Official Women's Divisions Dicussion Thread #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am surprised Aleksandra Albu has been waiting so long for her next fight after an impressive debut.

I'm not....

sean-shelby-robbie-lawler-prank-video.jpg

PVZ strikes me as being like a prime Diego Sanchez- great heart and will, very slick in scrambles, unlikely to get subbed so will put herself in dangerous spots so she can do damage on the ground, good top game, damn good cardio and pressure, okayish standup but lacks the overall elite game to really make it to the championship level.

With Diego- the real hindrance was that there were always going to be people who were superior strikers to him and superior wrestlers to him. In the scrambles and in the top game bjj department I'd put him right up there with the best in his class, but if he can't take you down and you're a better striker than him, then what? Then you get cases like his bout vs penn or vs Kampmann where he's getting dissected by technically superior people.

I feel that's what paige will eventually face in someone like Esparza or someone like Joanna or Gadelha. The deficit in the wrestling (unable to take them down) and the deficit in the striking (granted Esparzas striking is not high level but it complements her wrestling nicely) will give Paige a bunch of problems.

Against people like Waterson and Tecia, paige might make a go of it because she's active enough and well rounded enough that she can make a case for herself (I still think Tecia beats her in a rematch). But against the tier right above them where Joanna and Gadelha and JAG and Esparza sit, she would have a ton of trouble in my opinion.

I look at future fights for paige and I think the ones that will really give me more insight into how high her ceiling in the division is are people like Markos and Rose. Of she could beat either of those I'd be highly impressed. But I see those as very tough fights for her as well.

Great thing about Paige though is she is so young that she has a ton of time to develop.

Pretty much my exact feelings. Very nicely put.

Wooooo!!!!! PaigeVanChamp moving up the ranks! More than ready for that title shot.

#PVZisready

Paige is on a 4 fight win streak with one of those wins being against (at the time) a top 10 fighter (Herrig). Randa is 2-2 in her last 4 fights and of the 2 wins only one was really legit in Aisling.

Randa is ranked that way because of her performances on TUF.

PVZ however yes, she is on a streak. But it's funny to move her higher than others in the actual rankings when she just fought a unranked opponent. If anything leave her at her current rank until she fights a ranked opponent. But these damn ranking things make no sense anyway.

Wooooo!!!!! PaigeVanChamp moving up the ranks! More than ready for that title shot.

#PVZisready

I kind of wish they would :p

Lol Paige gets ranked over Randa, by ducking her and by fighting the easiest opponent possible.
This shit is just too dumb.

Alexa Grasso took to Facebook today, she's seeking ideas for T-shirts for her and her team.

Jola Hooooooola!
Su Necesito su opinion porfavor....quiero hacer playeras de mi
academia y mias, claro.
Solo quisiera saber que elementos (fotos, letras, colores, disenos) les
gustaria que tenga para que la usen.
Pueden darme ideas :redface:

facebook translated it for me as:
Hello Helloooooo!
Today I need your opinion please...I want to make t-shirts of my academy and mine, of course.
I'd just like to know that elements (Photos, letters, colors, designs) would you like to have for its use.
Can you give me ideas :redface:

can anyone tell me what the first referee stand up was for in this fight?

id also like an opinion on the result of this fight, do you think it was the correct decision? cheers

The MMA Hour: Episode 297 / Valerie Letourneau - 1:48:52

Letourneau about Jędrzejczyk "I am not impressed...."

[YT]t2Jn1572ve8[/YT]

Valerie Letourneau says that fighters cut 10 to 12, maybe even as much as 15 pounds of water weight in the 24 hours before the weigh in.

Lol Paige gets ranked over Randa, by ducking her and by fighting the easiest opponent possible.
This shit is just too dumb.

Somewhere out there, Sean Shelby is sneering at your accusatory tone, Woliwo.

UFC-186-The-Matchmakers-Rampage-Jackson-vs.-Fabio-Maldonado.jpg

He's probably gonna delay the Randa fight for another 3 months because of this. Thanks alot, Woliwo!!! :(

For those of you who don't know, that picture above is a webcam grab taken on one of the rare occasions when Sean shows up to the UFC offices (so it's either 10:30AM on a Tuesday, or late Thurday afternoon when everybody is heading out), when Sean Shelby is contractually obligated to log into his workstation. I believe that moment he was checking his work email to see if the couple hundred unread messages from female fighters asking, pleading for a fight are still there.

After that picture was taken, he quickly logged off, caught in the act of sheer indifference and annoyance of it all. To clear his head, he spends an hour and a half at Human Resources waiting for his paycheck, and then wanders into Dana's office asking if he can go home already.

Sean 'Oh yeah, I forgot we have a Women's division....oh yeah, we have two, don't we?' Shelby.

Somewhere out there, Sean Shelby is sneering at your accusatory tone, Woliwo.

UFC-186-The-Matchmakers-Rampage-Jackson-vs.-Fabio-Maldonado.jpg

He's probably gonna delay the Randa fight for another 3 months because of this. Thanks alot, Woliwo!!! :(
Well that wouldn't be very nice. Good thing he most likely doesn't give a fuck what little me thinks :icon_chee

Still it's such a waste not giving healthy and willing fighters matches. Especially fighters that are fun to watch.

Haha Shelby reads this thread. You can just make fun of his lack of matchmaking you don't have make fun of his version of young Ronda photos :).

Could Randa Markos be next for UFC star Paige VanZant?
By: Eric Holden AXS Contributor Sep 9, 2015

UFC strawweight star Randa Markos has been openly campaigning for a fight with Paige "12 Gauge" VanZant. Markos, 30, re-tweeted several fans who called for the UFC to put the match together.

She also posted a few of her own tweets, kindly asking UFC matchmaker Sean Shelby to set her up with a scrap against the fast-rising youngster...

...Will Markos' social media strategy work?...

A Twitter call-out is a power move that has worked for several fighters in the past. As most UFC fans know, Liz Carmouche earned the first crack at Ronda Rousey inside the UFC's world-famous Octagon, by flooding Shelby and Dana White's Twitter timeline will fan requests to put the fight together.

Markos is utilizing the same strategy for a shot at VanZant, arguably the UFC's most popular strawweight superstar. Does the fight make sense? There's no doubt about it.

She "re-tweeted several fans"? I wonder who those fans could be? :icon_lol:

No, I'm implying that I expect that the fans spearheading this twitter campaign are contributors to this thread, yourself in particular. :)

I figured either that or my first guess... :redface: :icon_lol:

You're not wrong!

Randa Markos - From Iraq to UFC

342e5d6ba3bbd3278a1e69b57bc84c71.png

My name is Randa Markos, and I am a professional mixed martial arts (MMA) fighter. I would like to start off by telling you all a little about myself. I am currently ranked sixth in the world in the UFC straw weight (115 lb) weight class.

I was born in Baghdad, Iraq in 1985. Because of the war between Iraq and Iran, my family (my parents, sister and brother) and I decided to leave the country. My father was a soldier and knew that if he stayed, he would be killed. After a long journey as refugees in Turkey, we received our visa to come live in Canada. Although it was very hard for my family to adjust to a completely different life, living in Canada gave me and my family opportunities that we would have never received in the Middle East.

Growing up, my parents were very stuck to the Middle Eastern way of women being in the kitchen, or getting married and having kids at a young age. I was too stubborn to follow that path. I joined every sport I could until I found wrestling, keeping it a secret from my family for years. After my parents refused to let me leave the city to pursue my dream, I found Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.

Two years of competing later, I took it to the next level and joined mixed martial arts. I had many reasons to give up, but something deep inside pushed me every day to be better and to continue to fulfil my dream to be the best wrestler/grappler. My MMA career has seen a two year gap of girls backing out of fights with me, yet I still pushed forward.

Pushing yourself to be better in whatever it is that you love is not easy. It's hard, it takes sacrifice, discipline and determination, and that's what makes completing a goal feel so great at the end of a long road. I feel that I most likely wouldn't be alive today if we hadn't been given a second chance by coming to Canada. Because of this, I will do whatever it takes to give life and my dream everything that I have.

http://www.evitality.ca/blog/tag/Randa+Markos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back