Is it too early to call Germaine de Randamie a title contender at 135
since she is sitting on 3 wins in a row in the division and was ranked
#5 going into the Raquel Pennington fight but will most likely move
up when the new rankings come out.

Is it too early to call Germaine de Randamie a title contender at 135
since she is sitting on 3 wins in a row in the division and was ranked
#5 going into the Raquel Pennington fight but will most likely move
up when the new rankings come out.
I don't think that Germaine fights often enough to get another title shot. If she's to be taken for her word, she's not even pressing for one.

#ufcatomweight is needed. Fuck anyone who says otherwise, like Dim and that welcher on here....
1) It's not needed.

2) Would be prejudicial for most parties involved, excluding a few fighters who would get the spotlight and chance to fight for a title eventually, something that they may deserve, sure, but that alone doesn't make it a good idea considering the larger spectrum.

3) By being illogical and denying the truth you won't get anywhere. Your bias & fandom towards Korean MMA and Ham in particular won't crown her the #1 in the world btw.
It seems to me the only ones pushing for it are the ones who are super hard on some atomweight, like you and the Waterson diehard.

4) Reported due to, once again, fighter bashing. You're a 40+ years old bald fuck and you still didn't learn how to respect women. Shame on you, weirdo.
While I personally agree with you if I were to take my personal preferences out of the equation I think 155 beats 115. Before I looked at the ranks I would have thought that 170 did also but after looking at the ranks I changed my mind. I have 115 vs Male 145 fighting for the 2nd/ 3rd best division.
Welterweight sucks, brother. Many one dimensional fighters like Maia, Thompson, Till, Usman etc, many boring ones like Colby, Usman, Edwards to some extent..

To me, it's men's 155 > men's 145 > women's 115.
Men's 135 is also getting fun, but the lack of movement in the top of the division it's sad.

Does this mean we can sign up for private lessons with Tate like we can with the rest of their instructors?
Something tells me my wife is going to ban Singapore from our vacation list if she finds out about this.

Not really gonna talk about Yoder vs. ABC, it was pretty much both fighters fighting to their opponent's strengths and going dumb & dumber. It made my head hurt. But it does show how absolutely dogshit Mackenzie Dern's takedowns are. Cooper isn't exactly known for her wrestling and she was still able to get Yoder down a lot easier than Dern did.

Not sure what to think on Barber & Cifers. They both looked very raw but I think Cifers had better form & composure even though she was getting handled by her much larger opponent. I thought Cifers had pretty decent stance & footwork, she kept her feet under her in a good stance which was why she could eat all those shots without getting knocked over. She didn't rush her footwork or do any stupid bouncy shit and kept in a good position most of the time. Barber on the other hand had dogshit footwork, she was crossing her feet all over the place, bringing her feet together, and bouncing around all over the place for no reason. If she doesn't break those habits, the better strikers in her division will punish her badly. The good news is she's young and has a lot of time to learn, on the other hand, young athletic fighters tend to rely way too much on their physical gifts.

Pennington vs. GDR was about what I expected, Raquel gets tagged on the feet and doesn't like it, then goes for takedowns. What I didn't expect was for Pennington to keep trying for clinch takedowns when that was failing instead of dropping down & grabbing a leg. Germaine had a weak overhook that wasn't going to stop a level change and Pennington only tried for a leg once and bailed on it for some reason. When Anna Elmose got further at taking GDR down than you did, you've got some work to do.

Amanda seems to end fighters' (competitive) careers. Here's hoping she can do it one more time.

Jarl

Yoder v ABC. I thought Cooper won the first two rounds and the fight due to being more aggressive on the feet and trying for more submissions even from bottom position.

Barber v Cifers. Barber's vicious with elbows and g & p. Cifers took the fight on short notice. Hoping she does well in her next performance because I like her toughness & style.

GDR v Pennington. GDR still has good range, jab & right hook. Her takedown defense was outstanding. Pennington got her in the clinch a few times but couldn't get the takedown.

Leto said:
#ufcatomweight is needed. Fuck anyone who says otherwise, like Dim and that welcher on here....

1) It's not needed.

2) Would be prejudicial for most parties involved, excluding a few fighters who would get the spotlight and chance to fight for a title eventually, something that they may deserve, sure, but that alone doesn't make it a good idea considering the larger spectrum.

Ive explained why im not in favor of a UFC 105lb division and I stand by my arguments.

UFC have honestly made a ballsup of all the womens divisions. The matchmaking in 115 is a joke at times, fighters begging for fights on twitter, struggling to get fights. 125lb doesnt even have a champion after a year, 135lb is a wasteland with very little new talent, and 145, despite all their promises still only has 3 fighters (and they ran a TUF 145lb tournament that doesn't even have the top 145'ers in it).

UFC have time and again shown that they will screw things up as much as they possibly can.

meanwhile in Asia, we have ONE, Rpad FC and others, not only taking womens MMA seriously but also doing a great job with it. The majority of the top 105'ers are asian (and you can argue that but the vast majority of the top ten at 105 is Asian, thats not in debate).

Why would they want to come to the UFC, get given shitty matchups, fight once a year, and have to beg for shit, when they can stay in Asia, earn good money and get treated with a great deal of respect.

Put simply, UFC cant be trusted to give 105 the respect it deserves, so they shouldnt bloody have it.

Im not opposed to a 105lb division in teh ufc because i hate the girls, or dont want them to be succesful, or hate the 105lb division. Its completely the opposite. I care about the division and the girls in it and the UFC will fuck it up

Ive explained why im not in favor of a UFC 105lb division and I stand by my arguments.

UFC have honestly made a ballsup of all the womens divisions. The matchmaking in 115 is a joke at times, fighters begging for fights on twitter, struggling to get fights. 125lb doesnt even have a champion after a year, 135lb is a wasteland with very little new talent, and 145, despite all their promises still only has 3 fighters (and they ran a TUF 145lb tournament that doesn't even have the top 145'ers in it).

UFC have time and again shown that they will screw things up as much as they possibly can.

meanwhile in Asia, we have ONE, Rpad FC and others, not only taking womens MMA seriously but also doing a great job with it. The majority of the top 105'ers are asian (and you can argue that but the vast majority of the top ten at 105 is Asian, thats not in debate).

Why would they want to come to the UFC, get given shitty matchups, fight once a year, and have to beg for shit, when they can stay in Asia, earn good money and get treated with a great deal of respect.

Put simply, UFC cant be trusted to give 105 the respect it deserves, so they shouldnt bloody have it.

Im not opposed to a 105lb division in teh ufc because i hate the girls, or dont want them to be succesful, or hate the 105lb division. Its completely the opposite. I care about the division and the girls in it and the UFC will fuck it up
I can tell you don’t actually pay attention to what goes on with the ladies divisions in aasia, just reading this post.

I can tell you don’t actually pay attention to what goes on with the ladies divisions in aasia, just reading this post.

Yeah. No one is doing a great job with women's 105 other than - possibly - Invicta. And I am not always happy with them. At least getting more money for an equal level of fuckery is nice. If you are going to get bent over, you might as well earn.

so you are saying...

+ The ufc havnt fucked up the 145lb division badly
+ that TUF 145 is full of 145lb fighters
+ that fighters arent going a year between fights in some cases
+ that fighters arent having to beg for fights on social media or do their own matchmaking
+ that the ufc havnt made an utter pigsear of 125lb
+ that even at 115 they seem to have managed to give the champion a year off
+ that the matchmaking all makes total sense?>

you are saying all these things are false and the UFC can be trusted to run a 105lb division?

I said before, i appreciate you are trying to move into the journalist/blogging sphere and there is a reservation to bite the hand that feeds, but there is no denying that when it comes to womens divisions the UFC do far more wrong than they do right.

I hope they dont open 105 and that the Asian orgs can make it a real prestige division.
I also hope Cyborg gets out of her contract in the spring and heads to Bellator who are at least serious about building 145

I dont understand why someone so passionate about wmma cannot recognise the ufc's many shortcomings when it comes to promoting and running womens divisions. The only possible argument I see for supporting 105 in the UFC is the athletes (some of them anyway) will get more exposure to US audiences than they would in Road, Invicta, One etc.

you also in all your conversations about this refuse to actually address the points people raise or the issues they bring up. Your post above being another perfect example of ignoring the concerns raised.

so you are saying...

+ The ufc havnt fucked up the 145lb division badly
+ that TUF 145 is full of 145lb fighters

I will assume you meant filled with 135ers. The UFC has messed up a lot of things but 145 is terrible independent of the UFC. Show me one promotion where 145 is thriving. The problem with your second statement is that that those 135ers are better than the 145ers they replaced. 135 has a serious lack of talent right now. Well 145 wish it were as good as 135 is. If you don't include blown up 135ers who fought at 145 I don't think 145 has ever been close to the talent level of 135. We all know the only reason why they even have 145 is for Cyborg.

+ that fighters arent going a year between fights in some cases
+ that fighters arent having to beg for fights on social media or do their own matchmaking

It is well known that the UFC has to offer you fights ever 3 or 4 months. This is why Bec Rawlings said 'If your favorite fighter is having long stretches between fights they are turning down fights.' This is the same reason why they offered the Diaz brothers over 50 fights when they know they will turn it down. Megan Anderson is a special case due to the lack of talented 145ers. Her time between fights is not even a year but 6 months.

+ that the ufc havnt made an utter pigsear of 125lb

Most of the problems at 125 has been self inflicted. 2 hospitalizations for title fights. A former champ who was injured for 10 months. Boring fights. The UFC major error was making that Eubanks MSG fight. The fan backlash made them fix that error.

+ that even at 115 they seem to have managed to give the champion a year off

Rose said she injured her neck. Do you want them to force Rose to fight with a bad neck? I am not sure what you expect the UFC to do.

+ that the matchmaking all makes total sense?>

We agree on this issue. UFC Matchmaking has had some problems since Joe Silva retired.

IMHO the best argument in favor of the UFC starting an atomweight division is the 'more more more' argument that it will bring more attention to this exciting group of fighters, helping develop more and stronger competition, thus opening more doors of opportunity for everyone. Especially the younger ones who will keep training and turn into the stars of the future.

The best against is that it might put too much of the best talent under one roof at the cost of draining other organizations. I want a healthy and vigorous Invicta and other organizations worldwide. The UFC has a lot of great fights that are worth watching but it comes at a steep price. Competition breeds innovation. Other organizations are making their cards more accessible to those who can watch a full card without switching to different paywalls.

Last edited:
I will assume you meant filled with 135ers. The UFC has messed up a lot of things but 145 is terrible independent of the UFC. Show me one promotion where 145 is thriving. The problem with your second statement is that that those 135ers are better than the 145ers they replaced. 135 has a serious lack of talent right now. Well 145 wish it were as good as 135 is. If you don't include blown up 135ers who fought at 145 I don't think 145 has ever been close to the talent level of 135. We all know the only reason why they even have 145 is for Cyborg.

Dandois, Harrison, Sorensen, and countless others attended tryouts. And who did they put on the show? 2-0 girls.

It is well known that the UFC has to offer you fights ever 3 or 4 months. This is why Bec Rawlings said 'If your favorite fighter is having long stretches between fights they are turning down fights.' This is the same reason why they offered the Diaz brothers over 50 fights when they know they will turn it down. Megan Anderson is a special case due to the lack of talented 145ers. Her time between fights is not even a year but 6 months.

I tend to take what Bec said with a pinch of salt. The amount of girls ive seen publicly asking Sean Shelby for fights

Most of the problems at 125 has been self inflicted. 2 hospitalizations for title fights. A former champ who was injured for 10 months. Boring fights. The UFC major error was making that Eubanks MSG fight. The fan backlash made them fix that error.

guess some would argue TUF should never have been for the belt. Too many of the big names in the division were missing from it for various reasons. I think with the benefit of hindsight they would do things differently, but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Rose said she injured her neck. Do you want them to force Rose to fight with a bad neck? I am not sure what you expect the UFC to do.

considering all the interims they have handed out, 115 is possibly the one dfivision where an autumn interim for #1 contender would actually have been a good idea.

We agree on this issue. UFC Matchmaking has had some problems since Joe Silva retired.

it was always said that Shelby was responsible for the lighter divisions and womens divisions. Its fairly clear that while he may have been "responsible" either Silva had final say, or, Silva folllowed up on Sean to make sure he was actually doing his job. It feels like most of the time the womens divisions are an afterthought for Shelby

Dimspace's reply to Leto was nothing more than a colossal straw-man argument. No one should reply to it. Every single "point" he argued against was not anything that Leto said.

Critical thinking 101.

Considering the UFC is currently deleting the male 125 pound division, adding a female 105 pound division a short while later would be astoundingly bad form.

Nevermind how poor WMMA fights that don't feature Cyborg have been in drawing revenue to begin with.

Safe to say that you won't see a 105 pound division in the UFC for a long time, if ever.

With Veterans Day being observed yesterday I was wondering how many
of the ladies in Women's MMA have served at least a 4 year term with one
of the branches of the Military and yes I'm counting the Coast Guard as well.
The two I can start with is Invicta Strawweight Kalyn Schwartz & UFC Flyweight
Liz Carmouche who both served as Marines.

Back