Official Women's Division Discussion #25

You know once this info gains traction Cyborg is gonna cause a ton of drama. They should have just done 105 TUF. That division has so much personality and talent. The problem is the talent is spread thin through out a lot of promotions. I think that would have been the last chance for awhileat 10ters in the UFC.

To be honest I don't mind them picking some 135ers for the show. The UFC's 135 division is in need of a serious infusion of talent. While 135 is not a good division overall it still has way more talent than 145. So even if some fighters here go down to 135 after TUF i'm cool with that.

I would rather Pannie get picked up rather than someone like Jozette Cotton. My main concern with this 145 division is to keep away the people who will embarrass WMMA. We don't need to see Jozette Cotton jumping around like a pogo stick on a big PPV. I am a fan of Cindy but I don't want to see her level of striking on the big stage again. I really hope she has improved in that area because she is a really good fighter and without her level of striking holding her back she could actually make a lot of money fighting at 145.
Malecki might even be able to make 135 with some struggle I think.. I’m ok with it being bantamweight TUF.. that division is viable and the UFC will need it going forward. With any luck we get 2 or 3 new bantamweights from the contenders series, and probably all 6 (if they can make 135) from TUF. I suspect Sarah Kaufman is Cyborgs next opponent, or at a minimum is close to a UFC return.

The current model of sending 135ers up to challenge Anderson & Cyborg is probably better than having a 145lb division.

At the same time.. this is an intelligence test for Scott Coker & the PFL really.

PFL can jump in on the low level ones (Patterson, Cotton) as poetential opponents for Harrison. As for 145 in Bellator, they m already have about 8-10 fighters at 145. They could probably sign Cindy, Zarah, Jessy Miele, Elizabeth Phillips, Larissa Pacheco, and Faith Van Duin right now (Add in Zamzagul, & Dalziel though they didn’t try out). If they did so.. they’d have a complete division.. and might be able to eventually lure Anderson & Kayla Harrison over just cause that’s where the fights are.

You know how it is, some people just can't keep a secret

One of the last names I would have expected, which makes me think that the list going the rounds is correct: Letson, Malecki, Chiasson, Pacheco, Allen, Kianzad and Stoliarenko .... I thought the Lithuanian had said she hadn't made it but then I guess someone had to replace Patterson.

Really I can't hate this, they've gone for youth and looks, how old is Bea btw.

She’s comfortably in the top ten at 125 no matter what people in the heavies think imo
125 has quietly & quickly become a really fun division. Personally speaking Roxy is probably the number 6 contender for me. I’d rank Valentina, Alexis, Katlyn, Liz, and Maia above her. At this point, I’d say she’s better than anyone outside the UFC, though Silvana Gomez, Neidzweidz, & Porto are all tough fights for her.

Going forward I’d like to see them do Eye vs Roxy, Eubanks vs Lee, Robertson vs De La Rosa, & Kim vs Mueller as matchups whose winners climb rankings. Then do Murphy vs Borella, and Rose-Clark vs Kish.

Honchak & Ostovich could use a visit to the PI, imo. Honchak is gonna need elite training to stay in the game (if they even keep her), and Ostovich needs to go 115.

Bea Malecki probably can’t make 135. She’s six foot, we don’t need another Peggy Morgan

You know how it is, some people just can't keep a secret

One of the last names I would have expected, which makes me think that the list going the rounds is correct: Letson, Malecki, Chiasson, Pacheco, Allen, Kianzad and Stoliarenko .... I thought the Lithuanian had said she hadn't made it but then I guess someone had to replace Patterson.

Really I can't hate this, they've gone for youth and looks, how old is Bea btw.

She did something for Superior Challenge in May. Their website says she is 27, but the profile layout suggests the age doesn’t update every year. I’d guess she’s 27-30 though.

125 has quietly & quickly become a really fun division. Personally speaking Roxy is probably the number 6 contender for me. I’d rank Valentina, Alexis, Katlyn, Liz, and Maia above her. At this point, I’d say she’s better than anyone outside the UFC, though Silvana Gomez, Neidzweidz, & Porto are all tough fights for her.

Going forward I’d like to see them do Eye vs Roxy, Eubanks vs Lee, Robertson vs De La Rosa, & Kim vs Mueller as matchups whose winners climb rankings. Then do Murphy vs Borella, and Rose-Clark vs Kish.

Honchak & Ostovich could use a visit to the PI, imo. Honchak is gonna need elite training to stay in the game (if they even keep her), and Ostovich needs to go 115.
Ostovich 115? Have you seen that (genuine) thickness?

Caught Roxy vs Honchak. Not only has Roxy improved by miles, but Honchak should probably consider retirement. She looked lost on her back.

Getting back to Roxy:

Her striking may be herky jerky and awkward as hell looking, but damn if it isn’t effective, especially when you consider how bad her vision is. It works, and she belongs in the top 5 rankings, yes, above some of the (former) 135lbers.

Getting back to Roxy:

Her striking may be herky jerky and awkward as hell looking, but damn if it isn’t effective, especially when you consider how bad her vision is. It works, and she belongs in the top 5 rankings, yes, above some of the (former) 135lbers.

If my memory serves me, I remember watching Roxy avoid strikes from Andrea Lee like she was in the Matrix. No idea how she does that with her poor vision. Perhaps Roxy is actually blind and has sharpened her senses to where she can see into the future. She's certainly one of the most interesting fighters in all of MMA. I'm glad she stuck with it and finally made it all the way to the "big stage." Can she still do crazy cosplay at the ceremonial weigh-ins?

Perhaps she was selected because of this...
View attachment 404251
It could be that or it could be that she is 7 - 1 with her only loss being to Sarah Kaufman who she should have never been matched up with in the first place. She has no big names on her record but if she is at least decent she should be competitive with the lower end at 135 in the UFC.

On another note, I am glad Pannie got picked. She went through a bad stretch but she fought fighters better than at least half the UFC 135 division during that time. Raquel Pa'aluhi should be signed but her poor career choices left her with a not so good record.

It could be that or it could be that she is 7 - 1 with her only loss being to Sarah Kaufman who she should have never been matched up with in the first place. She has no big names on her record but if she is at least decent she should be competitive with the lower end at 135 in the UFC.

On another note, I am glad Pannie got picked. She went through a bad stretch but she fought fighters better than at least half the UFC 135 division during that time. Raquel Pa'aluhi should be signed but her poor career choices left her with a not so good record.
Out of the eight women, I wonder how many will remain at 145 - definitely Chiasson and Malecki.

Perhaps she was selected because of this...
View attachment 404251

I guess this is why some of the rejects are calling it Ultimate Bikini, mind you I don't think that is actually a bikini.

So we have two who didn't try out and three others who didn't meet the selection criteria. Oh well it's the UFC's show so they make the rules. I'm looking forward to it, especially that time in December when the heavies find out someone is making their pro debut in the UFC cage.

It's fucked up that Sarah Kaufman isn't back in UFC while girls clearly below her level get chances in tuf.

Not impressed by both girls. Pannie is very raw in term of skills, she is a strong BW and that's basically all she has. You can't blame Raquel's bad record on her career choice, Amanda Nunes isn't a worldbeater back in 2012. Raquel fails to develop into a better mma fighter while other girls show clear improvement over years.

If UFC wants to fix 135, they should bring back Sarah Kaufman and Leslie Smith back first instead of filling the division with fighters struggling in invicta fc.

Out of the eight women, I wonder how many will remain at 145 - definitely Chiasson and Malecki.

Those two and anyone who thinks they've got a good chance of a $130k title shot. Pacheco looks much bigger than in her UFC days, crazy to think she was only 20 when she was cut.

I'm looking forward to it, especially that time in December when the heavies find out someone is making their pro debut in the UFC cage.
Heavies wouldn't care if the fighter is willing to show her skin. Someone in this thread thinks Andrea Lee should get a fight against No.2 contender Eubanks.

Back