Official Women's Division Discussion #25

How so? If anything, Zingano would be a great chance to Vieira get a name AND pass her in rankings, im really trying to understand your point here.

When was Zingano's last win? And what is Viera's record?

Cat's last win was Nunes and it was over three years ago, she definitely needs a win first. Set her up with McMann, if Cat takes it then they can set up the Vieira fight. I don't see Zingano in the title mix, sure she beat Nunes but that was before Nunes moved to ATT and it was way back in 2014 and Nunes has come a long way since then. Zingano's next fight should be against a fighter coming off a loss and that's the perfect opportunity for McMann to come in and take it, if not her then just set Cat up with someone that's not ranked and then give her the Vieira fight.

Zingano is towards the end of her career, and fights so rarely. Doesn't make any sense to try and coddle her towards a title. Feed her to the young.

The Male Gaze in Women’s MMA - Part 1: Genesis, Gina, and getting past Dana

The first in a series of articles where Bloody Elbow explores how the male gaze impacts the world of women’s MMA; featuring interviews with Miesha Tate, Cris Cyborg, Julie Kedzie, and more

male_gaze_feature_image_part_1.0.jpg

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/10...t=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Last edited:
22814465_1353520288103731_7303492039689603663_n.jpg

Jan Finney (11-12) will be making her return against Pam Sorensen (6-2) on November 22nd for IT Fight Series in Ohio. This will be a rare Featherweight matchup. Finney has been one of the major gatekeepers for Womens MMA in the early days. She's fought Julie Kedzie, Shayna Baszler, Miesha Tate, Cyborg, Holly Holm, and Valentina Shevchenko just to name a few. If you're able to beat Finney, you're probably legit. She's on a 3 fight win streak currently, and will be a tough test for Sorensen who is already a top Featherweight due to the fact the weight class is so shallow. Sorensen has some good wins including Nicco Montano, Brenda Gonzales, Jessy Rose-Clark, and Helena Kolesnyk in the KOTC and Invicta Promotions. The winner should be looked at as a contender at 145 outside of UFC.

When was Zingano's last win? And what is Viera's record?
How does that matters? Zingano name is much bigger and she is ahead in rankings. That's a fight that Vieira probably wants and would accept. That's like saying Rashad didn't deserved the Sam Alvey fight come on lol

An interview with Jae Choi who fought this past weekend at TFC Dream 4. translation by google.

[TFC] 'Debut 2 Winning Streaks' Choi Jae-yong, "Confidence and self-esteem seem to occur a little bit"

Choi Jae (Corian Top Team / Seong-an Save Co.), who has won two consecutive wins as a professional fighter after winning the match against Kim Eun-ha (Team Best) in TFC Dream 4 held at Daegu Citizen Gymnasium on the 27th, I had an interview.
First of all, Choi Jae-hee is more pleased than his debut when he won his second victory as a professional fighter. Compared to his debut, which was relatively uncomplicated, this game was more systematic than the preparations. I feel confident and proud as a little bit. "
Choi said to his colleagues in the Korean top team, "I was really impressed by the director's statement that there is no player stronger than the team." .

Asked if he had foresaw the victory after the game, Choi said, "I do not see much in the video, but in the clinic I usually have a lot of small fists, called elbow attacks, which I call" squeeze. "Soon after the game, When I saw a lot of it, I thought, 'You won.' "
Asked how he feels when he made his debut, he said, "My physical strength and strength seem to have improved a lot better than before," he said. "I felt weaker than I was at the time of my debut, And I have made a lot of efforts to get the basic stamina necessary for the running of the game such as mountain running, anger, and jiujitsu sparring. "

"I feel that I am more comfortable with a professional game where I am able to have only one finger glove," said Kim Eun-ha, one of the amateurs. "I thought it would have been more of my training when I mixed Kim Eun-ha with a fist or a clinch in the first round."
Choi asked, "How many percent of the game do you think you have done before the game?" "I think I've done about 40% of the game I've done," he said. I laughed.

"I actually got a lot of boxing-oriented hits, but there was not much in it," said Lee Kyung-hwan, who helped with the boxing training. "I am still very poor in terms of running the game. I feel excited because I meet my opponent. "
Choi asked me about his opponent in the near future. "I saw a player (Ki Hyun) who uploaded a video that says" I will tear down the TFC Atom class tanks in the SNS "a few days ago. I have only Kim, Eun-Ha, and I have no idea. "" I really want to try if my pot is really broken. "

Choi won against Kim Eun-ha, and performed a wonderful kissing scene with a man on the cage. I could not help but ask about the man.
Choi said, "I am surprised at the sudden behavior, after introducing Michael An, my teammate and the director of 'Body and Seoul' I am learning jiu - jitsu, and I am famous as 'chonding' I laughed shyly.
I asked him again if he could introduce him as a boyfriend. "It would be appreciated if you could say" lover. "He relieved the burden of the reporter.

Article in original Korea, plus a few pics: http://m.sportsw.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=7274

How does that matters? Zingano name is much bigger and she is ahead in rankings. That's a fight that Vieira probably wants and would accept. That's like saying Rashad didn't deserved the Sam Alvey fight come on lol

Because I think Zingano's current ranking is an absolute joke. I like her well enough, but she has not had a win in years.

Because I think Zingano's current ranking is an absolute joke. I like her well enough, but she has not had a win in years.
Well i agree, but still a fact that a win over Zingano would do more for Ketlen than a win over Ketlen would help Zingano. That's the fight to make.

Well i agree, but still a fact that a win over Zingano would do more for Ketlen than a win over Ketlen would help Zingano. That's the fight to make.

You keep asserting this. A win over anyone is a good win for Zingano at this point. Kellen is a great prospect and should be treated accordingly.

You keep asserting this. A win over anyone is a good win for Zingano at this point. Kellen is a great prospect and should be treated accordingly.
Yes, she should, who you would give her instead of Zingano then? Cat is someone with a big name, experienced enough to test her but who isn't active (a advantage to Ketlen).

The Male Gaze in Women’s MMA - Part 2: The UFC's ultimate beauty contest

The second in a series of articles where Bloody Elbow explores how the male gaze impacts the world of women’s MMA; featuring interviews with Miesha Tate, Cris Cyborg, Julie Kedzie, and more.

male_gaze_feature_image_part_2.0.jpg

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/10...edzie-cyborg-dana-wmma-ufc-mma-interview-news

As for Hill's comments regarding Paige Van Zant's push, Hill neglected to factor-in that Paige's debut fight was actually not introduced with any push (it was only a UFC Fight Pass prelim fight), but that same debut fight--which Paige won--earned a Fight Of The Night award (and a standing ovation from the audience, according to the announcers). So at least part of Paige's early push stemmed from her actual fight performance quality.

Pearl mentioned part of the upside of the "male gaze", but another part that I don't see emphasized involves the matter of sponsors and the high cost of MMA coaching/training. If the "male gaze" helps some women to quickly grow followings on Instagram and other social media, and the size of such followings influences sponsors to help support training/coaching costs, then it may be that the "male gaze" offers advantages to female fighters, over male fighters, starting out, or not yet in the UFC where the Reebok deal would nullify this advantage considerably.

As for Hill's comments regarding Paige Van Zant's push, Hill neglected to factor-in that Paige's debut fight was actually not introduced with any push (it was only a UFC Fight Pass prelim fight), but that same debut fight--which Paige won--earned a Fight Of The Night award (and a standing ovation from the audience, according to the announcers). So at least part of Paige's early push stemmed from her actual fight performance quality.

Pearl mentioned part of the upside of the "male gaze", but another part that I don't see emphasized involves the matter of sponsors and the high cost of MMA coaching/training. If the "male gaze" helps some women to quickly grow followings on Instagram and other social media, and the size of such followings influences sponsors to help support training/coaching costs, then it may be that the "male gaze" offers advantages to female fighters, over male fighters, starting out, or not yet in the UFC where the Reebok deal would nullify this advantage considerably.

Pearl didn't mention it, but I think someone mentioned either earlier in the article, or in the previous article.

Pearl didn't mention it, but I think someone mentioned either earlier in the article, or in the previous article.

I didn't see it in either article. Especially not as regarding possibly giving women fighters an economic advantage over men with respect to meeting training/coaching expenses.

Pearl mentioned part of the upside of the "male gaze", but another part that I don't see emphasized involves the matter of sponsors and the high cost of MMA coaching/training.

its only part 2 of a 5 part series. give it time, hard to judge on what was missed, until weve had all five parts. Theres also a huge amount to cover and trying to cover everything even in five parts is probably going to be difficult

I really think the reebok think is overdone, they only have to wear reebok for a few days around the fight, if they fight three times a year we are talking like 2 weeks a year spent wearing reebok.

the rest of the time they can promote guurl or whatever other gear they are wearing all over instagram (which many of them do) as well as the usual food sponsors (why do all fighters have these home delivered meal things) supplement sponsors etc

The truth is Hill is a boring fighter, sorry, had to say it. Beauty has nothing to do with that, Andrade is up there and everyone loves her.

The truth is Hill is a boring fighter, sorry, had to say it. Beauty has nothing to do with that, Andrade is up there and everyone loves her.

I don't think Angela Hill is a boring fighter.
BlankHonorableJohndory.gif

I think too many Sherdoggers make too much out of the boring, high altitude, gassing-out, wrestle-f@#k of Tecia Torres vs Angela Hill at Mexico City.

Back