Official Women's MMA Discussion Thread #10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thirdpres

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
The old thread is at an end, so here goes a new one. #10.

Start of thread #9

End of thread #9

--
Another useful thread for Women's MMA.

10491977_712745015458328_1692549601298829453_n.png

TUF 20 Guide for the Strawweight Division

BrovENnCMAAWyUc.jpg

--

Stevie VanAssche

By Jason Przewoznik | June 27, 2014 at 11:13 pm

Meet Flyweight (125lb) Professional Fighter: Stevie VanAssche

10464304_10204535265329867_564926097761142860_n.jpg

Hailing from Washington, USA, Stevie VanAssche is a name that is getting some recognition in the WMMA world. Stevie holds a 2-0 Ammy Record and 1-1 as a Professional. Stevie's total cage-time between her wins has been a recorded 2-minutes and 48-seconds, which is quite impressive and shows that when she steps in the cage, she is looking to finish the fight!

Besides Stevie's impressive start to her MMA career, she is quite down to Earth and a pleasure to talk to. We had the opportunity to present our Q&A to Stevie and she was more than willing to share her life story and career goals with us.

Click below for more:

http://knockoutlounge.com/stevie-vanassche/

stevie-vanassche.jpg

--
Something useful and good to have from the previous thread ~

Another great preview from BJJ Scout
[YT]Lsma7Q0e9AI[/YT]

--
One of the last topics from the previous thread, in case people want to continue on with that.

Apparently Tina Lahdemaki has asked for Claudia Gadelha to get tested.

Yep. Inside MMA had a video clip of her on AXS TV dealing with her desire to set a high example for the incoming Strawweight Division into the UFC of no PEDs.

I was reading her blog the other day and didn't see her bringing that topic up though. Maybe she mentioned it elsewhere. Hrm.

From Lahdemaki's blog -

Midsummer was now more than a better intervention, and I could finally get to update again a little catch up on my blog. News of the agreement struck by the UFC definitely the majority, if not all, like a fist around the corner. But that is no surprise, because I do not have myself a couple of months ago did not think astuvani even during the summer's most prestigious mixed martial arts scene in the cage. This agreement made in one fell swoop all my wishes, my dreams and my fears true, but more importantly, it forced me to take a big step as a fighter, as well as grow and be strong as a person.

Click below to read more:

http://tinalahdemaki.blogspot.com/

10421170_10152304775804545_7397163069643206717_n.jpg

--

Thank you much.

1907374_527430294049546_6498341733018349836_n.jpg

JoJo's parting facebook message ~

Last session tonight with the team at The Griphouse it's been emotional to say cheerio to these wonderful guys that I spend every single day with. I couldn't ask for a better group of people...it's going to be fun training with the girls but they have nothing on the people that are behind me. Special shout out to my super midget training partner 'The legend'

Last edited:
Old thread unstuck, new thread stuck.

WAR JOJO!

Yep. Inside MMA had a video clip of her on AXS TV dealing with her desire to set a high example for the incoming Strawweight Division into the UFC of no PEDs.

I was reading her blog the other day and didn't see her bringing that topic up though. Maybe she mentioned it elsewhere. Hrm.

From Lahdemaki's blog -

Midsummer was now more than a better intervention, and I could finally get to update again a little catch up on my blog. News of the agreement struck by the UFC definitely the majority, if not all, like a fist around the corner. But that is no surprise, because I do not have myself a couple of months ago did not think astuvani even during the summer's most prestigious mixed martial arts scene in the cage. This agreement made in one fell swoop all my wishes, my dreams and my fears true, but more importantly, it forced me to take a big step as a fighter, as well as grow and be strong as a person.

Click below to read more:

http://tinalahdemaki.blogspot.com/

I wasn't aware of the video clip but this is where I got it from:

https://twitter.com/WombatSports/status/482700337745526784

Claudia doesn't seem too worried.

Smart move for Lahdemaki to ask for testing. We'll see how the UFC acts/reacts.

For a long time, I was purely a fan of Torres' fighting ability, and wasn't attracted. Lately, though, her looks have been growing on me. The pic in Thirdpres' last post in the last thread is a good example.

Last edited:
Smart move for Lahdemaki to ask for testing. We'll see how the UFC acts/reacts.

For a long time, I was purely a fan of Torres' fighting ability, and wasn't attracted. Lately, though, her looks have been growing on me. The pic in Thirdpres' last post in the last thread is a good example.

Wait ask for testing doesn't ufc test all their fighters from prelim to main event the exact same tests? If additional testing how does that work like gsp's VADA/WADA?

Just watched Michelle Waterson participate on American Ninja Warrior. She'd probably want to forget it ever happened.

Wait ask for testing doesn't ufc test all their fighters from prelim to main event the exact same tests? If additional testing how does that work like gsp's VADA/WADA?

Where there is a commision, they handle the tests (and it's rare that all fighters get tested). When there is no commision the UFC police themselves, and test all fighters.
The UFC also test fighters when they sign them.
Additional testing is random testing during camp/out of competition done by an accredited WADA lab, and handled by the commision. Don't remember hearing about random testing done where only the UFC were involved, but lately they have been footing the bill for them. The tests are really expensive though, so I can't think the UFC is crazy about doing many of them.
I believe the random testing is blood testing, and the fight night testing is urine. So the former is more thorough.

Why do people keep going after the weight cut princess with this PED stuff, leave SW Hulk alone XD

[YT]Lsma7Q0e9AI[/YT]

Just noticed that the very next weekend after her title fight, Alexis Davis is joining other prominent UFC fighters (Cormier, Rockhold, Werdum) to put on a training seminar in San Jose where each fighter demonstrates and teaches about some aspect of MMA in which they have expertise. Davis' segment?

"Submissions from the Guard and Armbar Defense"

Where there is a commision, they handle the tests (and it's rare that all fighters get tested). When there is no commision the UFC police themselves, and test all fighters.
The UFC also test fighters when they sign them.
Additional testing is random testing during camp/out of competition done by an accredited WADA lab, and handled by the commision. Don't remember hearing about random testing done where only the UFC were involved, but lately they have been footing the bill for them. The tests are really expensive though, so I can't think the UFC is crazy about doing many of them.
I believe the random testing is blood testing, and the fight night testing is urine. So the former is more thorough.

So you can actually request more tests(random etc) for your opponent and ufc may do it(as paying) but if you don't they won't bother feels kind of weird idk.

Over the past month I have noticed this fight when I do certain searches for fights. I've seen them both fight before and figured I would check this fight out when I have/had the time to do so.

I started watching it several minutes ago and it is okay as far as that goes. I haven't seen even half the first round yet. But I was stuck thinking about when the fight took place. I double checked and found that neither Sherdog or Tapology have this fight listed as having happened.

Gisele Morreira vs. Daiana Torquato (likely at flyweight)

January 6th, 2014.

(Note: the fight indicated on the front of that embedded clip was for a fight that fell thru.)

Daiana Torquato picked up the win there. Her record ought to be 2-2 instead of 1-2 as listed on Sherdog and Tapology, as far as I can tell.

Daiana-Torquato.jpg

--

Watch the Ultimate Media Day featuring UFC lightweight champion Anthony “Showtime” Pettis, no. 1 lightweight contender Gilbert Melendez and the entire cast of The Ultimate Fighter 20, live Thursday, July 3 at 1pm/10am ETPT.

http://www.ufc.com/media/tuf-20-fight-week-media-day

--
Larissa Pacheco with Elaine Albuquerque

46243_872224726139372_32835001142810120_n.jpg

Last edited:
So, at what odds do you draw the line for a mismatch that shouldn't be sanctioned?
Some bookies have Rousey at -2000. That's gotta be a record. :D

So you can actually request more tests(random etc) for your opponent and ufc may do it(as paying) but if you don't they won't bother feels kind of weird idk.

Well, it does cost 45000$ to do random testing for one fight. That's more than the majority of UFC fighters get paid. So unless the UFC can get the cost down somehow, don't be expecting a lot of testing that wasn't specifically requested by a commission for a high profile fight.

TUF 20 Cast to Be Revealed Thursday Live

Those possibles (that didn’t announce they were out or have had fights/having fight upcoming) include:

Nina Ansaroff
Heather Jo Clark
Aisling Daly
Lisa Ellis
Justine Kish
Jessica Penne
Kathina Catron
Claire Fryer
Paulina Granados
Helen Harper
Angela Magana
Randa Markos
Michelle Ould
Diana Rael
Tessa Simpson

Remember only eight on this list will be announced as part of the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back