Official Women's Division Discussion #25

I'm anticipating a competitive fight between Suarez and Esparza. Even though Carla is at the smaller end of the spectrum, she doesn't seem troubled by bigger fighters. Are they going to be pretty even in wrestling and grappling? I've heard people talk about Esparza's stand-up. Will that be an advantage for her? Can't wait to see how this one plays out.

Are they going to be pretty even in wrestling and grappling?
No, it's not even close. Suarez is a worldclass wrestler and she is much bigger than Esparza.

The most likely outcome is Esparza gets wrestle-fucked for 3 rounds.

I'm anticipating a competitive fight between Suarez and Esparza. Even though Carla is at the smaller end of the spectrum, she doesn't seem troubled by bigger fighters. Are they going to be pretty even in wrestling and grappling? I've heard people talk about Esparza's stand-up. Will that be an advantage for her? Can't wait to see how this one plays out.

Though I'm also anticipating a competitive match I'd put Suarez at the advantage. Her wrestling skills are so high. Like you say, Carla doesn't seem troubled by bigger fighters. I don't expect Carla's stand-up will bother Tatiana. Grasso's a good striker and Suarez wasn't phased by her. Carla's advantages could be speed & experience. I'm most excited because it's two high level opponents.

Let's be honest, maybe no one can beat Suarez (in UFC SW). I'm sure Esparza will put up a great fight, and she'll make it closer than people think...but I think Suarez will be champ sooner rather than later.

Jarl

Someone should ask Carla and Tatiana if they've wrestled before, ok I know Carla is a little older but they seem to have competed in the same circles back in the 2000s. ........ e.g. I see in 2008 Tatiana was the top rated college 59 kger and Carla was number 3 at 55kg. Back then Carla was O'Connell and Tatiana was Padilla.

Got to say I think it's commendable that Carla is taking on these tough matches, picking and choosing shouldn't be a thing. The only real downside for her is that she isn't picking up any easy win bonuses, the win bonus system does seem designed to discourage taking tough matchups.

Edit: Seems like Aleksandra received a letter stating her residency permit was denied. She doesn't have citizenship and will need to leave Russia.

Last edited:
Got to say I think it's commendable that Carla is taking on these tough matches, picking and choosing shouldn't be a thing.

As opposed to the current champ, who's ducking any top fighter in her division that's not Joanna.

Thanks to Dern’s ludicrous weightmiss I can now enjoy the Esparza vs. Suarez fight, singlets and everything :)

Should be a good showcase for Suarez’s wrestlesalotism - if she can handle Carla like she has done the more limited rasslers so far, whoa. Even with the size difference, this should be darn interesting...

Looks like Lucie Puddinglover has been going down the twitter beef route to try and get a fight.

...think Pudding may have bitten off more than she can chew here. I've never seen 'Aspy' Aspen express any level of emotion before, so if she says she is going to do something 'violently' it makes me scared. I hope Lucie doesn't end up buried in the woods somewhere - whether this fight gets booked or not...

Aspen worrying about the buffet afterwards, but needs to stop hitting it before hand.

Looks like Lucie Puddinglover has been going down the twitter beef route to try and get a fight.

...think Pudding may have bitten off more than she can chew here. I've never seen 'Aspy' Aspen express any level of emotion before, so if she says she is going to do something 'violently' it makes me scared. I hope Lucie doesn't end up buried in the woods somewhere - whether this fight gets booked or not...

Just realized I'm blocked by Aspen. Did a search to see if I ever even interacted with her, and apparently this is why I'm blocked, lol

Just realized I'm blocked by Aspen. Did a search to see if I ever even interacted with her, and apparently this is why I'm blocked, lol

Lol, I think I'll take her side on that one.
<Sansa00>

Why do I have a feeling this post is to people telling her that her terrible striking is the reason why she is not getting the opportunities she should with the record that she has. Miesha Tate should be handling her career better. For instance, Cindy took her last 2 fights vs people who had no chance of beating her. Instead of using those fights as a showcase for her "improved" striking she fights like normal and easily beats them. If I were her manager I would have told her to train exclusively striking and use those fights to prove to other promotions that her striking in no longer an embarrassment with no risk of losing because her opponents are terrible. Her opponents records were (1-6) and (4-8). She should be following what Roxy did instead of instagram posts about haters or blaming it on "politics".

If that’s how she is, it’s no loss then.

Why do I have a feeling this post is to people telling her that her terrible striking is the reason why she is not getting the opportunities she should with the record that she has. Miesha Tate should be handling her career better. For instance, Cindy took her last 2 fights vs people who had no chance of beating her. Instead of using those fights as a showcase for her "improved" striking she fights like normal and easily beats them. If I were her manager I would have told her to train exclusively striking and use those fights to prove to other promotions that her striking in no longer an embarrassment with no risk of losing because her opponents are terrible. Her opponents records were (1-6) and (4-8). She should be following what Roxy did instead of instagram posts about haters or blaming it on "politics".

I have no sympathy for her whatsoever. You've been a professional mma fighter for years and your striking is that poor, how is that even possible? Kids may be? I don't know but it's strange.

Back