Official Women's Division Discussion #25

Re: TUF Super Bantamweight

If you include Antonina's contender series win, IFMA gold medalists are 14-4 in the UFC (with those four losses being title fights). Bea Malecki would be the fourth IFMA gold medalist coming into the UFC behind Joanna & the Shevchenkos. Not that I think Malecki has the sort of kickboxing record Joanna/Valentina have, but it's a fun stat.

I like that they've added Stoilarenko's moat fight wins on her record so it doesn't appear that she has a losing mma record.
<seedat>

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alyssa Garcia & SARAMI on an upcoming Deep card.

If you include Antonina's contender series win, IFMA gold medalists are 14-4 in the UFC (with those four losses being title fights). Bea Malecki would be the fourth IFMA gold medalist coming into the UFC behind Joanna & the Shevchenkos. Not that I think Malecki has the sort of kickboxing record Joanna/Valentina have, but it's a fun stat.

I like that they've added Stoilarenko's moat fight wins on her record so it doesn't appear that she has a losing mma record.
<seedat>

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alyssa Garcia & SARAMI on an upcoming Deep card.

Weird they put that fight on the August DEEP card, when DEEP JEWELS has an event in September.

Btw, my favorite Korean Androgynous/tomboyish- but- still- strangely- hot- fighter Jeong Eun Park is on that card, facing off against Tomo Maesawa:
https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/54187-deep-jewels-21

5th, Lina Lansberg was also an IFMA gold medalist. I just watched a few of Malecki's fights and I'd say she has about the same skill level as Lansberg, I'd expect a similar potential for her in MMA. She's a teep spammer in Muay Thai and abuses her reach to throw endless teeps and teep to right punch combos at her opponents. Not much in the way of setups and her defence...uh...let's just say it needs work. A decent puncher would absolutely wreck her.

Claudia may be considering 125.

She won't be serious title contender with cardio for 1 round. She should move up. You can see pattern, her cardio is worse and worse every fight. Now it's good time to move up. She got win,is high ranked, will get some favourable match up and can be top5 as 125 lbser also.

IFMA is not source of some elite fighters because 2 girls are sucessfull in different sport.

The majority probably don’t care but how do y’all see Budd vs Lady Nog going? This is the first time in years Budd is facing someone her size. I think she gets subbed.
Talita is up there with Dern and Garcia when it comes to BJJ accomplishments.
I bet Nogueira to win at the generous +280 opener and also have fight does not go the distance at about +180. So hopefully Talita can get an early submission.

If Maia doesn't debut on rankings at #1 or #2 with a win tomorrow then I've lost my faith entirely in UFC rankings. The fact that Holly Holm is ranked #1 at bantamweight with a win over someone not even in the division goes to show how fucking corrupt that shit is, and now she's being considered for an interim title bout? I hope Vieira submits her if that fight ever happens, would be a massive fuck you in the UFC's face. They want a belt on Holm so badly, she's been given enough opportunities as is.

Anyway, I got Aguilar, Maia and Reneau winning their bouts tomorrow. I honestly don't see JAG going anywhere even if she wins, I think it'll continue going up-down for her. Maia on the other hand is one of the division's best and should be in title contention with a victory here, as should Reneau (who actually should be 7-1 in the UFC if the judges didn't fuck up two decisions). I'm not ruling out Carmouche or Zingano though, I wouldn't mind seeing either win.

If Maia doesn't debut on rankings at #1 or #2 with a win tomorrow then I've lost my faith entirely in UFC rankings.

Maia is a decent fighter, but she has been facing low level fighters mostly. Her best win is a SD over Roxy. I would rank her between #5 and #10.

The fact that Holly Holm is ranked #1 at bantamweight with a win over someone not even in the division goes to show how fucking corrupt that shit is, and now she's being considered for an interim title bout? I hope Vieira submits her if that fight ever happens, would be a massive fuck you in the UFC's face.

This is fakenews from Cyborg, only chickbait sites like Bjpenn reported this.

Maia on the other hand is one of the division's best and should be in title contention with a victory here, as should Reneau (who actually should be 7-1 in the UFC if the judges didn't fuck up two decisions). I'm not ruling out Carmouche or Zingano though, I wouldn't mind seeing either win.

All Carmouche's losses in UFC are to WBW top grapplers. She really shouldn't insist on grappling with everyone. I think ppl are underestimating her due to her mediocre record in WBW division, she should be able to overwhelm Maia in grappling exchange and take this fight via UD.

5th, Lina Lansberg was also an IFMA gold medalist. I just watched a few of Malecki's fights and I'd say she has about the same skill level as Lansberg, I'd expect a similar potential for her in MMA. She's a teep spammer in Muay Thai and abuses her reach to throw endless teeps and teep to right punch combos at her opponents. Not much in the way of setups and her defence...uh...let's just say it needs work. A decent puncher would absolutely wreck her.

For some reason I thought Lansberg never made it past second place. Looking at her wiki:confused:.

Lansberg is a pretty good example of international competition experience though. She's 35, not particularly fast/powerful, literally not good anywhere except in the clinch, and that's enough to beat most mma people.

IFMA is not source of some elite fighters because 2 girls are sucessfull in different sport.

Ok two of the most skilled fighters of all time who basically fight the same as they did under these rules... a fluke?

Not every interesting fighter has to become elite either, people other than Joanna/Val having been jumping over into wmma from muay thai with some degree of success. IFMA just happens to be the most consistent/voluminous talent pool of women's muay thai, so that's why I mention it on this thread a lot. IFMA muay thai will be in the 2021 World Games, which means there's potential it gets picked up by the Olympics. It'd read a lot cooler if I were typing "Olympic gold medalist" instead of "IFMA gold medalist".

Also think about the three most notable wmma matchmakers in the US. Mick Maynard, Kaitlin Young, and Rich Chou.

-Young an active muay thai fighter, IFMA talent stalker.

-Mick Maynard; former kickboxer who worked with usmf to fill up his Legacy kickbox shows, and basically convinced UFC to pick up Valentina (and was probably behind Malecki & Oberg being brought in the UFC Pi).

-Rich Chou seems like he would just have a kickbox league if him and Coker could figure out the logistics.

Last edited:
Ok two of the most skilled fighters of all time who basically fight the same as they did under these rules... a fluke?

Not every interesting fighter has to become elite either, people other than Joanna/Val having been jumping over into wmma from muay thai with some degree of success. IFMA just happens to be the most consistent/voluminous talent pool of women's muay thai. IFMA muay thai will be in the 2021 World Games, which means there's potential it gets picked up by the Olympics. It'd read a lot cooler if I were typing "Olympic gold medalist" instead of "IFMA gold medalist".

Also think about the three most notable wmma matchmakers in the US. Mick Maynard, Kaitlin Young, and Rich Chou.

-Young an active muay thai fighter, IFMA talent stalker

-Mick Maynard who worked with USMF to fill up his Legacy kickbox shows, and basically convinced UFC to pick up Valentina (and was probably behind Malecki & Oberg being brought in the UFC Pi).

-Rich Chou seems like he would just have a kickbox league if him and Coker could figure out the logistics.

They don't fight the same as they did under IFMA rules. Let's be serious. Jedrzejczyk was part of mma gym since 2010, 2-3 years before she started something serious with mma. She is mma striker, used maybe 1 kick in her first 3 UFC fights. How muay thai it is you tell me. She had some experience from muay thai, boxing, kickboxing, plus her striking coach since 2010 was always mainly mma coach.

Maia is a decent fighter, but she has been facing low level fighters mostly. Her best win is a SD over Roxy. I would rank her between #5 and #10.

This is fakenews from Cyborg, only chickbait sites like Bjpenn reported this.

All Carmouche's losses in UFC are to WBW top grapplers. She really shouldn't insist on grappling with everyone. I think ppl are underestimating her due to her mediocre record in WBW division, she should be able to overwhelm Maia in grappling exchange and take this fight via UD.
I wouldn't consider Porto or Niedzwiez "low level". Niedzwiedz needs more time to develop but she's certainly not a low level fighter and I definitely wouldn't put Porto in that class. I'd definitely rank Maia over anyone currently ranked on the UFC rankings other than perhaps Valentina.

I hope it's fake news. Holm hasn't done anything to deserve another shot at a belt, especially at bantamweight.

I'm not underestimating Carmouche, I think Liz is very underrated. I definitely think she has the strength and power advantage over Maia and will have the upper hand in grappling exchanges, like I said I'm not ruling out her winning.

They don't fight the same as they did under IFMA rules. Let's be serious. Jedrzejczyk was part of mma gym since 2010, 2-3 years before she started something serious with mma. She is mma striker, used maybe 1 kick in her first 3 UFC fights. How muay thai it is you tell me. She had some experience from muay thai, boxing, kickboxing, plus her striking coach since 2010 was always mainly mma coach.

Val is still almost entirely a counter striker who likes to fight either all the way on the outside or in the clinch, and Joanna still mostly likes to pressure, and score with punch/kick combinations (& splatter people who try to clinch with her). Kicking is less important to either of their style than the overall initiative they like to keep; the sense of distance, their clinch skills, and the footwork they've developed to stay in their preferred range.

Look at Loma Lookboonmee, Lansberg, Ashley Nichols, Miriam Nakamoto; they all are/were more or less the same fighter between rulesets with a few tweaks here and there.

Last edited:
I wouldn't consider Porto or Niedzwiez "low level". Niedzwiedz needs more time to develop but she's certainly not a low level fighter and I definitely wouldn't put Porto in that class. I'd definitely rank Maia over anyone currently ranked on the UFC rankings other than perhaps Valentina.

They are low level comparing to UFC WBW fighters. Top WFLW fighters were fighting in UFC WBW division while Maia was fighting in invicta fc. I think Maia is at the same level of Jessica Eye, between #5 and #10.

I would favor most of former WBW fighters over Maia, among tuf girls Eubanks could give her trouble too.

They are low level comparing to UFC WBW fighters. Top WFLW fighters were fighting in UFC WBW division while Maia was fighting in invicta fc. I think Maia is at the same level of Jessica Eye, between #5 and #10.

I would favor most of former WBW fighters over Maia, among tuf girls Eubanks could give her trouble too.
You’re way overrating the former bantamweight fighters, seemingly purely because they are former bantamweight fighters. The reality is, this division in the UFC has quite a ways to go before the top ten is truly fleshed out.

You’re way overrating the former bantamweight fighters, seemingly purely because they are former bantamweight fighters.

Roxy couldn't make into UFC WBW division and she fought a close fight with Maia.

Ppl tend to overrate fighters outside of UFC based on their record against low level fighters.

Roxy couldn't make into UFC WBW division and she fought a close fight with Maia.

Ppl tend to overrate fighters outside of UFC based on their record against low level fighters.
She’s been killing it in flyweight. She’s not being outmuscled like she was at bantamweight. Most of these girls lose some strength when they cut down.

Again, other than they are former bantamweights, your argument holds no muscle.

I see her more on the level of Alexis Davis than Jessica Eye, so top 5 at the least.

Also, just saw Talita Nogueira has a 15 year old daughter, they look like sisters.

I don’t see how ducote competes with these 125ers. She’s a 115er and a small one at that (5’2 and walks around at 125)

I don’t see how ducote competes with these 125ers. She’s a 115er and a small one at that (5’2 and walks around at 125)

I love Ducote.

Damn good fight. I agree with Chael.... right decision, wrong score.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back