Official Women's Division Discussion #25

Why am I so interested in this Maycee Barber vs Hannah Cifers fight so much. I can't give you a reason why but I am into it more then than the other 2 WMMA fights on the card and most other recent WMMA fights. This might be the 1st fight I watch live all year. I have been a little disillusioned with MMA this past year so had no drive to actually watch the fights live.

Why am I so interested in this Maycee Barber vs Hannah Cifers fight so much. I can't give you a reason why but I am into it more then than the other 2 WMMA fights on the card and most other recent WMMA fights. This might be the 1st fight I watch live all year. I have been a little disillusioned with MMA this past year so had no drive to actually watch the fights live.

Yeah, two new talents on the scene with very different personalities making their UFC debut. Cifers I find really cool & humble so I'm rooting for her. Barber's got the pedigree & hype. She's quick & exciting.

Both are coming in with great records - not an easy fight by a long shot for Barber who was groomed by LFA to be a star in the UFC. A lot of times the UFC will give a LFA star debuter someone coming off a loss or with not a great record.

Just out of curiosity has anyone ever heard about Mackenzie Dern and any progress
with the performance institute since she was saying back in May that she was looking
to make improvements and lose some weight.

When someone keeps doing the exact opposite of what is winning them the fight, they and their corner should go.

Not going to give any names as people might not be current on tonights card.

When someone keeps doing the exact opposite of what is winning them the fight, they and their corner should go.

Not going to give any names as people might not be current on tonights card.

Questionable decision making does not even begin to describe it. That fight made me dumber.
Why? Why would you go for a leg lock when you have dominant ground position?

Don't worry, RENA is for sure going to splatter Michelle Waterson on ESPN+.

I enjoyed that Maycee vs Hannah fight. The crowed seemed to love it because they were loud. Maycee has something special about her. Even the WMMA haters were giving her praise and that almost never happens. She needs to rise up the ranks slowly. 115 is not the other female divisions. There are legit killers in the top 10 at 115. I will definitely watch Hannah's next fight. Both fighters made me a fan.

Don't worry, RENA is for sure going to splatter Michelle Waterson on ESPN+.
giphy.webp

Yoder/Cooper had some fun scrambles. Really close fight, nice post-fight speech from Yoder.

GDR pieced up Raquel for pretty much the duration of the fight, when she wasn't pressed up against the cage.

Highlight of the women tonight was Barber's performance. Young, nice striking with the use of elbows and punishing GnP to stop the fight. Cifers was tough, but looked much smaller. Not sure about the Dern callout, or if Mackenzie will be staying in the division.

On the SW tip, I hope Rose vs Andrade gets booked soon.

Sucks for ABC. Her MMA career to date consists of being fed to undefeated Bantamweight prospects (Ladd), undefeated Flyweight prospects (Dern), and undefeated GOAT aspirants (Suarez), then when she does get given a winnable fight the judges rob her. I think she's a talented fighter too but what chance to build when that's your lot in life?

-----------------------------------------------------------

I liked the '25th anniversary' graphics / theme of the card, so in keeping with that, here's some early visionaries (they did had to wait some time though :p )

flg650.jpg

Northern Michigan native Alibeth Milliron (2-0) defeats Maryland native Tara Graff (1-1) with an 11 second TKO at KOTC: In The Mix in New York. Milliron has had success at Strawweight and Atomweight. She's an interesting prospect. The 28 year old started fighting at 19 and even fight and lost to UFC fighter Randa Markos in the early stint of her career. She took about 4 years off and since then has only lost once. KOTC seems to be getting behind her and she could fight for their AW or SW title soon with another win.

EDIT: you have to go to Facebook to watch it.

Last edited:
Strawweight is the best division in the entire UFC. Talent and Youth.
While I personally agree with you if I were to take my personal preferences out of the equation I think 155 beats 115. Before I looked at the ranks I would have thought that 170 did also but after looking at the ranks I changed my mind. I have 115 vs Male 145 fighting for the 2nd/ 3rd best division.

As long as you don't try to start a union and you're a bantamweight chances are the UFC are going to keep you around. The species is too rare to squander. Well I think you can add a new category to the list of untouchables, the small strawweight. After all the matchmakers need some smol girls for the latest hot thing to beat-up .... Esquibel, Astrogirl, Penne, your dance card is marked.

Silly me thinking they were keeping the smols on board for a potential atomweight division and OK I'm not complaining either, a new golden girl is good for the distaff side of the sport. Just hope they leave a few scraps for my new squeeze, sea-level Cifers.

Is Sabino Mazo's opponent, Carol Yariwaki good?

I want to see Mazo in the UFC and head kicking some poor opponents

Back