Official Women's MMA Discussion Thread #6

Hey, I`ll confess: I didn`t know what it meant either, but its meaning could be guessed from context. :redface:

At first, I also commented on threads on the heavies forum because it seemed like there were some guys on their who really didn`t know much about the ladies (perhaps because they ONLY know UFC) and their bouts and some of them wanted to know more. But after a while, I realized that people were gradually getting more knowledgeable about it, and there would always be that group of misogynist, limp-schlonged jackasses who just wanted to insult women`s MMA. There just seems to be no getting through to them.

Also, there`s a tendency on the UFC forum to have the same topic come of up like every three days. There was a "Rousey vs. McMann: Who Wins?" thread after the fight was announced and a lot of people contributed their opinions to it (including the fore-mentioned jackasses)...and then a new thread with almost the same title popped up several days later. I just didn`t feel like reiterating everything that I had written in the previous thread. My lesson learned: it`s not really necessary to post in the UFC threads. :)

Jarl

P.S. Invicta`s homepage is still frozen in time with no new news or intervirews :icon_evil:icon_evil

Hey, I`ll confess: I didn`t know what it meant either, but its meaning could be guessed from context. :redface:

At first, I also commented on threads on the heavies forum because it seemed like there were some guys on their who really didn`t know much about the ladies (perhaps because they ONLY know UFC) and their bouts and some of them wanted to know more. But after a while, I realized that people were gradually getting more knowledgeable about it, and there would always be that group of misogynist, limp-schlonged jackasses who just wanted to insult women`s MMA. There just seems to be no getting through to them.

Also, there`s a tendency on the UFC forum to have the same topic come of up like every three days. There was a "Rousey vs. McMann: Who Wins?" thread after the fight was announced and a lot of people contributed their opinions to it (including the fore-mentioned jackasses)...and then a new thread with almost the same title popped up several days later. I just didn`t feel like reiterating everything that I had written in the previous thread. My lesson learned: it`s not really necessary to post in the UFC threads. :)

Jarl

P.S. Invicta`s homepage is still frozen in time with no new news or intervirews :icon_evil:icon_evil

it is tiresome with the same topics being posted repeatedly. seems like the few "new" members...the ones who keep getting banned repeatedly and starting new accounts are on and on about women in the sport every day.

it's funny to me that most can't see the irony/hypocrisy in them making the same arguments about women's mma that people outside of mma make about mma in general.

yeah the heavies can be hard work, if you's want decent conversation about WMMA then these threads are where to go

@Battery and Mayhem Monkey: thanks for the advice and support.

There have been several McMann-Rousey threads and even a Pena-Andrade thread, but I haven`t seen a Davis-Eye thread yet. Can we discuss it here? Or would it be better to make a thread in the UFC forum?

Jarl

@Battery and Mayhem Monkey: thanks for the advice and support.

There have been several McMann-Rousey threads and even a Pena-Andrade thread, but I haven`t seen a Davis-Eye thread yet. Can we discuss it here? Or would it be better to make a thread in the UFC forum?

Jarl

here, there, everywhere...#7...:D

that's an interesting fight, especialliy since sara fought her first. it probably gives alexis more incentive to go for takedowns, i would think. maybe she will test the striking out initially, but i feel like eye's speed will prove to too much of a benefit for her and davis might end up getting picked apart.

not sure i've read anything from either fighter about that one. it's good to finally have some matches lined up for what should be a great year.

Back