate
drawing power
professional success
importance to history
competetive longevity
charisma
promo skills
mainstream status achieved

The wrestler must be 35 years old or have 15 years in the business. wrestlers who died before their 35th birthday will be considered eligible

Do the posthumous inductions have to have the 15 years in the business?

Peet Cassidy may want in as well. He's been posting a lot in the other forum. Are you going to post an announcement in the other thread so everyone knows this thread is open for biz?

This could be a tough vote. I honestly have no idea about wrestlers from any era before the 80's so I cant give an accurate grade to some who may be nominated.

Peet Cassidy may want in as well. He's been posting a lot in the other forum. Are you going to post an announcement in the other thread so everyone knows this thread is open for biz?

I was going to limit it to long time posters who haven't "lost their smile" when it comes to wrestling, But I will bow to the majority--- no offense Peet. My vote would be for him to become a voter later down the line.

How is the nomination process going to work?

This could be a tough vote. I honestly have no idea about wrestlers from any era before the 80's so I cant give an accurate grade to some who may be nominated.

The internet is you friend BRF.:D The other posters can give you info on just about anybody if you have questions. You'll be fine with some research.

Depends. Are we going to focus on a certain era, or just all over the board? If we're going by a certain era, we'll have to figure out which one first.

Edit-- we upped it to ten picks

I was thinking each person could send me a list of five wrestlers via pm. I will compile the nominees into a list. Then each voter can vote for ten guys. The top ten vote getters will be the first ten inducted.

this will be interesting. i guess its time for me to do some research.... whens the dead line for the initial vote?

Depends. Are we going to focus on a certain era, or just all over the board? If we're going by a certain era, we'll have to figure out which one first.

we can do eras and regions if you guys want. We can do a 1983-present (Vince McMahon) and and pre 1983 if you want. We can have a seperate Japanese region also. We can do managers, announcers and promoters. Or we can go across the board.

this will be interesting. i guess its time for me to do some research.... whens the dead line for the initial vote?

we'll take our time so we do it right. I haven't thought of a date yet. any ideas?

I was thinking each person could send me a list of five wrestlers via pm. I will compile the nominees into a list. Then each voter can vote for ten guys. The top ten vote getters will be the first ten inducted.

I had suggested in the other thread, maybe everyone nominating 3. With 18 voters, that would make 54 to choose from with no doubles allowed. We should post nominations on here so everyone can see who has been nominated. After that you can compile a total list to post and we can send pm votes as you described. If we pm nominations, there will probably be a shit load of doubles. But I'm open to whatever. I've already been thinking about my nominees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back