*Official Tom Hardy Appreciation Thread*

Sir Galahad

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
My favorite actor Tom Hardy's career should be celebrated. He's shown amazing range and versatility in the roles he portrayed. Fellow Sherdoggie's feel free to start discussion on his roles and films. Thank you for stopping by.

CCi1WjtW4AAVciO.jpg

Gave a better performance than Leo in The Revenant. How he won best actor for grunting and moaning thru 80% of the movie still baffles me.

Loved him in Inception and Warrior. Has a lot of range. He should play Wolverine when they reboot that character

The way he voiced Bane made TDKR so much better

Tom-Hardys-return-to-Peaky-Blinders.jpg

He's got a crazy accent as Alfie in Peaky Blinders. I don't know if its an accurate one for a Jewish gangster in the late 1800s or not but he seems to steal scenes with is over the top acting. Part funny (accidental) and interesting.

He was great in Lawless.

I thought you meant Tom Sizemore. He's pretty dope too.

Tom-Sizemore-Heat-film-600x340.jpg

Wait he's a manlet?

Edit: Oh shit, I'm actually taller than him by an inch.

Guy is a top notch actor. Not much to criticize. He has come a long way from playing young Picard.

Gave a better performance than Leo in The Revenant. How he won best actor for grunting and moaning thru 80% of the movie still baffles me.

Keeping an audience compelled for 3 hours with no lines isn't all that easy.

Last edited:
He did the same thing in what's eating Gilbert grape. Still think Hardys acting was better.

I think a comparable performance was Stallone in First Blood, or Richard Harris in Man in the Wilderness (the same story). Motivated Stallone and Richard Harris are two excellent actors, and even a "good" actor will get boring as shit over a feature film with nothing to say and no dialogue to help him out.

I thought they were both very good. I might also give Hardy the edge; that was one of the best villains of the last number of years.

I think a comparable performance was Stallone in First Blood, or Richard Harris in Man in the Wilderness (the same story). Motivated Stallone and Richard Harris are two excellent actors, and even a "good" actor will get boring as shit over a feature film with nothing to say and no dialogue to help him out.

I thought they were both very good. I might also give Hardy the edge; that was one of the best villains of the last number of years.

I was making a joke....:( you must be a big Leo fan lol hes had better performances than the Revenant but at least he finally won.

I think the best villain for this year will be McAvoy in Split.

Tom-Hardys-return-to-Peaky-Blinders.jpg

He's got a crazy accent as Alfie in Peaky Blinders. I don't know if its an accurate one for a Jewish gangster in the late 1800s or not but he seems to steal scenes with is over the top acting. Part funny (accidental) and interesting.

He was great in Lawless.

Tried to watch the first episode and got bored. Does it pick up alot? Or is it a slow burning drama?

Back