Official Women's Division Discussion #25

Yeah, I wonder how the Shev sisters might handle being ranked one and two. Wonder if anyone's asked them if they'd fight each other. I kind of doubt it but stranger things have happened in the whacky world of mma.

Antonina was on Helwani's show last week ...... she said she would never fight her sister although of course they've always sparred together.

I'm wondering at what weight. A saw a picture of her and Nunes recently and Amanda looked much bigger than her.
The only thing of Amanda that's bigger is her head. Why is she standing on her toes, anyway?

If I'm a betting man as long as Antonina Shevchenko wins
on the Contender Series UFC will sign her since Mick Maynard
& Sean Shelby will sign just about anyone that will fight for
next to no money.

If I'm a betting man as long as Antonina Shevchenko wins
on the Contender Series UFC will sign her since Mick Maynard
& Sean Shelby will sign just about anyone that will fight for
next to no money.
12/12k isn't "no money", specially to WMMA standards, almost no one is being paid like that in Invicta/Bellator

12/12k isn't "no money", specially to WMMA standards, almost no one is being paid like that in Invicta/Bellator
You are 100% correct on this. Funny thing is that those contender contracts are better than 90% of the other promotions also. How many other promotions are giving no name people 5k/5k contracts with no strings attached? None. Bellator still giving people 1k/1k deals and they have to sell tickets to make it on the show. It seems like people might not grasp just how bad the pay outside of the UFC is.

Since UFC pay is a popular topic right now I have some controversial thoughts on the topic. The UFC is paying the bottom tier well and underpaying their draws. This is why I laugh when no names talk about the Ali act. They need to check on how much the bottom tier gets in boxing. Remember when Bob arum was hyping up Mikaela Mayer as boxings Ronda Rousey? The last time I checked her fight purse was 2k flat. Ronda get 75k/75k in her UFC debut.

13 fighters on her card would have made more fighting for the min in the UFC than they did in Boxing. Everyone will look at Lomachenko's 750k and say that boxing pays better. If you are a name in the fight game then boxing is where its at. If you are not a name things get a bit more murky. How many 10-7 boxers you think is being paid 62k? I do think the fighters who are very good but not draws or champions are underpaid in the UFC. The tier of fighters who are the most underpaid in the UFC is the Conor/Ronda tier. They are the fighters who's drawing power determines if the UFC has a very good year or a very bad year and they should be paid accordingly.

You are 100% correct on this. Funny thing is that those contender contracts are better than 90% of the other promotions also. How many other promotions are giving no name people 5k/5k contracts with no strings attached? None. Bellator still giving people 1k/1k deals and they have to sell tickets to make it on the show. It seems like people might not grasp just how bad the pay outside of the UFC is.

Since UFC pay is a popular topic right now I have some controversial thoughts on the topic. The UFC is paying the bottom tier well and underpaying their draws. This is why I laugh when no names talk about the Ali act. They need to check on how much the bottom tier gets in boxing. Remember when Bob arum was hyping up Mikaela Mayer as boxings Ronda Rousey? The last time I checked her fight purse was 2k flat. Ronda get 75k/75k in her UFC debut.

13 fighters on her card would have made more fighting for the min in the UFC than they did in Boxing. Everyone will look at Lomachenko's 750k and say that boxing pays better. If you are a name in the fight game then boxing is where its at. If you are not a name things get a bit more murky. How many 10-7 boxers you think is being paid 62k? I do think the fighters who are very good but not draws or champions are underpaid in the UFC. The tier of fighters who are the most underpaid in the UFC is the Conor/Ronda tier. They are the fighters who's drawing power determines if the UFC has a very good year or a very bad year and they should be paid accordingly.

Absolutely, look at that Vences De Leon fight, two undefeated prospects ( aren't they all ) fighting for a belt ( of sorts) which they probably had to pay a fee to the WBC and WBO to contest and their combined purse is less than JJ Aldrich makes on a Fight Pass prelim.

My views about Smith have never been about pay or whether the union is a good or a bad idea btw, it's purely about why she was dumped - Project Spearhead, nothing else - and why not taking the fight was the only sensible option for her - why risk losing 31k when your card had been well and truly marked.

Antonina was on Helwani's show last week ...... she said she would never fight her sister although of course they've always sparred together.

Yeah, they have said this more than once, and this is a good thing. Both are very strategic and defensive fighters, and they have trained together for decades. Would be the most boring fight ever, as they know each other better than anyone ever could.

Looks like MMALOGIC has dropped some more info. To boil it down to what most of us WMMA care most about the final season of TUF will be for 105ers and it will crown a champion like they did for 125. Like he said previously they will be creating 105 due to the increase in fight cards due to the new TV deal.

It seems like the part of the previous leak where each channel got their own talent will be partly connected to The Contender season. Both channels will have 1 season a year and the fighters that grow from that will be featured on that channel. So for example Suga Sean O'Mally would mostly fight on ESPN since he came from that channels contender series etc. The roster will not be split but just if ESPN is promoting a fighter he will most likely fight on their channel. This is what I gather from what he says so some things might be off but its interesting to say the least. Obviously things are not finalized so they are subject to change until pens hit the paper.

Last edited:
Wasn't MMALOGIC's last theory proven as bunk?

Wasn't MMALOGIC's last theory proven as bunk?
No, most of what he said is still true except that he said NBC and it was actually Fox. Many people get caught up with that while ignoring that most of everything else he said is still true to this day. I treat him like Meltzer and PPV buys. Meltzer is never exactly correct but he gives good estimates.

To boil it down to what most of us WMMA care most about the final season of TUF will be for 105ers and it will crown a champion like they did for 125.

Hamasaki
Ashley Cummins
Amber Brown
Jinh Yu Frey
Waterson
Tiburcio

I'd watch the shit out of that...

Hamasaki
Ashley Cummins
Amber Brown
Jinh Yu Frey
Waterson
Tiburcio

I'd watch the shit out of that...
I don't think that Waterson would be able to make weight in the house. Also wouldn't bet on any foreigners. So we could end up with someone like Ashley Cummins as the ufc champ lol

Promo for Hamasaki's upcoming fight.

highlights :

- Of course, footage of her beating Seo Hee Ham.
- Second coming of Megumi Fujii.
- Hinting at eventual Hamasaki vs Rena/Asakura fights.
- Hamasaki saying she wouldn't underestimate Asakura, and that she wouldn't want to fight Rena, but will if it's asked of her.
- Asakura straight up saying she got blasted in the gym by Hamasaki and probably couldn't win if they fought now.

Kayla Harrison announced her MMA debut today, June 21st in Chicago for the PFL. No opposition announced yet, as two girls have already pulled out.

Interesting note, she apparently weighs 160 right now, plans on fighting at 145.

I don't think that Waterson would be able to make weight in the house. Also wouldn't bet on any foreigners. So we could end up with someone like Ashley Cummins as the ufc champ lol
Yep. The TUF House favors smaller fighters. Many of the larger (and often better) fighters don't even bother. It made more sense when less sorting had been done, but at this point we have a pretty good idea who the top WMMA fighters are.

I also find the reality show "forced drama" angle boring and stupid. Replace all that with training highlights:
6vC5VIf.gif

You mean Ashley Cummins who is ranked in just about every site's top ten, and as high as number five on the unified rankings?

Yeah, that'd be terrible :rolleyes:

I'm sorry if this question has already been answered but What's going on with Alexis Dufresne, I heard she got cut from Bellator and won't be fighting anymore?

I'm sorry if this question has already been answered but What's going on with Alexis Dufresne, I heard she got cut from Bellator and won't be fighting anymore?
Never makes weight. Promotions probably don't wanna touch her.

Also, Talita by submission

Back