Official Women's Divisions Dicussion Thread #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she needs to be repeatedly tweeting directly to sean shelby, not just tweeting out to her followers.

First of all, she needs a new manager. Because the current is doing a poor job.
Imho.

Raquel cut some of her hair to make weight...

[YT]4xwRrHfD_KE[/YT]

AstroGOAT says she blew her knee in the 2nd round vs PVZ.

Chambers certainly seems kinda fragile (adding to her aura of 'not athletic'ism); she said before that she blew her ACL celebrating her 2nd win (maybe it's the same knee?). She also said she couldn't train for several years in her 20s due to an arm injury (wonder what that could have been).

-----------------

ps: I like the 'Joanna and Claudia are the only two I like' (or 'Joanna and Ronda', or just 'Joanna' 'are the only women fighters I'll watch'), or 'Joanna and Claudia are the only good fighters in that division' lines that are kinda common about now (you can tell those guys haven't seen many of the fighters in that div) but this variation on that theme from another board made me lol;

'I think Paige runs through everyone at 115 except Joanna and maybe Claudia.'

:icon_lol:

Last edited:
I am surprised Aleksandra Albu has been waiting so long for her next fight after an impressive debut.

PVZ strikes me as being like a prime Diego Sanchez- great heart and will, very slick in scrambles, unlikely to get subbed so will put herself in dangerous spots so she can do damage on the ground, good top game, damn good cardio and pressure, okayish standup but lacks the overall elite game to really make it to the championship level.

With Diego- the real hindrance was that there were always going to be people who were superior strikers to him and superior wrestlers to him. In the scrambles and in the top game bjj department I'd put him right up there with the best in his class, but if he can't take you down and you're a better striker than him, then what? Then you get cases like his bout vs penn or vs Kampmann where he's getting dissected by technically superior people.

I feel that's what paige will eventually face in someone like Esparza or someone like Joanna or Gadelha. The deficit in the wrestling (unable to take them down) and the deficit in the striking (granted Esparzas striking is not high level but it complements her wrestling nicely) will give Paige a bunch of problems.

Against people like Waterson and Tecia, paige might make a go of it because she's active enough and well rounded enough that she can make a case for herself (I still think Tecia beats her in a rematch). But against the tier right above them where Joanna and Gadelha and JAG and Esparza sit, she would have a ton of trouble in my opinion.

I look at future fights for paige and I think the ones that will really give me more insight into how high her ceiling in the division is are people like Markos and Rose. Of she could beat either of those I'd be highly impressed. But I see those as very tough fights for her as well.

Great thing about Paige though is she is so young that she has a ton of time to develop.

hmm after fighting a unranked opponent
Dat hype.
Just hurry feed her to JJ/Claudia/randa and get it over with.
Paige is on a 4 fight win streak with one of those wins being against (at the time) a top 10 fighter (Herrig). Randa is 2-2 in her last 4 fights and of the 2 wins only one was really legit in Aisling.

Amateur bantamweight Amberlynn Orr is apparently turning pro and likely joining Invicta FC.

On Sept. 5 she posted the following to facebook (I've edited it down greatly in length):

1 min and 46 seconds into rd number 1 via TKO . Your winner ‪#‎ANDSTILL‬ V3fights 135 CHAMPION!!!
...Invicta Fighting Championships here I come!!!!!!! ‪#‎youaintseennothingyet‬ ‪#‎blessed‬ #11-1
Ohhh and did I mention IM GOING PRO!!??!

Shannon Knapp replied on September 6:

See you soon!

To which Amberlynn replied:

BEST COMMENT EVER!!!!! :D

Not an official announcement, true, but it seems like a strong indicator.

~~~
Amberlynn, on the left, facing off with her most recent opponent:

11949325_684489138317391_6529713455960252668_n.jpg

Last edited:
It appears that Randa agrees with me!

The only sure shot at a fight at this time is the Mexico Card on Nov. 21st, which JAG is campaigning for a slot on, and might just get it.

This is if she can't get on the Rousey card, fighting with Moroz.

The only sure shot at a fight at this time is the Mexico Card on Nov. 21st, which JAG is campaigning for a slot on, and might just get it.

This is if she can't get on the Rousey card, fighting with Moroz.

Either sounds great to me!

The #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10 ranked women's straweights have not fought the champion. So they have her fight the #11 ranked. Juliana Lima is ranked #14, but she went to a decisio against the titleholder, something the others outside of Gadelha may have difficulty doing.

Based off of Invicta fights, who would have expected Paige Van Zant to be ranked higher in the UFC than Joanne Calderwood?

Based off of Invicta fights, who would have expected Paige Van Zant to be ranked higher in the UFC than Joanne Calderwood?

Yeah that's nuts. When TUF 20 started I would have thought you were insane to suggest Vanzant might even possibly have a slight chance to beat Jojo. I still think Vanzant would get stuck in the woodchipper that is Calderwood's clinch game, but I wouldn't be super confident anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back