Official Women's Division Discussion #25

Gadelha has an elite and fundamentally sound BJJ game. Andrade really doesn't. She's a lot more brute force and much less clinical technique.

I think you might be underestimating Jessica's submission game. Claudia has 7 subs in her career with 6 coming against low level talent pre UFC. Her only sub against a good fighter is KK. Which is why her last sub before that fight was in 2010. Jessica also has 7 subs in her career. With 3 of them in the UFC using her specialty the Guillotine Choke. SO while Claudia has better BJJ credentials she mostly uses it for position rather than submission when she is fighting higher level talent. Jessica uses brute strength in her BJJ but she will slap a Guillotine on you even if you are a higher level talent.

The only 115er who has been able to stop Jessica from taking them down was Joanna. KK panics on the ground which we already have evidence of. Jessica walks through power shots and KK has no power in her punches. All the signs point to KK losing this one easily. Like I said before I want KK to win and there is always a chance but the chances are low.

I think you might be underestimating Jessica's submission game. Claudia has 7 subs in her career with 6 coming against low level talent pre UFC. Her only sub against a good fighter is KK. Which is why her last sub before that fight was in 2010. Jessica also has 7 subs in her career. With 3 of them in the UFC using her specialty the Guillotine Choke. SO while Claudia has better BJJ credentials she mostly uses it for position rather than submission when she is fighting higher level talent. Jessica uses brute strength in her BJJ but she will slap a Guillotine on you even if you are a higher level talent.

The only 115er who has been able to stop Jessica from taking them down was Joanna. KK panics on the ground which we already have evidence of. Jessica walks through power shots and KK has no power in her punches. All the signs point to KK losing this one easily. Like I said before I want KK to win and there is always a chance but the chances are low.
Who has Andrade tapped? Calderwood? A notoriously terrible grappler who gets submitted by everyone? She didn't get close to submitting Torres. Gadelha has a standard but very effective position-submission game that she punished KK for when she gave up her back. Gadelha has a powerful reactive blast double as well, whereas all of Andrade's takedowns come from the clinch, where this fight is guaranteed to end up in and where KK will be taller and is very skilled.

Who has Andrade tapped? Calderwood? A notoriously terrible grappler who gets submitted by everyone? She didn't get close to submitting Torres. Gadelha has a standard but very effective position-submission game that she punished KK for when she gave up her back. Gadelha has a powerful reactive blast double as well, whereas all of Andrade's takedowns come from the clinch, where this fight is guaranteed to end up in and where KK will be taller and is very skilled.
Well its obvious we will never agree on this. You stated your points and I stated mines so lets just agree to disagree. It will be interesting to see how the fight turns out.

She never accepted my friend request on facebook either.... I always chalked it up to her not being active on it or an oversight or whatever....

....I guess she really is an asshole. haha.

(Aspen, if you're reading this, I still love you)

I'm starting a new twitter account just to send her this

Well its obvious we will never agree on this. You stated your points and I stated mines so lets just agree to disagree. It will be interesting to see how the fight turns out.
Agreed. I'm much more into it than I am Montano-Shevchenko.

Well shit, Grasso is out of the fight with Hill. And I've been looking forward to that showdown since Invicta.

Speaking of Andrade, these past few weeks she competed in two big gi competitions in brazil, the world championships by CBJJE (the biggest gi world championship in brazil now that the mundials are in the US) and the world championship by CBJJO.
She won her weight and open weight at CBJJE and her weight on CBJJO both at brown belt level.

Strawweight providing some of the best matchups, so excited for JJ vs. Torres, Andrade vs. KK and Suarez vs. Esparza. This division is just getting deeper, can't wait for Zhang and LRS to factor in.

Well shit, Grasso is out of the fight with Hill. And I've been looking forward to that showdown since Invicta.

*crosses another fight off the list*

This is really getting irritating. Can't even look forward to a fight anymore or else something will happen. Every canceled fight makes me care just a little bit less.

Congrats I wish I could be there.
Awww, <{1-11}><DCrying>

Was looking forward to meeting you. In KC now. However, not sure if everyone is staying at the Aladdin this time, as the weigh-ins (the show ones, anyway) are at a different hotel further south.

Back