Official Women's Division Discussion #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one goes out to all the horndogs on the 'dog, Ye-Ji Lee's entrance:

Ye Ji Lee vs. Tomo Maesawa

Yu Ri Shim vs Hyeon Ju Baek

Andy Nguyen vs Melissa Karagianis

For 18 years old, Ye Ji Lee seems to have a good head on her shoulders. This is a facebook post translated from google:

https://scontent.:eek::eek::eek:c1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20770117_1259101640883034_6223304675420623682_n.jpg?oh=8cc8b33438d41fb0d1ec7bc56e7f8368&oe=5A394E57
Hello, this is a high school girl fighter.
Thank you very much for your fans.
I hope you all had a lot of expectations.
I want to win because I have 4 wins in Wonju and I want to win because I am so desperate ... I do not think it was because of the small injuries ...
I looked back at me after the game today.
I feel that there are still a lot of deficiencies and there are many things that need to be supplemented.
I'm not too into the results of this game, but rather I need to make up for it.
I will work harder.
Today, Mae Sawa and Tomo players had a lot of work.
You have become a strong opponent. congratulations!
I always learn a lot of opponents every time I play.
Next time we meet again in the cage.
I will be working hard until then.

Last edited:
I'm going to this tonight. Can't wait. I so ver appy.

It was a solid event. Both women put in a hard five rounds and acquitted themselves well. Andy Nguyen scored early with hard leg kicks and a variety of takedowns and submission attempts, but Melissa Karagianis took over the fight in all phases in rounds 3,4 & 5 and cruised to a clear cut unanimous decision to take the title. Andrea Lee was cornering Andy. The rest of the card had a lot of local interest as the Western New York MMA crew scored a handful of dominant wins including the main and co-main events. One poor guy from Ben Rothwell's gym in Wisconsin got his forearm snapped in two blocking a body kick.

Last edited:
It was a solid event. Both women put in a hard five rounds and acquitted themselves well. Andy Nguyen scored early with hard leg kicks and a variety of takedowns and submission attempts, but Melissa Karagianis took over the fight in all phases in rounds 3,4 & 5 and cruised to a clear cut unanimous decision to take the title. Andrea Lee was cornering Andy. The rest of the card had a lot of local interest as the Western New York MMA crew scored a handful of dominant wins including the main and co-main events. One poor guy from Ben Rothwell's gym in Wisconsin got his forearm snapped in two blocking a body kick.

Thanks for the write-up.

Instead of laughing, debate it.
She's unbeaten, looked great in all of her fights
The only reason she's not on TUF is because she doesn't want to be away from her son for all that time

The only thing that isn't a fact about what I said is that she'll be at the top of the female p4p, which is entirely speculation. You don't know, I don't know. All we can do is speculate.

Val and Joanna piece her up.

Any reason why the UFC couldn't put Kuma on the Polish card against someone like Pudilova?

PS I see Mikaela Mayer got a purse of $2k for her pro boxing debut on the Lomachenko card, ok maybe that's not the full story, but really.

Any reason why the UFC couldn't put Kuma on the Polish card against someone like Pudilova?

PS I see Mikaela Mayer got a purse of $2k for her pro boxing debut on the Lomachenko card, ok maybe that's not the full story, but really.
I'd imagine it'd need to be after the TUF 26 finale as I doubt she'd change weight class for early access to the UFC and I doubt they'll start making Flyweight matchups before the finale.

I'd imagine it'd need to be after the TUF 26 finale as I doubt she'd change weight class for early access to the UFC and I doubt they'll start making Flyweight matchups before the finale

They will build up some american champion first, it looks like. BW, SW divisions started with champions from USA. Kuma need more fights vs quality figthers, like her 2 last fights for example.
Rest of her resume is really crap. She will fight veterans in this division.

I'd imagine it'd need to be after the TUF 26 finale as I doubt she'd change weight class for early access to the UFC and I doubt they'll start making Flyweight matchups before the finale.

No, they already have .... VanZant v Eye is at flyweight, plus Pudilova also wants to fight at flyweight. At strawweight non tuf fighters got brought in before tuf 20 champ crowned - Gadelha, Lahdemaki, Joanna, Lima, Ansaroff, VanZant, Curran

Last edited:
No, they already have .... VanZant v Eye is at flyweight, plus Pudilova also wants to fight at flyweight

Oh that's at flyweight? I just thought Eye had dropped to Strawweight. Fair enough then. Bring on Kuma!

Oh that's at flyweight? I just thought Eye had dropped to Strawweight. Fair enough then. Bring on Kuma!
She has started to promote the card. I have no idea if she is signed or not but I don't see why she would promote the card if she is not even in the UFC.

Ah, her friend is making his UFC debut on that card, think that's why she's promoting it.

So there's no classy way to say this, but kailin curren got some titty pics out on the interwebs just released.

A picture of the TUF26 girls from last night. This is pure speculation but I notice there are only 12 of the 16 girls here. We are also nearing the end of their time on the show. That leaves 4 left that would need to fight to find out who fights for the championship during the finale. If those 4 had fights soon they would probably avoid going out to focus on their upcoming important fight. Could this be a clue into who are the final 4 fighters? This could all be wrong but it seem interesting to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back