Official Women's Division Discussion #25

Few notes

In case you missed it in the video - former LFA matchmaker Collin Cantrell has joined the Invictafc matchmaking team. First male to hold a position there.

Team USA's LaNeisha Vinson is in the finals of the IMMAF Worlds. The rest of the finals are set as well.

https://wombatsports.wordpress.com/2018/11/14/2018-immaf-world-championships-results-updated-daily/
Damn Shannon is doing everything right these days. Another one of my major issues with Invicta was the matchmaking of their prospects. I have never heard of this guy but if he was doing the matchmaking for LFA then this is a step in the right direction with how Invicta deals with prospects.

This also reminds me of Maycee saying she was asking for the Dern fight back in LFA and did not get it. I was thinking of course she did not get it because LFA is not dumb enough to knock off one of their prospects so early in their career.

Of course my boss comes over to talk to me when I have her Insta page plastered on my screen

tenor.gif

For all people saying there are some groups in ATT:

Apparently the shoe went on the other foot because Cynthia Calvillo mocked
Joanne Calderwood for missing weight in Scotland last July then 15 months
later in Argentina she is the one missing weight by the same amount (2 lbs).

Calvillo looked like shit thanks to the cult of severe dehydration.

I had no idea Cindy Dandois fought at Bellator last night.

She apparently lost

OK, I think it is about time for Sabina to graduate from LFA. I can understand that some prospects needs some seasoning but she needs to go to a promotion that will begin to test her. No matter if its Invicta, Bellator or the UFC she has progressed passed the point where you bring prospects up super slowly. If she continues in LFA she will start be to seen as a can crusher.

Some thoughts on last night's Invicta card.

Main event Felicia Spencer RNC over Pam Bam Sorenson was a damn good fight for the vacant featherweight title. Roller coaster of exchanges. Spencer was relentless in trying to get a takedown and there were a lot of crazy grappling reversals. Pam Bam Sorenson was tough as nails, threw a bunch of good shots. Spencer has a way of pushing forward & never giving up.

Mizuki won the unanimous decision over Vivianne Pereira. Outboxed her via constant head fakes and darting in and out. Pereira couldn't find the range or get many combinations going.

Julia Avila beat the crap out of Alex Connors. Busted her nose early and kept it up until the merciful stoppage in round two. The Raging Panda went loco all fight, head kicks to the face, elbows, you name it she did it.

Kay Hansen via leg kicks in round one that must have really hurt.

Ashley Smashley Cummins got a nice victory at atomweight. She fought smart.

Erin Blanchfield got the decision versus a tough Kay Hansen at flyweight. Blanchfield is one to watch. Very poised.

Stephanie Geltmacher got the dominant decision win at flyweight. Fun fight.

OK, I think it is about time for Sabina to graduate from LFA. I can understand that some prospects needs some seasoning but she needs to go to a promotion that will begin to test her. No matter if its Invicta, Bellator or the UFC she has progressed passed the point where you bring prospects up super slowly. If she continues in LFA she will start be to seen as a can crusher.

I could see her follow the Dern path of LFA -> Invicta -> UFC and being brought up slowly along the way

Since signing with Invicta Stephanie Geltmacher has
probably made more money in bonuses then she has
in her contracted salary.

Back