Official Women's Division Discussion #25

The last 2 or 3 Invictas were pretty boring for me, but this latest one was a marked improvement

That black girl in the first fight was awesome.

Jacobsen botching that belly to belly and landing right into the armbar was hilarious.

That girl 'bombshell' came to fight.

That Zapitella girl is cute as hell and pretty damn good just like last time. She looked freaking tiny compared to Amber though.

I thought Frey lost that fight. She had a few good moments, but I thought she lost the 1st based on aggression. They were both landing about the same, with Gusander being busier. Then she definitely lost the 2nd when she got knocked down and blitzed on, and she easily lost the 5th. 3rd and 4th were hers clearly though.

what the fuck jacobsen?
This is the second time she had done something like this. The first time happened at the start of the 1st round. She was throwing the poor girl all over the place and one botched throw ended in an armbar.

I would not have given Frey the nod. (just watched) IMO, she lost 1,2 and 5. I do not recall my precise thoughts on the last fight between the two, but I was pretty sure I had it even or slightly in favor of Mina.

Kedzie is so incredibly bias it is utterly pathetic. As both a commentator and as a match-maker. Sure, you can have friends but take a small stab at being professional.

I would not have given Frey the nod. (just watched) IMO, she lost 1,2 and 5. I do not recall my precise thoughts on the last fight between the two, but I was pretty sure I had it even or slightly in favor of Mina.

Kedzie is so incredibly bias it is utterly pathetic. As both a commentator and as a match-maker. Sure, you can have friends but take a small stab at being professional.
TJ and Kedzie seemed scared to say anything good about Grusander because last time Frey was super pissed off at their commentary.

This is the second time she had done something like this. The first time happened at the start of the 1st round. She was throwing the poor girl all over the place and one botched throw ended in an armbar.

Yeah and the second one with 40 seconds remaining in a fight she had easily won was ridiculous. Stupid & unnecessary. Felt bad for Jacobson. She was stunned, then bawling when they read the decision.

Hanson's a piece of work. Evangelical Bible verses and politics on her clothing. Fights boring gets schooled and gifted the submission. Then in the post-fight interview she was all 'Fuck these motherfuckers and any fucker who wants to fight me. I'll fuck them all up!' I was laughing my ass off.

The three post fight interviews I got are now up. Link in sig.

TJ and Kedzie seemed scared to say anything good about Grusander because last time Frey was super pissed off at their commentary.

LOL noticed that too.

Last time TJ kept crediting Grusander for stalls in the clinch while not noticing Frey's elbows & fists upon exiting them. Then pretty much said it was clearly a dominant win for Grusander. Julie agreed. When it wasn't a clearly dominant win for either fighter.

This time around went like this:

TJ: Well I don't know how that round went.

Julie: I don't know either TJ!

TJ: We're so busy calling the fight. Not focused on scoring.

Julie: You got that right! It's impossible TJ!

TJ: Maybe Frey did better this time around. But we don't know how the judges will score it. Wouldn't be upset if they scored it for Jinh Yu.

Julie: Oh me either TJ!

The three post fight interviews I got are now up. Link in sig.

Nice. All three were super gracious. And you got them all to tell the UFC to add an atom weight division lol.

Hanson's a piece of work. Evangelical Bible verses and politics on her clothing. Fights boring gets schooled and gifted the submission. Then in the post-fight interview she was all 'Fuck these motherfuckers and any fucker who wants to fight me. I'll fuck them all up!' I was laughing my ass off.

She's a 19 year-old who took the fight on 9 days' notice and had a miracle win in the last minute, which was by far the biggest victory of her career.

Pretty sure she can be forgiven for being emotional and ridiculous in the postfight interview given the circumstances.

She's a 19 year-old who took the fight on 9 days' notice and had a miracle win in the last minute, which was by far the biggest victory of her career.

Pretty sure she can be forgiven for being emotional and ridiculous in the postfight interview given the circumstances.

A Christmas miracle.

Fuck yeah!

Jade Masson-Wong is fighting for the inaugural TKO 125lbs belt in february

I really enjoyed this highlight video of Valentina. I have noticed that to really appreciate what Valentina is doing you need to see some of her fights in slow motion. During real time a mostly counter fighter can sometimes be boring but when you see how fast she is reacting in slow motion I just love it. The part where she slightly avoided Joanna's spinning back fist and in the same motion she used to avoid it she hit Joanna with her own spinning elbow had me like {<redford}.

I really enjoyed this highlight video of Valentina. I have noticed that to really appreciate what Valentina is doing you need to see some of her fights in slow motion. During real time a mostly counter fighter can sometimes be boring but when you see how fast she is reacting in slow motion I just love it. The part where she slightly avoided Joanna's spinning back fist and in the same motion she used to avoid it she hit Joanna with her own spinning elbow had me like {<redford}.

And I, after seeing this, start to think that Holly Holm has an iron chin.
Not only she absorbed all Cyborg shots, but some hooks Valentina gave her would've shaken other women big time.

Cause it should be of interest here too. I posted the youtube vid of the Ham/Park fight in the Road 51 thead - the video title spoils the result, so if that bothers you don't open the spoiler tags :)

Fun Invicta. I liked the Frey/Grusander, the insane ending of Jacobson/Hansen, Zapatella/Brown and the whole of the prelim card. Heck, even Taylor was decent (though still never gonna forgive the Ham fight) Also, WTF Moyle? With the weight thing and that performance....

Thanks for posting the Ham/Park video, I quite enjoyed it. It seemed to me that things were pretty even standing, but the grappling, not so much. I’ve been a fan of Ham for a little while now, and I believe I’d like to see more of Park as well.

Thanks for posting the Ham/Park video, I quite enjoyed it. It seemed to me that things were pretty even standing, but the grappling, not so much. I’ve been a fan of Ham for a little while now, and I believe I’d like to see more of Park as well.
Park has good striking, and her movement and footwork are legit. Her big weakness is defensive wrestling, and unless Team Strong Wolf brings in a top notch wrestling coach, that likely won't change unfortunately. Ham seemed a little slow, but it could have been ring rust.

When you boil it down, Park isn't a pushover, and anyone that thought this was just a can crushing opportunity for Ham was just showing their ignorance. That said, hopefully they'll bring in a foreign fighter for Ham's next defense.

Marina Rodriguez injured, out of UFC Fortaleza fight with Alexa Grasso
By Guilherme Cruz Dec 17, 2018
https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/12...guez-injured-ufc-fortaleza-fight-alexa-grasso

"According to sources, Rodriguez suffered a hand injury and should be sidelined for a month and is expected to be able to fight again in March.

The UFC didn’t mention if Grasso will be given another opponent, but Invicta FC strawweight champion Virna Jandiroba went on her social media to volunteer to take the spot."

Last edited:
I’m pretty high on Jandiroba, I would very much like to see how she’d do in the UFC.

I'd like to see her standup before deciding that..........

Very true. It will be interesting to see if she can deal with someone who can stop her takedowns. I’d still like to see her get her shot.

Back