Official Women's Division Discussion #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Catching up on amateur results I also found BJJ Black belt and ADCC champ Luanna Alzugir made her MMA debut against 6-2 amateur Brittney Cloudy. Won by rear naked choke. Video below.

I don't remember if this one was posted or not. I saw it a little while ago.

Priscila Cachoeira vs Rosy Duarte (Bantamweight, Cachoeira is off to the UFC at Flyweight)

Valérie Domergue (4-3) vs Clara Ricignuolo (2-1) (Bantamweight as you can see)

Cooked or not? Looked cooked to me. I had it 29-28 for Ricignuolo. I admit it was late and was distracted midway thru the second round so I might have missed something.

(Below are all Flyweight Fights,)

A little article on Eva Dourthe (2-0) and her thoughts on MMA in France. (Translated - I hope)

https://translate.google.com/transl.../mma-a-la-rencontre-deva-dourthe/&prev=search

Older fight from earlier this year with Dourthe.

Nicole Szepesvary (5'9) (2-0) vs Leigha Aurisch (0-2) from the other XFC31 women's fights on that card.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRC5mwcQ-HU

A bit of a size mismatch in this last one. Szepesvary also has a nice head kick KO in another fight.
--
I've seen some recent ammy fights but not those above. Good stuff.

Last edited:
I dunno how reliable this is but this blog says Weili Zhang is fighting on the UFC Shanghai card against an opponent that is yet to be announced: http://omasuki.blog122.fc2.com/blog-entry-34.html

Again, probably someone that picked up on the rumour? I would like to see it come true but doesn't she already have a fight coming up?

ETA: Nevermind, she already had that fight. I would so be down for Zhang vs. Souza.

Last edited:
Also, I had a look at the 135 rankings and well, things are kind of a mess:

CHAMPION: Amanda Nunes
01. Valentina Shevchenko (Likely moving to 125)
02. Holly Holm (Likely fighting Cyborg)
03. Julianna Pena (Inactive)

04. Raquel Pennington
05. Ronda Rousey (Inactive)
06. Cat Zingano
07. Sara McMann
08. Ketlen Vieira
09. Germaine de Randamie
10. Alexis Davis (Moving to 125)
11. Liz Carmouche (Moving to 125)

12. Marion Reneau
13. Katlyn Chookagian (Likely moving to 125)
14. Bethe Correia
15. Leslie Smith

Shevchenko and Chookagian are most likely moving to 125. Pena is out because she's pregnant. Rousey for some reason is still ranked and it's likely Holm's next fight is Cyborg. Bantamweight is gonna be empty when the moves to 125 happen. I would not be surprised if Pena is back in the title mix once she comes back because the 135 pool is shallow at the moment. Here's what the rankings would look like if Rousey is taken out alongside the ones who are moving down:

CHAMPION: Amanda Nunes
01. Holly Holm
02. Julianna Pena
03. Raquel Pennington
04. Cat Zingano
05. Sara McMann
06. Ketlen Vieira
07. Germaine de Randamie
08. Marion Reneau
09. Bethe Correia
10. Leslie Smith
11. Sarah Moras
12. Irene Aldana
13. Aspen Ladd
14. Lina Lansberg
15. Amanda Lemos

Used http://rankingmma.com/ufc-rankings/womens-bantamweight/ to fill in the rankings after Smith. So, a win over Correia apparently gives you the top spot in rankings, someone book Leslie vs. Bethe then please and thank you. It's clear that the next challenger is Pennington, but the UFC will likely give her a fight before that title fight since Nunes is out for a bit and I'm expecting her to face Vieira who is coming off a win over McMann. Hopefully Zingano comes back soon because I'd love to see her back in the mix.

Pennington almost ready to come back yet? Seems like she's been out since WEC still existed....

It looks like Amanda Serrano has been training for her MMA debut for 2 years. She will debut in 2018. That is good to hear. She also tweeted a pretty good interview on why she decided to make the switch.

Pennington almost ready to come back yet? Seems like she's been out since WEC still existed....
She said she's been talking with the UFC about her comeback. Said a title fight is "in the talks" but I'm thinking the most likely fight is Vieira and then the winner of that goes on to fight Nunes. If anything, Rocky should win and then fight Nunes but Vieira is underrated and she kinda proved that against McMann, pretty much vaulting herself into the mix as a potential title contender. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Vieira pulls a KK vs. Rose scenario and beats Rocky somehow.

Some fights of Petra Castkova. Fairly fun fighter (3-1) out of the Czech Republic.

Missing her second fight at the moment vs Anna Mikrut.

Two of Norma Dumont's (3-0) most recent fights out of Brazil. (I'd like to see Dumont fight a better opponent next time out.

Alsooo... Amber Leibrock finally set to make her Bellator debut against Alexis Dufresne at Bellator 189. Can't wait for this! Hoping they re-schedule Nogueira vs. Holloway too.

I posted this link on a Mousasi thread for fun but no-one got the point. Anyway I don't know if I'm reading it right but at line 40 of the cable views there's a breakdown of the demographics for Bellator 185. Correct me if i'm wrong but the 12? to 34 age range appears to be showing a much larger % of the female audience watching the show than males. Is this usual? If its not an error then it shows that young female demo that tuned in for Ronda is still out there.

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articl...able-originals-network-finals-10-20-2017.html

It looks like Amanda Serrano has been training for her MMA debut for 2 years. She will debut in 2018. That is good to hear. She also tweeted a pretty good interview on why she decided to make the switch.

She has been training with Miesha off and on for the past year.

Kerri Kenneson (2-0 pro) is the latest to sign with Invicta.

Probably time for a new thread ( it is still supposed to be a 1k post limit, right?)

A guess many people have seen this one but it is free at the moment and posted for those who haven't seen it.

--
Adamadeferro reports Bianca Daimoni (7-2) has been picked up by Invicta FC.

While Livia Renata Souza leaves (Invicta) FC to sign with the UFC, Bianca Daimoni announced this week that she signed a three-year contract and in this period she should participate in six fights in the biggest event of female fights in the world by category weight rooster.
Bibi arrives at the Invicta of 31 years and a cartel of seven wins and two losses. The Imbitubense participated in the last August of the Katana Fight in Curitiba, in Paraná, when he defeated Ilana Joanne.

The athlete in Santa Catarina signed a contract in Curitiba in the category weight-rooster (up to 61 kilos). "Now that I have a signed contract, I have to wait for the premiere. Meanwhile, I can fight jiu-jitsu and Muay Thai. MMA only on the Invicta, "explains Bibi.

http://adamadeferro.com/bianca-daimoni-assina-com-o-invicta-fc/

DBf8ipwXoAAUhRd.jpg

--
New thread is fine by me.

Last edited:
She said she's been talking with the UFC about her comeback. Said a title fight is "in the talks" but I'm thinking the most likely fight is Vieira and then the winner of that goes on to fight Nunes. If anything, Rocky should win and then fight Nunes but Vieira is underrated and she kinda proved that against McMann, pretty much vaulting herself into the mix as a potential title contender. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Vieira pulls a KK vs. Rose scenario and beats Rocky somehow.
pennington has a unique talent for losing fights she was winning in at first, viera could well win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back