Official War Room Awards 2018

You don't have him on ignore so i guess all is well!

It's actually worse, he can see my posts and chooses to ignore them. I knew the guy for years and then one day he just turns his back on me and essentially says "beat it kid"

This is a personal flaw that I sincerely recommend working on. You can't possibly read everything worthwhile there is to read, and if you're trying to, you probably shouldn't waste any time here at all.
If I'm paying in a particular thread I do try to read the posts. Do I miss some from time to time? Of course. I still try to read them

It's actually worse, he can see my posts and chooses to ignore them. I knew the guy for years and then one day he just turns his back on me and essentially says "beat it kid"
I feel your pain

just to troll the world I use the term TheRealRockstarChris whenever i sign up for stuff.

Indeed most attacks on Hillary are unfounded, but you go an extra-mile to defend her to a point where one would think she is perfect.

Ill give you a test.

Can you name 3 big mistakes of Hillary's career? as in things that were primarily her fault.

First part is ridiculously false. She wasn't even my first choice in the primary, and I have expressed many disagreements and criticisms here.

I don't recognize your standing to administer any test to me, but maybe I'll play. What sort of mistakes are you asking about? Political missteps, bad policy positions, moral lapses? Clarify this for me.

If I'm paying in a particular thread I do try to read the posts. Do I miss some from time to time? Of course. I still try to read them

Unless it's a new thread, I tend to skim and slow down for posters who have a history of good stuff. I use the ignore list very freely to help the process. I think a whitelist would be better if that were an option.

@Jack V Savage

What do you think could be why Hillary has so many CT's about her? I'm genuinely curious and I'll share my thoughts on the matter.

A: The easiest option, she's on the left and because of that the right hates her naturally.
B. She is powerful, and her husband is also powerful. Within this realm, people can easily attribute 'secret clubs' to them etc. George Soros suffers from this one too. With money and political connections comes CT's.

@Jack V Savage

What do you think could be why Hillary has so many CT's about her? I'm genuinely curious and I'll share my thoughts on the matter.

A: The easiest option, she's on the left and because of that the right hates her naturally.
B. She is powerful, and her husband is also powerful. Within this realm, people can easily attribute 'secret clubs' to them etc. George Soros suffers from this one too. With money and political connections comes CT's.

And she's been around a long time. She was seen as the force pulling Bill to the left and was ahead of her time so that was a factor. She comes off as personally cold so people are more willing to believe some things. Bad media relations and a high desire for privacy is another thing.

And she's been around a long time. She was seen as the force pulling Bill to the left and was ahead of her time so that was a factor. She comes off as personally cold so people are more willing to believe some things. Bad media relations and a high desire for privacy is another thing.

Hillary wishes she was as powerful as those dorks think she is.

Still though, with her it's like she's this reptile in a skin suit, involved with 'pizza gate' etc...

Her CT's are insane. Too be fair, I've hear people say Queen Elizabeth is a reptile too. It seems to me women are more prone to this attack approach, possibly because of what you said about being cold. I think many men can be misogynistic when a woman isn't seen as warm and bubbly and open. Hence the Reptile comments.

First part is ridiculously false. She wasn't even my first choice in the primary, and I have expressed many disagreements and criticisms here.

I don't recognize your standing to administer any test to me, but maybe I'll play. What sort of mistakes are you asking about? Political missteps, bad policy positions, moral lapses? Clarify this for me.

For example.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/28/us/politics/hillary-clinton-libya.html

I recall you defending her actions as SoS or her vote on the Iraq war.

And as i said to @Rational Poster these opinions are my own biased perceptions, not some sort of neutral analysis of your posting patterns.

It could very well be that you are simply too active in responding to trolls when it comes to Hillary, i recall an instance in which you corrected me when i had a wrong view of Pelosi.

Shoutout to @MikeMcMann for being maybe the most improved poster this year. Your thinking and your posts seem to have become a lot sounder over the year, somehow. I guess you get a lot of practice in here.

And credit to I believe @Trotsky (?) for noticing before I did.

Still though, with her it's like she's this reptile in a skin suit, involved with 'pizza gate' etc...

Her CT's are insane. Too be fair, I've hear people say Queen Elizabeth is a reptile too. It seems to me women are more prone to this attack approach, possibly because of what you said about being cold. I think many men can be misogynistic when a woman isn't seen as warm and bubbly and open. Hence the Reptile comments.

Also, she appears to be an introvert (that kind of ties everything I said earlier together). I think Romney is, too, and that got him some unfair criticism (there was a lot of fair criticism, too, of course).

For example.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/28/us/politics/hillary-clinton-libya.html

I recall you defending her actions as SoS or her vote on the Iraq war.

And as i said to @Rational Poster these opinions are my own biased perceptions, not some sort of neutral analysis of your posting patterns.

It could very well be that you are simply too active in responding to trolls when it comes to Hillary, i recall an instance in which you corrected me when i had a wrong view of Pelosi.

Really, I rarely comment on foreign policy and don't feel that I'm particularly knowledgeable about it. I don't recall posting much about Clinton's time as SoS. I think I (rightly) gave her some credit for getting Iran to the table. IMO, the Iraq authorization vote was A) not good but B) misrepresented by critics. It was basically to trust the administration to the right thing, and the failure there was almost entirely on the administration for not doing the right thing. But I've had a lot of criticism of her economic policy (didn't agree with her rationale to oppose the TPP, didn't agree with her commitment not to raise taxes on income under $250K, strongly disagreed with her MW increase support, etc.), while still recognizing that overall, she was marginally better than Bernie there and much better than Trump.

I feel like that guy arguing on behalf of asbestos in baby powder needs a nomination of some sort

And I totally endorse @NoDak on this. Neoliberal globalism has basically given a free pass to some of the real damaging things China is doing. Nodak makes a pretty convincing case on the importance of IP related industries, like semi conductors, and the threat from China here. We seem to be asleep at the wheel because China has fit an important role in the evolution of global trade. Their rise has also been great for world statistics in things like poverty reduction and income growth that has resulted from globalization (India as well of course). The rub is that a ruthless and authoritarian regime is managing to preserve legitimacy through not just nationalist flag waving (Putin) but actual competent administration that has at least limited the normally boundless corruption that typically accompanies authoritarian regimes. The downside is that they are wielding this behemoth in some pretty unsavory directions. The trade wars are a side show IMO, and will result in self inflicted wounds (although Nodak has made good points that China will bear the brunt).

It's pretty astonishing, but the whole damn thing virtually boils down to semiconductor supremacy. The wielding of FDI restrictions and export controls in the conflict with China are entirely to do with them. They are the holy grail of essentially all modern technology and the world as we know it simply wouldn't exist without them. The overall economic impact is obviously, by orders of magnitude, greater than the size of the industry itself in terms of global sales, which was around $465 billion this year.

Not to mention the United States invented the transistor and integrated circuit to literally spawn the industry itself, so I think there's probably some entitlement that comes with the investment and desire to remain on the cutting edge of design and fabrication with the moves to protect such a critical domestic industry.

The parts about the jobs? well, that remains true manufacturing jobs are still a long way from the 80s peak of nearly 20 millions, and as a percentage of the workforce is even lower.

The thing about manufacturing output, well they will still deny since the people who used to fill said vacancies will still be unemployed.

The issue with Trumps message is that even if jobs come back, they dont come back in the same form.

When people say factory worker they think of

blue-collar_1452768045.jpg

Instead of

Intel-Bunnysuits-fab.jpg

D1.png

D2.png

D3.png

D4.png