Official Women's Division Discussion #25

Since I didn't bring it up with Mallory Martin for Obvious reasons
but I can here how in the hell does someone miss weight by 17 lbs
which is Bantamweight territory.

This sounds like a good idea

So Claudia wins the first round because she got the takedown. She won the second round because she had the longest control time from her two takedowns..

Carla's point is?

So Claudia wins the first round because she got the takedown. She won the second round because she had the longest control time from her two takedowns..

Carla's point is?

A rematch

Jasmine Parr (John Wayne Parr & Angela Parr's 15 year old daughter) outclassed Wondergirl Lookjaroonsak over the weekend in muay thai rules (Wondergirl just won her third amateur mma fight last weekend). JWP has mentioned that Jasmine is a big Rousey/UFC fan, and her mom fought mma "before it was cool"... so I wouldn't be surprised to see Jasmine in mma when she's older.

-----------------------
Also Karol Rosa did a little bit of rookie poaching to get a win last night.

A few notes overnight...

Riri Nasukawa won her K-1 fight on Rise. I suspect she will be getting a big push from Rizin soon.

USA Judo team member Pauline Macias gets the first round armbar in her pro MMA debut

Kaitlin Young states she will be returning to MMA fight announcement shortly

Hannibal Burress gives Invicta some national exposure

Marisa Chavez with a brutal amateur knockout

I will be hopefully streaming all the IMMAF Eurpos female fights on Wombat Sports (gotta see if the codes work on wordpress). Will post links and the seeding later today.

Last edited:
Yeah.. that seems like a unhealthy cut. Antonina belongs at bantamweight. I have no doubt about that.

Yeah.. that seems like a unhealthy cut. Antonina belongs at bantamweight. I have no doubt about that.

I agree. Plus it doesn’t make sense to kill yourself to get to a weight category that your sister, who you will never fight, is also in.

I agree. Plus it doesn’t make sense to kill yourself to get to a weight category that your sister, who you will never fight, is also in.
I was wondering about that and the only explanation i found is that there are more "low lv" opponents at 125 than 135, yes 135 is very shallow and doesn't have as many fighters, but once you get at the top 8 (not counting Sara) for example you have a bunch of tough fights for her, everyone has a ground game, maybe not GDR but she is enormous and who knows if she will fight again.

So i kinda expect Antonina to have a few fights at 125, mostly against mid-tier girls, and eventually move up when she gets better, in order to progress with her career.

Looks to me like Antonina wants to cut as little water weight as possible, so she's just getting very lean.

Also Karol Rosa did a little bit of rookie poaching to get a win last night.

Was a pretty solid outing for Karol considering the oponnent and how the fight developed. Karol was winning the standup pretty handly for the entirety of the first 2 rounds before having the fight stopped by the ref on R3 of a 5 round title fight.

Tamara is only 1-0 in mma but has almost 40 kickboxing/muay thai fights with a national title and a silver in the panamerican, Karol was whooping her on the feet...so definetly looks like her stand up is improving.

Tamara also holds a win in muay over Karol's team mate and UFC fighter Priscila Cachoeira.

Anyone know what's going on with Jo Jo calderwood? I feel like she could be a solid fighter at 125, but it seems like she hasn't fought forever. Is she still at tri-star?

Tamara is only 1-0 in mma but has almost 40 kickboxing/muay thai fights with a national title and a silver in the panamerican, Karol was whooping her on the feet...so definetly looks like her stand up is improving.

Thanks for the info! Tamara seemed quite competent for a fighter listed as 1-0, that's why I labeled it "rookie poaching" instead of "can crushing".

Anyone know what's going on with Jo Jo calderwood? I feel like she could be a solid fighter at 125, but it seems like she hasn't fought forever. Is she still at tri-star?

In Vegas at Syndicate and the PI, wants a fight. Looks as if she's taking full advantage of the free UFC food though.

In Vegas at Syndicate and the PI, wants a fight. Looks as if she's taking full advantage of the free UFC food though.

Looks healthy, though. There have been times in the past where she'd bloat up and look sloppy. She's looking in good shape from the random pics on her Instagram.

I'm interested to see what syndicate can do with her.

Michelle Waterson teaching the front kick (beginner level).

Hope nobody is looking forward to a Yaya Rincon fight anytime soon:

Back