Official Women's Division Discussion #25

Sucks to see Faria go 0-2
She’s still valuable to the division in my opinion because she’s a skilled vet who could be successful with the right match ups

I didn't see the fights. Which had the most action?

Aldana's followed by Eye. Followed by Aldrich.
I think in the eye fight they were both plagued by poor ground technique though. The scramble was fun to watch, but I get the sense either should have finished the other in round 1. If I knew anything about BJJ besides what I've picked up watching fights, I'd comment more.

Don't have cable so haven't watched Paige yet on fight pass. Prob won't bother.

Happy for Eye for finally getting a win since like, 2014 I think? Super bummed about Faria though, I hope they give her another chance. Glad to see Aldana finally get a win too, I think she could be pretty good if she works on her defense a bit and wrestling. I'd like to see her face Lansberg or the Moras / Pudilova winner.

Someone needs teach positioning & cage awareness to Aldana, and break her of her habit of boxing with kickboxers. Her wrestling isn't terrible, she just constantly puts herself in positions where opponents get a freebie shot at her hips & legs, then she gets stuck on the fence defending grappling sequences or getting hit by strikes. You're supposed to circle away from the cage, but Aldana is depressingly good at circling into it.

KK should be too much for Felice to handle.

Felice & Karolina are both fighters who've fluked out wins they shouldn't have. Herrig seems to be getting better with each fight whereas Karolina looks like she's hit her ceiling for now, I'm giving a slight edge to Felice.

I am trying to recall how quick Felice is but know KK is one of the slower strawweights (at least to me).

Felice & Karolina are both fighters who've fluked out wins they shouldn't have. Herrig seems to be getting better with each fight whereas Karolina looks like she's hit her ceiling for now, I'm giving a slight edge to Felice.

That should be a fun fight, looking forward to it. Can't count Felice out at this point.

havent seen invicta yet, glad jj aldrich exposed taylor shortcomings (pun intended)
rose clark managed to be slightly less derpy than van zant, neither of them are a danger to the division
im gonna rename eye the cat, cos she has 9 lives, how faria managed to throw that fight is a mystery.
aldana looked more like her old self
also,those assholes whooping is annoying as fuck

Last edited:
I was expecting Eye to be a lot bigger than Faria because the latter has made 115. I didn’t see much difference though, I guess Eye will be more of an average sized flyweight then a big one like I thought she would be.

Well. My trip ended up being cancelled late last night. So I have time to goof off on Sherdog some more. Probably going on it next month instead.

I had been avoiding posting too much about the, then, upcoming fights from this last weekend because I would have wanted to get into more details and discussions then I would have had time for. A bit disappointing in that regard.

I enjoyed Invicta's event. The people I felt were likely to win did so, for the most part. I hadn't felt strongly about Walker-Sanchez vs. Muraski and may have gone more for Muraski (whom I thought won the fight by a close margin) but that is mostly from Walker-Sanchez not having fought in a while rather then Muraski being a (noticeably) better fighter. I had been waffling in my thoughts on Loma vs Wang but had been favoring Loma from the first and mostly sticking with that ...Loma did very well, better in some ways then I was expecting. Those where the fights I had felt the most conflicted about who might win. (I don't see a point in going into further details - Edit)

The UFC fights were entertaining but not that special.

Sort of glad Eye got a win but I like Faria and would have like her to get a win. I felt a bit conflicted on that one. I hadn't even spent that much time thinking about it though.

I usually go for Aldrich and had her more so over Taylor. Aldrich is well rounded, long, and an overall good fighter while Taylor is good in her own ways has such a height and reach disparity vs many opponents.

I figured Aldana would win her fight as long as she kept it together. She is really big but still has holes in her game.

Rough luck for VanZant getting the broken arm in round one. VanZant has always had some heart and toughness to her despite her continued short comings - I respect her willingness to keep gong despite her injury.

I had posted some on Rose-Clark and had been concerned about her state of mind and her conditioning after training and cutting a fair amount of weight over the past 8-9 weeks (Edit - two fights). I expected a little more from Jess regardless but VanZant often makes fights weird or different then people would expect them to go.

Last edited:
I am trying to recall how quick Felice is but know KK is one of the slower strawweights (at least to me).
Felice is not fast either, but there is a massive difference in durability between the two women of it stays a kickboxing bout. (In KKs favor)

I think it resembles Herrig/Kish of it goes in Herrigs favor, or KK mauls her in the clinch if it goes in her favor.

havent seen invicta yet, glad jj aldrich exposed taylor shortcomings (pun intended)
rose clark managed to be slightly less derpy than van zant, neither of them are a danger to the division
im gonna rename eye the cat, cos she has 9 lives, how faria managed to throw that fight is a mystery.
also,those assholes whooping is annoying as fuck
The wooing is the worst. I'm going to UFC 220 on Saturday and I almost said a prayer to prevent it. (On that note, it'll be interesting to see if Moyle can duplicate Esparza's game)

All 4 Flyweight fighters sort of dissapoiunted me last night. None looked like contenders, to me. Perhaps they should give Clark to Eubanks, Davis or Murphy? Gives those ladies a win over someone on a streak anyways. I'd like to see Honchak back in there soon, maybe against Fabian or Faria.

I am looking forward to Herrig vs. Kowalkiewicz. Should be a fun fight.

Watched all the Invicta FC and UFC fights this weekend. Lots of highlights and my favorite was seeing Loma Lookboonmee. She looks like the real deal & should be especially when she cleans up the knee kicks. Cool that she's friends with Mallory Martin who gave her a shout out after Martin won. Great night for Tiger Muay Thai in Phuket where they both train. Look forward to seeing Loma again soon. She's tough as nails & a very exciting fighter.

I am looking forward to Herrig vs. Kowalkiewicz. Should be a fun fight.

Same here & if I've learned anything from my relatively short time watching fights it's that they're nearly impossible to predict before they actually occur. :)

Same here & if I've learned anything from my relatively short time watching fights it's that they're nearly impossible to predict before they actually occur. :)

Agreed. All kinds of crazy stuff can happen. Crap judges too.

ok just watched the first invicta bout, ripley doin the stanky leg style before she got hit with the first punch, weirdest shit ive ever seen :D

Back