Official Women's Division Discussion #25

Jessy Jess and Jo Jo Calderwood are training together according to the text.

I Called Rachael vs a friend from TUF due to her vague social media posts.

Oh flyweights, Helwani also suggesting Nicco v Shevchenko may be booked for Calgary Fox card end of July. Nicco beat three of the above to get her belt btw folk should show her some respect.

Last edited:
Oh flyweights, Helwani also suggesting Nicco v Shevchenko may be booked for Calgary Fox card end of July. Nicco beat three of the above to get her belt btw folk should show her some respect.

When the sum total of their "knowledge" is fight finder, most "fans" will have trouble with that.

Really looking forward to Shevchenko vs. Nicco. I like both fighters, obviously favor Val, but do not expect her to just run through Nicco like the clown show that is the main section of the board suggests. Nicco is strong, tough, a good athlete and has beaten top competition.

I just wish they would throw someone easier at Barb for a warm up. I'm afraid she will lose this and get cut.

I just wish they would throw someone easier at Barb for a warm up. I'm afraid she will lose this and get cut.
I'm more afraid of she losing and retiring than being cut. Back in the Zuffa era 0-2 or 1-3 would be super alarming, but not anymore, look to Curran's, Burkman's and many other skids. If you aren't really boring like that LHW Barroso guy or LW Adriano Martins, you'll get every chance you need.. i think Ariel Beck, Marks and the georgian girl only got axed because they really suck, win or lose Honchak still got it.

If Mazo gets a third highlight reel ko this weekend then I'm going to consider dismantling my Joanna shrine and jumping aboard the train.

Shame on her.. i was rooting for Ladd, not anymore.

Didn't look it up for myself, but saw someone post that the last 10 fighters who missed weight in the UFC went 9-1. Not really in favor of more monetary punishments on already struggling fighters, but 20% purse deduction doesn't seem like enough; they need to figure something else out. Offending fighter starts with a point deduction? Idk.

No idea who to pick in this fight. Seems like it kind of depends on if Ladd decides to lose a kickboxing match or not.

On the bright side, as we know Ladd has been training with KGB Lee, she obviously has not taken Lee's example with things that just make you pee a lot. :)

What's this, like the second or third time? I thought she put all this behind her.

She came in at 138.1 lbs at Invicta FC 18 in 2016. Fined 25% of the purse.
~
~

Jessica Eye speculated that a bad weight cut by Aspen is what killed their fight from happening...

UFC's Jessica Eye feels bad weight cut doomed fight with Aspen Ladd
Cleveland-based UFC fighter Jessica Eye feels a bad weight cut doomed her comeback fight against Aspen Ladd.

http://www.wkyc.com/article/sports/...ht-cut-doomed-fight-with-aspen-ladd/455540917

Last edited:
By my reckoning Ladd is the 15th woman to miss weight in the UFC, Dufresne missed twice. One or two you can excuse because they were late replacements. The record of the fatties is 6 wins 9 losses.

I'd be against docking them a point in the actual fight but they should certainly sacrifice half, maybe all their win bonus to the opponent on top of the percentage of the purse they currently lose.

Aspen, judging by her body composition, just needs to keep her fucking diet under control.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back