Official Women's Division Discussion #25

Well, for a purple belt this would indeed be a pretty poor showing.

I do think tho that people might be underestimating Holly's grappling a bit.

Possibly, but her grappling did not look all that great against Shevchenko, despite Holly being much larger and stronger.

Possibly, but her grappling did not look all that great against Shevchenko, despite Holly being much larger and stronger.
Yeah. I'm not saying she has GREAT grappling. Even against Megan there were some points where Holly looked kinda ..unsure on the ground.

But in some other thread a poster critized Megan for getting taken down by the "one of the worst grapplers/wrestlers in WMMA"(= Holly). And I really don't think that's justified. Holly's grappling is at least good enough that it shouldn't be disregarded.

I know according to her Instagram Marloes Coenen welcomed
a little girl Yesterday named Ava which is the first child for her
and long time boyfriend Roemer Trompert.

Yeah. I'm not saying she has GREAT grappling. Even against Megan there were some points where Holly looked kinda ..unsure on the ground.

But in some other thread a poster critized Megan for getting taken down by the "one of the worst grapplers/wrestlers in WMMA"(= Holly). And I really don't think that's justified. Holly's grappling is at least good enough that it shouldn't be disregarded.

Ah, ok. I agree that she is not the worst. One of the things about Holly that is so damn frustrating is that she is quite a respectable athlete. Her damn fundamentals are what limits her, and that is shameful. At this point, her striking bad habits are so damn ingrained that the team of Cus D'Amato, Funakoshi and some Shaolin Monks out of legend could not fix her footwork. Imagine if she had been properly trained from the start? A better stance alone (not so much weight on her front foot - usually the right foot) would mean she could measure distance better with her jab, more power in her left straight and could actually kick effectively with her front foot.

How well Holly has done throughout her combat sports career is a testimonial to her athleticism which has only been sharpened and polished by an incredible work ethic. With decent coaching from the start, who knows? Possibly an all-time great. But we will never know, and that is too bad as she seems like a genuinely nice human being.

Again.

I suppose she could have told the ref or someone during the fight. You know, the shit you are actually supposed to do.

Fucking grow up.

Agreed. Though considering the source of said accusations, I think it’s probbaly safe to assume it’s strictly cause it’s easier to lie to fans than officials who will disprove said accusations.

Ah, ok. I agree that she is not the worst. One of the things about Holly that is so damn frustrating is that she is quite a respectable athlete. Her damn fundamentals are what limits her, and that is shameful. At this point, her striking bad habits are so damn ingrained that the team of Cus D'Amato, Funakoshi and some Shaolin Monks out of legend could not fix her footwork. Imagine if she had been properly trained from the start? A better stance alone (not so much weight on her front foot - usually the right foot) would mean she could measure distance better with her jab, more power in her left straight and could actually kick effectively with her front foot.

How well Holly has done throughout her combat sports career is a testimonial to her athleticism which has only been sharpened and polished by an incredible work ethic. With decent coaching from the start, who knows? Possibly an all-time great. But we will never know, and that is too bad as she seems like a genuinely nice human being.
Well, she's already the #2 all-time P4P female boxer according to Boxrec. http://boxrec.com/en/ratings?r[country]=&r[division]=&r[sex]=F&r[stance]=&r[status]=&r_go= :p As for MMA, she started it late but all she had to do was beat Tate and Cyborg and she would be considered the WMMA GOAT in this young sport.

Again.

I suppose she could have told the ref or someone during the fight. You know, the shit you are actually supposed to do.

Fucking grow up.

LOL. Hater's frame: The victim is to blame for complaining, not the cheater for cheating.
The 'she was asking it' school of thought...

From the genius who thinks she should shut up about naming and shaming ppl she knows doped, and whisper it to USADA instead (knowing well that they won't do anything).
Mr 'lie down and take it in the ass'.

Fucking get a clue.

Agreed. Though considering the source of said accusations, I think it’s probbaly safe to assume it’s strictly cause it’s easier to lie to fans than officials who will disprove said accusations.

What lies has Carla told fans before? Serious question.

Also when did a ref ever call a fighter for greasing?
Even in Saku vs Akiyama, the ref didn't. It took video footage that came out days later showing the culprit in the act to do that.
& I guess Saku was being a bitchy baby not complaining until AFTER he got TKO'd... he deserved to get fucked up by a cheat, he was asking for it...

Not calling Carla Esparza a liar but i thought that the referee outside
of the cage was responsible for checking to make sure the fighters
don't have Baby Oil or Vaseline on there skin and if it is found it was
there job to alert the fighters corner to correct it.

Congrats to Marloes on the birth of a baby girl

Fighters already figured a way around this. They oil up a day or two before. It gets in their pores so it does not come out until they start to sweat profusely. I am not saying Claudia was or was not I am just saying how fighters who grease do it. Carla should have said something to the ref if she suspected it during the fight.

LOL. Hater's frame: The victim is to blame for complaining, not the cheater for cheating.
The 'she was asking it' school of thought...

From the genius who thinks she should shut up about naming and shaming ppl she knows doped, and whisper it to USADA instead (knowing well that they won't do anything).
Mr 'lie down and take it in the ass'.

Fucking get a clue.

Nice of you to display nothing resembling intellectual integrity.

Do you have some evidence of Claudia cheating? No?

And yes, USADA will investigate claims. It is what they do. I have had it done with athletes that I have coached. But hey, what would I know? Congrats on reducing yourself to the level of typical poster in the main section.

Fighters already figured a way around this. They oil up a day or two before. It gets in their pores so it does not come out until they start to sweat profusely. I am not saying Claudia was or was not I am just saying how fighters who grease do it. Carla should have said something to the ref if she suspected it during the fight.

Exactly. There is a right way and a wrong way to do things, and acting like a Sherdogger is generally the wrong way.

He is. And problems can be reported during the fight. Hell, your corner can request an inspection if cheating is suspected. But if this is done and nothing is shown to be wrong, well, then you cannot cry about it online.

Weird situation at KOTC this past weekend as Cynthia Arceo was accidentally eye poked and the doctor stopped the contest. Her and Loveth Young's match was ruled a draw. Arceo retains her 115 title

Back