Official Women's Division Discussion #25

Posting this here, not as a plug, but because I genuinely value the opinions of the regulars in this thread.

Just seen in the KSW London thread Aga and Lipski are scheduled to fight. Hopefully it's true, I may be tempted to attend.

New York Ric is the one who runs it

tenor.gif
?

Just seen in the KSW London thread Aga and Lipski are scheduled to fight. Hopefully it's true, I may be tempted to attend.

Since the UFC won't send us Aldana or Grasso, I imagine this is the matchup with the highest possible Bae-factor we could get here.

Then featherweight Jenni Kivioja of Finland

This second KO looks hella bad, and the girl looks cute, so I tracked down her Instagram (yup, that's how I roll):

the translation goes:
''As many of you know, the quarterfinals did not work as we had hoped yesterday.
The first round was smooth but I felt I had it until the main park came.
After an interesting experience at a chaotic Romanian hospital, they found a serious brain shock. The brain needs to rest from basically all activities for an indefinite period, so it will be a calm summer for my part.
Thank you all who supported me and sent nice messages ''​

I'm glad to see someone taking care of themselves, I always worry that these people (especially at amateur level where they might not have good guidance, though even in elite sport it happens all the time) just throw themselves back into the gym ASAP and get their vulnerable brains mushed even more without the chance for healing (in their early 20s even!).

For instance the victim of the KO in this thread posted on Facebook she was looking to get back in the ring in July (i.e. ~ 2 months later). Don't do it, gurl!!!!

Of course If I had any other advice for her, it would be 'If you had just shot a double leg, none of this would have happened' (-;

Last edited:

Oh that would be a good one. If it's on & you attend I'd enjoy your description of crowd, atmosphere etc. Aga may be Lipski's toughest challenge. I'd go with Lipski because of her finishing talents. Both have the skills to pay the bills.

Oh that would be a good one. If it's on & you attend I'd enjoy your description of crowd, atmosphere etc. Aga may be Lipski's toughest challenge. I'd go with Lipski because of her finishing talents. Both have the skills to pay the bills.
If I do end up going, i'll give y'all a full description.

Old news (by a day or two, haha) but my early take on the fight:

I hope Kayla showcases her boxing so we can see how she is in that perspective.

Kayla wins in the first round. Give you three guesses how

Kayla wins in the first round. Give you three guesses how

I like it. Not slick, not super fast like Ronda, but she didn’t force it, either. She worked it, and it came to her.

This is to be expected in her debut but I am just going to state the obvious. It seems like she has no clue about striking defense. Like I said about Ronda I really hope she clears that up. A majority of the girls at 145 might not be very good but a few of them can hit hard. She might be the 1 real prospect I can remember 145 having.

Luckily Harrison isn't training at Glendale FC

From what I understand Kayla has a 4 fight contract with PFL, but they have to give her a fight every 4 months, so next year she'll be in the UFC.

USADA? Well she's been tested 36 times, so there's that I guess. Maybe we get to hear the Cris fans complaining about Kayla's physique, that would be fun.

Last edited:
Kayla has a big friendly personality. Good for the sport. Enjoyed her post-fight interview with Bas Rutten. She mentioned a legend named 'Big Jim' in her corner. Jim Pedro Sr. Anyone know who that is?

Back