Official Women's Division Discussion #25

Obviously want to see that fight, but good for Smith if they don't want to take it. Not like she's in danger of falling out of good graces with the UFC. Her last two fights were two of the best in divisional history, and here she is fighting another dangerous prospect on the early prelims; she doesn't owe the promotion any favors.

Aspen, judging by her body composition, just needs to keep her fucking diet under control.
Agreed. You know I always bring up body composition and fighters relying too much on dehydration to make weight because they want to be as big as possible in the cage.

Edit: Aspen is blaming it on "female circumstances". This is exactly why women should drop their body fat lower so they don't have to lose as much water. Diet, folks. Not severe dehydration.

Last edited:
Agreed. You know I always bring up body composition and fighters relying too much on dehydration to make weight because they want to be as big as possible in the cage.

Edit: Aspen is blaming it on "female circumstances". This is exactly why women should drop their body fat lower so they don't have to lose as much water. Diet, folks. Not severe dehydration.

Yep. She lets her out of camp weight get too high.

Didn't look it up for myself, but saw someone post that the last 10 fighters who missed weight in the UFC went 9-1. Not really in favor of more monetary punishments on already struggling fighters, but 20% purse deduction doesn't seem like enough; they need to figure something else out. Offending fighter starts with a point deduction? Idk.

One free foul per pound over per round. So if a fighter misses weight by 2 lbs, the opponent gets up to 6 free fouls in the fight. Free as in the ref just lets it go, so you could potentially Pride rules an opponent and win by soccer kicks to the head. Or just Jon Jones them, hit'em low, then finish the fight.

I can say I respect Leslie Smith's decision to not fight
Aspen Ladd since I've seen fighters burned by overweight
opponents on more then one occasion.

Well, there goes my fight of the year.

Fuck this shit, I'm sleeping til Sunday.

Crud. :(

I know I really should not hold this against Smith, as she's pretty much always delivering entertainment and is as much a "warrior" as anyone.

I still will hold this against Smith :(

Why wouldn't they resign her? She's on a win streak,4-3 in the UFC, 2 of those wins are finishes. She's always reliable for a good fight
Edit
Wait, she wanted 100k with no win bonus for her new contract. That's why she wasn't resigned

Why wouldn't they resign her? She's on a win streak,4-3 in the UFC, 2 of those wins are finishes. She's always reliable for a good fight

She's just not worth the headaches compared to the viewers they think she'd bring... with the union talk and all that shit, they're taking advantage of her not taking the fight and letting someone else deal with her.

Invicta just got more fun at least....

She pissed off the meaningful folks at the HQ by not taking the Ladd fight, one assumes. And being a unioncommie probably did not help one bit.

And now I feel like a bastard for just posting I hold the decision against her, it obviously came back to haunt her faster and harsher than anyone(?) expected...

She pissed off the meaningful folks at the HQ by not taking the Ladd fight, one assumes. And being a unioncommie probably did not help one bit.

And now I feel like a bastard for just posting I hold the decision against her, it obviously came back to haunt her faster and harsher than anyone(?) expected...

She had to know she'd be on a short leash already.... for her to not take the fight seems odd. She had to know there'd be a chance she wouldn't be back.

Especially over 2 lbs..... That's just nuts. All the fighters that accept opponent changes the day before a fight and she bails over 2 lbs? Weird.

Apparently, the UFC doesn't want a women's 135 division, and if they keep this shit up they won't have one in a year or 2.
Seriously, several 135ers will likely be retired within a couple years and who knows if Pena will come back after her baby.
Look at the top 10, at least half of them will likely be gone in the next 2-3 years. Let that sink in.

Edit
Wait, she wanted 100k with no win bonus for her new contract. That's why she wasn't resigned

Well Leslie's saying they refused to resign her under an extension of the current contract.

Crud. :(

I know I really should not hold this against Smith, as she's pretty much always delivering entertainment and is as much a "warrior" as anyone.

I still will hold this against Smith :(

Why? Hold it against Fatspen Ladd for missing weight for the second time SINCE MOVING UP IN WEIGHT.

And it looks like Val is waiting for Nicco.
Nicco should wait to see if Maia wins, then call her out. The reasoning is easy to explain: Maia is still number one in most rankings, and she and her opponent were bragging about Maia's last defense (the night after the TUF finale, no less) was to show who was truly number one in the world.

Let the entitled Salt miners stew for a bit while Saltchenko actually gets a top ten win in the division.

Did she really ask for 100k a fight with no win bonus? I agree she can have some exciting fights but I thought her getting 62k was a good contract. If she wanted 100k no win bonus I would not have resigned her either.

Why? Hold it against Fatspen Ladd for missing weight for the second time SINCE MOVING UP IN WEIGHT.

Nicco should wait to see if Maia wins, then call her out. The reasoning is easy to explain: Maia is still number one in most rankings, and she and her opponent were bragging about Maia's last defense (the night after the TUF finale, no less) was to show who was truly number one in the world.

Let the entitled Salt miners stew for a bit while Saltchenko actually gets a top ten win in the division.

Well, she has top ten wins against larger women in a heavier division.

Back