~*Official Voting for S&P's Team Summer Competition*~

Status
Not open for further replies.
This just in, S&P senior moderator Lusst signed as campaign adviser to Squats.

New slogan, "vote Squats because Lusst said to, dammit" to be distributed to undecided voters via Easongram.

Lusst voted for deadlift...

Lusst pulls sumo. Not sure what he voted for. But this sure as hell discredits him just in case he voted for squat.

Lusst pulls sumo. Not sure what he voted for. But this sure as hell discredits him just in case he voted for squat.

He said he needs to work on his conventional deadlift. Should show some pretty damn good gains in conventional after pulling sumo for so long.. this will be interesting.

Deadlift FTW

Deadlifts are easy to judge. Plus performing the lift is very simple. We should decide on what gear/aids are allowed. I vote for chalk and belt.

MAybe beltless so the big pullers can set some beltless PRs.

Well I think for any lift you should be able to use wrist wraps, belt, chalk, and/or knee wraps. No straps though obviously or DL suits or briefs, etc.

Well I think for any lift you should be able to use wrist wraps, belt, chalk, and/or knee wraps. No straps though obviously or DL suits or briefs, etc.

agreed... at least able to use belt/chalk/wrist wraps

The suggestions previously were much more complicated. Also, it isn't about dividing weight classes. It is about making sure each person on each team is similar in weight. If there is a team with 4 150 lb people and a team with 4 200 lb people, the 150 lb people are nearly guaranteed to win. As you said, being light is an unfair advantage.

We're on the same page about advantages and such. I realize it is about the improvement. That is why I mentioned it. To be honest, I just can't see a seasoned veteran making equal gains in weight over me in just about any lift. I've only been lifting about a year or so, and have tons of easy gains still to make. Most people here my weight are even weaker, which means they have even more potential..

I agree. The thing is, though, that if the team leaders are that concerned with winning, they should pick lighter, more inexperienced lifters. It's really up to them.

*looks at title*

Ya, that kinda makes sense

captainobviouslb4.jpg

I missed the initial thread for this - is this a team thing then?

So what, we form a team, and try to improve one lift by as much as possible? If so I know who my second team member is if this goes to squats.

I missed the initial thread for this - is this a team thing then?

So what, we form a team, and try to improve one lift by as much as possible? If so I know who my second team member is if this goes to squats.

I believe "captains" will be selected and a draft will be had in a few days. Sort of a street football game that goes all summer :D

there is usually a reason why they only weigh 150 and can only squat 225. They don't have the same dedication to eat and lift as the guy who weighs 200 and squats 400.

:icon_cry2 [Says the guy who weighs 200 and squats 225]

Squats fire flak as campaign manager, tell reporters "that television commercial was done without my knowledge or approval, and it did not represent my feelings about Deadlifts, which are a strong exercise that have served S&P honorably for many years. flak and I part company as friends, and I wish him success at his new job, as an Internet guitar snob."
You forgot the most important part, including the disguised affirmation of the negative commercial in the apology. Like this:

"that television commercial was done without my knowledge or approval, and it did not represent my feelings about Deadlifts, which are a strong exercise that have served S&P honorably for many years. Those that have not experienced lifelong debilitating injuries have made great increases in strength with this phenomenal exercise."

He said he needs to work on his conventional deadlift. Should show some pretty damn good gains in conventional after pulling sumo for so long.. this will be interesting.
Probably pretty easy to add a couple hundred pounds to your conventional DL when you pull 600 sumo.

If somebody has different goals and devotes a large portion of their training to conditioning or training for a martial art and does not prioritize eating a caloric surplus, then they do not have the same dedication to lifting and eating as a guy who is focused on those things.

This is a strength AND power section on a Mixed Martial Arts Forum. Lifting heavy is not the only purpose of this forum at all. It has nothing to do with dedication.

I would enjoy seeing a non-generic lift such as OHP's or Pullups or anything besides the big 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back