Official Women's Division Discussion #25

This weekend's upcoming fights - most are in Europe of Brazil

https://wombatsports.wordpress.com/upcoming-fights/

Streaming/TV schedule

Friday
  • TopFC - Ji Yeon Seo vs. Si Yoon Park YouTube – 6:00am ET / 3:00am PT
  • Bellator - Anastasia Yankova vs. Kate Jackson Paramount Network 6 p.m. pst/9 p.m. est (tape delayed)
  • LFA - Hailey Cowan vs. Victoria Leonardo AXS TV – 9:00pm ET / 6:00pm PT
Saturday
  • Kunlun Fight MMA - Aygul Khabirova vs. Mei Huang iPPV (Fite.tv) – 4:00am ET / 1:00am PT
  • EFC - Amanda Lino vs. Rizlen Zouak & Bunmi Ojewole vs. Jaqauline Trosee Feddersen – EFCWorldwide.tv – 3:30pm ET / 12:30pm PT
Sunday
  • UFC - Gina Mazany vs. Lina Länsberg UFC Fight Pass – 9:30am ET / 6:30am PT; Molly McCann vs. Gillian Robertson – Fox Sports 1 - 11:00am ET / 8:00am PT

33424557_2247805195248121_2868087260853567488_n.jpg

Good signing for LFA. Vanessa is 1-0 as a pro but has looked great so far and was recently in Amanda Cooper's corner to imitate Mackenzie Dern's style for their recent UFC fight. She has an amateur win over Cheyanne Vlismas and her only loss to date was an amateur loss to UFC Flyweight Contender Katlyn Chookagian. She probably would have more pro wins by now, but she took a 4 year hiatus from the sport between 2013-2017.

33424557_2247805195248121_2868087260853567488_n.jpg

Good signing for LFA. Vanessa is 1-0 as a pro but has looked great so far and was recently in Amanda Cooper's corner to imitate Mackenzie Dern's style for their recent UFC fight. She has an amateur win over Cheyanne Vlismas and her only loss to date was an amateur loss to UFC Flyweight Contender Katlyn Chookagian. She probably would have more pro wins by now, but she took a 4 year hiatus from the sport between 2013-2017.
Cheyanne was cruising to a one-sided victory until I believe she dislocated an arm in the 3rd round. Crystal didn't do much of anything; jumped guard a few times and got violently slammed for each attempt and dropped twice by punches.

Katlyn Chookagian has an amateur win over Andrea Lee, wouldn't mind seeing that get run back.

Last edited:
Cheyanne was cruising to a one-sided victory until I believe she dislocated an arm in the 3rd round. Crystal didn't do much of anything; jumped guard a few times and got violently slammed for each attempt and dropped twice by punches.

Honestly I had never watched the fight so I didn't know that. Still wouldn't mind seeing them run it back as pros.

Bi Nguyen on the next season of Survivor:

Good for Bi.

I barely survived a minute of listening to the voice over dude.

Last edited:
This weekend's upcoming fights - most are in Europe of Brazil

https://wombatsports.wordpress.com/upcoming-fights/

Streaming/TV schedule

Friday
  • TopFC - Ji Yeon Seo vs. Si Yoon Park YouTube – 6:00am ET / 3:00am PT
  • Bellator - Anastasia Yankova vs. Kate Jackson Paramount Network 6 p.m. pst/9 p.m. est (tape delayed)
  • LFA - Hailey Cowan vs. Victoria Leonardo AXS TV – 9:00pm ET / 6:00pm PT
Saturday
  • Kunlun Fight MMA - Aygul Khabirova vs. Mei Huang iPPV (Fite.tv) – 4:00am ET / 1:00am PT
  • EFC - Amanda Lino vs. Rizlen Zouak & Bunmi Ojewole vs. Jaqauline Trosee Feddersen – EFCWorldwide.tv – 3:30pm ET / 12:30pm PT
Sunday
  • UFC - Gina Mazany vs. Lina Länsberg UFC Fight Pass – 9:30am ET / 6:30am PT; Molly McCann vs. Gillian Robertson – Fox Sports 1 - 11:00am ET / 8:00am PT

Anyone feel like sharing thoughts on on any of these fights? I don't know much about the fighters.

Here's a countdown to the Lino v Zouak fight, surprising content from a regional promotion. In the big shows I'm favouring Robertson and Kate Jackson.

Amanda Lino vs. Rizlen Zouak should be good. Lino is coming up from flyweight (where she's the champion) to take on Zouak for the inaugural bantamweight title. I'd say Lino has the edge on the feet but she'll struggle with Rizlen's size and will get taken down (Rizlen's a big bantamweight). I got Zouak winning via submission, probably in the early rounds. It'll be interesting to see how her cardio holds up if the fight goes into the championship rounds. The MMA Factory seem to have a good group of women coming out of their gym, IIRC they've got Iony Razafiarison too. Anyone know where Zarah trains?

Bunmi Ojewole vs. Jacqualine Trosee is pretty much the number one contenders bout. Both Ojewole and Trosee have lost to Zouak already. I think Ojewole will take Trosee down in the first round and get the submission, she's a much better ground worker than Jacqui is.

Hopefully they start to bring in more women because right now it's Lino (who's a flyweight), Power (who's also a flyweight but has been inactive for some time and has had weight problems), Zouak, Ojewole, Trosee and Katharyna Araujo (Angola, 0-1-0). I dunno what Clotilde Essiane (Cameroon, 3-0-0) is upto but she could be a good addition, as could Hassna Gaber (Morocco, 2-0-0) and perhaps Walaa Abas (Egypt, 2-6-0). Heck bring Zarah in too if she doesn't make it on to TUF.

There's also a South African 145'er in Elizabeth Manning (2-0-0 AM)
https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/fighters/151836-elizabeth-manning

Also I have Jackson, Mazany and McCann winning their bouts. I'm so, so excited to see Meatball tomorrow!!

Last edited:

Marciea Allen seems to still be in vegas. She must've made it far in the audition process.

Highlights from Top FC earlier; Ji Yeon Seo vs Si Yoon Park.
Whole fight is on that spotv youtube channel. Ji Yeon Seo seems like somebody to keep an eye on, still a teenager. Not a bad showing late from Park either, she really turned it up when the Ji Yeon got tired.

---------------------------------------------------

On the most Rizin "Rizin Confessions" episode , Rena says her ShootBoxing fight July 11th is MMA rules, and that she'll be re-matching Asakura July 29th if she wins.

Also some clip's from Murata's fight with Lanchana Green.

Last edited:

Marciea Allen seems to still be in vegas. She must've made it far in the audition process.

Zoila and Cindy was there for awhile also. Liz Phillips made it to the interview phase.

Hailey Cowan subbed. Not what LFA were hoping for. She has a bit of star quality about her.

Is Gillian Robertson gonna run through Molly McCann or is it just me?

Back