Official Women's Division Discussion #25

Weird situation at KOTC this past weekend as Cynthia Arceo was accidentally eye poked and the doctor stopped the contest. Her and Loveth Young's match was ruled a draw. Arceo retains her 115 title

If anyone’s interested in watching this fight.

Man, I watched both fights now. I feel like Carla won. The striking in round 1 was pretty even; they both wobbled one another. Claudia had more top control, but Esparza was constantly working from the bottom and landing shots. Claudia almost getting a guillotine kind of gives her the round, but barely due to the severity of her chicken leg dance.

Round 2 I actually feel like Carla won. Now, I know she was controlled for most of it and that usually seals ones fate, but she was landing a lot of shots. Claudia didn't really threat any submission in round 2 either, and she only land 4 or 5 ground and pound of any note. I dunno. If I was judging, I'd have given that round to Carla.

Round 3 it seems like the adrenaline to ignore a broke leg and the gas tank ran out.

All in all, I think if Esparza was just a bit bigger she wouldn't have been bullied as much from the "fucking hugging* as her coach put it. Size lost her that fight more than anything.

Wasn't Claudia low stance because she initially feared the tdd? She was mostly just trying to throw bombs to maybe flash Ko Esparza, which to be fair, I think may have happened, if she hadn't fucked up her leg and Carla hadn't improved her stand up (mostly defensively).

And Anderson looked ok for the first minute or so of each round. As soon as Holm wrapped her up or did anything but purely strike, it went down hill. She's the Megan is thetNgannou of Wmma.

Featherweight Shanna Young (4-0) was supposed to return to action this weekend, but Jennifer Hauss Nixon no-showed on fight night.

Carla running her mouth, i'm shocked.
I really wish she wouldn't.
She fought well and despite (or maybe because) losing ended up with quite a bit of new fan love, something she's not exactacly swimming in usually.
But now with this post fight whining about a "greased Gadelha" she's ruining all. Shut up, Carla! Don't forget you got away with a headbutt too!

I know according to her Instagram Marloes Coenen welcomed
a little girl Yesterday named Ava which is the first child for her
and long time boyfriend Roemer Trompert.

Cool. Last week I watched Invicta 1. Marloes headlined & beat Romy Ruyssen. At the end she speaks highly of Invicta & the future of wmma. She's a great ambassador to the sport.

Cool. Last week I watched Invicta 1. Marloes headlined & beat Romy Ruyssen. At the end she speaks highly of Invicta & the future of wmma. She's a great ambassador to the sport.

Yep. A lot of fighters could take a lesson or two from her.

If anyone’s interested in watching this fight.
I thought Cynthia was losing that fight. She's too susceptible to jabs, counters and...everything. I don't see her doing well in the UFC.

I thought Cynthia was losing that fight. She's too susceptible to jabs, counters and...everything. I don't see her doing well in the UFC.
9/10 KOTc fighters are never seeing the ufc anyway.

I have seen her touted as a serious prospect at 115, but I wasn’t impressed. KOTC has been doing some serious record padding with her.. first 4?opponents had a combined record of 5-9, and were all smaller than her.

Thought Young was ahead as well too, and it was a fun fight. Shame how it ended.

Nope. I can reiterate the same comments about women and needing decent boxing instruction. Of course, this often seems lacking in women's boxing as well.

Spencer vs Kolesnyk might as well be for the title as well.

If Felicia Spencer & Helena Kolesnyk are booked for
Invicta FC 30 then they were smart for not going to
Vegas for TUF tryouts.

Only 5 weeks till Invicta 30. When will they announce the whole card?

If Felicia Spencer & Helena Kolesnyk are booked for
Invicta FC 30 then they were smart for not going to
Vegas for TUF tryouts.
I see where you are going but I gotta disagree. The talent level on the 145 season of TUF will be so low that there is a good chance any of them can win it. Add to that the fact that you will only have 8 people fighting on it instead of the normal 16 people. I would take my chances on getting on 100k fight contract(that's the amount Nicco and Roxy got paid last TUF).

Only 5 weeks till Invicta 30. When will they announce the whole card?

Gonna talk to Shannon this week to see what is going on.

Side note - will be interviewing Valerie Letourneau tomorrow.

I see where you are going but I gotta disagree. The talent level on the 145 season of TUF will be so low that there is a good chance any of them can win it. Add to that the fact that you will only have 8 people fighting on it instead of the normal 16 people. I would take my chances on getting on 100k fight contract(that's the amount Nicco and Roxy got paid last TUF).
Nicco and Roxy fought for the belt, so they got paid championship fight money.

This season doesn't have the belt on the line, I doubt there would be 100k waiting for winners.

Even you got 100k, you would be locked in a long shity tuf contract. Spencer is the best prospect in WFW now, it's better for her to make her name outside of UFC then get a good short deal with UFC.

The best WFLW fighters outside of UFC didn't participate TUF even when there was a UFC belt for the winner.

Last edited:
Back