SHIM YU-RI : 48.2kg (PASS)
SHI MING : 48.4kg (PASS)

2nd OPENWEIGHT BOUT
KIM YOUNG-JI : 67.4kg (PASS)
ROWAN PILGER : 64.0kg (PASS)

1st -48kg ATOMWEIGHT BOUT
HONG YUN-HA : 47.4kg (PASS)
BAEK HYEON-JU : 50.9kg, 50.55 (FAIL) Deduct 10 points per round

According to Road FC’s infinite scoring system, a 10 point deficit is so egregious that Baek needs to finish in order to win. She has no chance to win a decision. No mention of forfeiture or pay, but I imagine that is part of it as well.

man i hope they find a replacement, maybe Ju Thai? or Poly? fuck where's Dern fat ass at, i need Grasso to stay on the card
<DCrying>

I'm sure they will there's alot of jungle fight girls with good looking records they can call last minute.

I'm sure they will there's alot of jungle fight girls with good looking records they can call last minute.
yeah but there's a good chance that if no brazilian strawweight currently in UFC steps in, UFC decides to move Grasso to other card to fight someone else in Phoenix or some shit, i hope not :oops:

48231490_2034374039988626_7831908950571220992_n.jpg

yeah but there's a good chance that if no brazilian strawweight currently in UFC steps in, UFC decides to move Grasso to other card to fight someone else in Phoenix or some shit, i hope not :oops:
There's Virna Jandiroba as an option. Would they give Grasso to her?

There's Virna Jandiroba as an option. Would they give Grasso to her?

*Eagle emoji*

I would like to see both Maira Mazar & Viviane Aruajo getting into the UFC sooner than later too.

Last edited:

The Moyle/Van Buren fight is now officially a flyweight one.

Just got back from the weigh-ins for Invicta. My impressions:

I think every guy in the room appreciated what Ashlynn Kleinbeck brought to the table.
Bunch of guys standing around me, I believe they were all with Van Buren, and they believe Moyle didn’t even try cutting weight.
Alesha Zappitella’s weight cut was non existent. She was out at the Cheesecake Factory eating yesterday.
TJ DeSantis didn’t remember meeting me back in July, but he did recognize me from my videos. When I asked what he though, he gave a non commital answer. He said he had watched the fight companion, though.

Overall, I’ve been having a shitty trip. Got sick on my destination flight yesterday, and have been losing fluids ever since. The weigh-ins were the longest period I’ve left my room for yet.

It's sounding like Jessy Jess will be pulling a Sijara Eubanks and moving up to 135. With this now being the case and the UFC seeminly not signing any new 135ers right now it's almost like the UFC's new strategy for 135 is waiting for the overweight 125ers to move up.

It's sounding like Jessy Jess will be pulling a Sijara Eubanks and moving up to 135. With this now being the case and the UFC seeminly not signing any new 135ers right now it's almost like the UFC's new strategy for 135 is waiting for the overweight 125ers to move up.
It's not like there are many 135ers out there to UFC sign though. I think worldwide speaking there aren't even 5 decent fighters who should be in UFC.

Which 135 should they sign anyway?
Kaufman and Facsholz already were there anyway, and other girls from Invicta don't seem really interesting at this point.

Outside of Invicta, I only see Dyshekova and Jojua somewhat worthy signing

What are some other examples of people missing by a lot? Gabi Garcia missed by so much she got shamed by Rizin. Can't recall how much she was over.

Last edited:
That's so much it still makes me laugh. What are some other examples? Gabi Garcia missed by a lot and then get shamed by Rizin. Can't recall how much she was over.
IMG_9058.png

Her opponent was pissed lol

What are some other examples of people missing by a lot?

Maycee Barber was 123.4 for her strawweight fight with Mallory Martin, a couple of shows later Mallory's opponent weighed in at 133 and Martin refused the fight. Mallory was a pound over herself in her last Invicta appearance.

Alejandra Lara was game throughout, but she needs to work on her striking. Juliana Velasquez was able to tag her with more effective strikes, despite all the movement from Lara and she wasn't able to get her BJJ game going from the bottom. With Bellator's 125 division being thin, wouldn't surprise me if Velasquez isn't far from a title shot.

Alejandra Lara does have one of the best walkouts in MMA.

Alejandra Lara was game throughout, but she needs to work on her striking. Juliana Velasquez was able to tag her with more effective strikes, despite all the movement from Lara and she wasn't able to get her BJJ game going from the bottom.

To be fair to Lara, and as someone who bet a large amount of money against her no less, she has improved considerably in every single one of her Bellator fights.

The Lara of her Bellator debut against Lena Ovchynnikova would get squashed like a bug by Juliana Velasquez, possibly in under a minute. Even the Lara of her fight against MacFarlane gets dominated and stopped well within the distance, too.

While I thought she lost all three rounds, the fact that Lara had a close first round and lasted the distance is a testament to how much better she has gotten. Hell, just look at her pathetic, disastrous stance in her Bellator debut versus now. Everything has improved; her wrestling, ground game, and especially her striking.

If she keeps it up, Lara might be a top 3 125 pounder in a couple of years.

Also, Eric Colon's unconscionable 29-28 for Lara is one of the worst scorecards of the entire year, and not for lack of competition. There is literally no way anyone could give rounds 2 or 3 to Lara. Colon should not be juding fights.

Nintendomark said:
With Bellator's 125 division being thin

Whose 125 division isn't thin? Incidentally, Velasquez would probably be even money or better against Jessica Eye, who might get a title shot against Valentina. (ugh)

Back