Official Women's Division Discussion #25

LOL. Glad you have a sense of humor about it all. Sometimes I read stuff here and am like holy crap people are sounding really pissed off like they take it all personally.

I am old. I barely have the energy left to take personal shit personally. Hell, if I was not reminded daily, I would probably not even bother to wear pants.

:)

Oh, she "hurt her hand?" Maybe she's just running, like she accused Grasso of doing. :D

:) Reminds me of a joke from Mel Brooks. 'Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open manhole and die.'

All the fights from that amateur tournie to book an Invicta spot are up on YouTube. Not sure how the judges saw Hracho losing this one though.

Can't remember if I posted something about this before

Suzuki has had a few kickboxing fights, but is making her MMA debut. Song is 2-5 and recently returned to the sport after a several year hiatus (I think she had a kid). It's a hottie vs hottie fight,

WMMA rankings has posted that they are looking for new writers. I think there are a few here that could be pretty good for them. Maybe steer them away from being so much of a gossip site and source of crap for CSH Boxing to make videos off of.

I'm thinking of applying, maybe it could help my YT channel.

Go for it. IF you're that interested/ committed, understand how to break down fights, and have writing flair, which can be worked on even if you don't, I imagine you'll have a good chance.

Excited for the fights this Saturday February 24. Are they all still on?

What's your thoughts about what each fighter needs to do to win?

Andrade vs. Torres

McMann vs. Renau

Moroz vs. Hill

Torres - stick and move
Andrade - make it a war and make sure not to gas until the third

McMann - use your wrestling
Reneau - Keep it standing - no leg kicks. Either keep distance or clinch

Hill - Use her kickboxing and combos
Moroz - get it to the ground

Bantamweight Brittney Victoria's pro debut vs Bryanna Fissori.

-------------------------------------------

Fights from FNG earlier. Strap yourself in for some weird ass grappling exchanges if you're watching the Marina/Liana fight. 2010 M-1 grappling in full effect.

3-0 atomweight Alesha Zappitella's last fight if you have fight pass. She's pretty much 100% top control grappling if you're not into that, but she's promising for sure.

https://www.ufc.tv/video/alesha-zappiletta-vs-kyna-sisson-wxc-71-night-of-champions-x

Fights from FNG earlier. Strap yourself in for some weird ass grappling exchanges if you're watching the Marina/Liana fight. 2010 M-1 grappling in full effect.

3-0 atomweight Alesha Zappitella's last fight if you have fight pass. She's pretty much 100% top control grappling if you're not into that, but she's promising for sure.

https://www.ufc.tv/video/alesha-zappiletta-vs-kyna-sisson-wxc-71-night-of-champions-x

Atomweight? I'll watch for sure, for my upcoming project.

Excited for the fights this Saturday February 24. Are they all still on?

What's your thoughts about what each fighter needs to do to win?

Andrade vs. Torres

McMann vs. Renau

Moroz vs. Hill

I'd be surprised if Tecia has anything for Andrade, but then in mma I'm often surprised.

Whatever the records say Reneau is 6-1 in the UFC. McCann needs to realize that wanting to hurt people doesn't make you a bad person ..... er maybe not?

Back when Moroz was one fight away from a title shot who would have given Hill a chance? Nowadays Maryna is in danger of being Deannabennetted and Hill gets to run the UFC Twitter feed for a night. Moroz needs to realise that winning isn't enough.

Is it too early to say invicta should sign brittney Victoria for the featherweight division? LOL

Is it too early to say invicta should sign brittney Victoria for the featherweight division? LOL

I think the only requirements to be a featherweight are to weigh 146 or less and have fight gear. Three or four cardio-kickboxing classes are recommended, but not essential.

Coming off 17 injuries to fight a murderer in Brazil.

Yikes. Good luck Rocky.

The last 3 Invicta cards have featured 10 girls making their pro debut, this Brittany lass is a veteran at 1-0

So I just saw a clip of Yana Kunitskaya's training that someone else posted.
Dear god, someone needs to club the Jackson-Wink coaches in the head until they start teaching fundamentals. Nearly all the punches are arm punches, she doesn't pivot or turn over her hip on her kicks, the kicks are going wide and she's essentially lifting her leg into the kick. This is not going to end well, Cyborg's gonna walk right through those strikes like nothing and kill her dead.

MMA striking coaches are garbage. Why gyms hire them is beyond comprehension. They might as well toss out all their wrestling coaches and replace them with so-called masters of takedowns.

Strap yourself in for some weird ass grappling exchanges if you're watching the Marina/Liana fight. 2010 M-1 grappling in full effect

Between the two of them going into this title fight they had a combined 9 wins with 8 of them being by submission. I know you said 2010 M-1 grappling, but that... that was not what I expected.

Back