Official Women's MMA Discussion Thread #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
awesome! thanks for the information. i'd read something earlier about VTJ and the UFC working on a tv series for japan, but didn't realize he was invloved. (yay!) :D

Indeed. I probably ought to have linked that, as the article was out before the ustream of the press conference was over. I was tired though and had other things on my mind so I didn't.

--
On another note -

I saw this news yesterday. Not MMA but interesting and having a connection to women of MMA.

Lena Ovchynnikova vs. Joanna Jedrzejczyk at FEN, Muay Thai.

I noticed this today, listed on FEN 3 as K1.

fen3-lena-vs-sylwia300.jpg

I saw Tapology listing this as an MMA fight.

Last edited:
Indeed. I probably ought to have linked that, as the article was out before the ustream of the press conference was over. I was tired though and had other things on my mind so I didn't.

--
On another note -

I saw this news yesterday. Not MMA but interesting and having a connection to women of MMA.

Lena Ovchynnikova vs. Joanna Jedrzejczyk at FEN, Muay Thai.

I noticed this today, listed on FEN 3 as K1.

fen3-lena-vs-sylwia300.jpg

I saw Tapology listing this as an MMA fight.

no worries, thirdpres! you're always on the ball! :D i was just surprised to see him sitting there beside rin and was curious what role he had in the press conference.

...and the dirty street fighter vs. polish jo jo?!?! where's ippy?!?! :icon_chee that is some pretty cool news. i'd rather it was mma, but still one that i'm very interested in seeing. (yay!)

edit: wait, i didn't look at the photo...it's not joanna, after all? sylwia juśkiewicz instead?

Don't be too surprise when Jojo goes full "let me bang bro mode"

Well we know who is in but can only imagine if Ould and Clark are both in and reunite from their twitter war at tryouts! Girls like Kish / Markos / Penne / Anseroff be a great addition forsure

Well we know who is in but can only imagine if Ould and Clark are both in and reunite from their twitter war at tryouts! Girls like Kish / Markos / Penne / Anseroff be a great addition forsure

i can confidently predict jojo will be the last member of the house to lose her temper, she may show her extreme irritation by raising an eyebrow. remember this girl regularly puts up with random street crazies in .... glasgow...:eek:

no worries, thirdpres! you're always on the ball! :D i was just surprised to see him sitting there beside rin and was curious what role he had in the press conference.

...and the dirty street fighter vs. polish jo jo?!?! where's ippy?!?! :icon_chee that is some pretty cool news. i'd rather it was mma, but still one that i'm very interested in seeing. (yay!)

edit: wait, i didn't look at the photo...it's not joanna, after all? sylwia juśkiewicz instead?

Yep. That's Juskiewicz. That fight is k1 and this weekend. Some people seem to be confused with what fight is what. The Joanna vs. Lena fight is in the future, maybe next month and is supposed to be MT. I can provide links, in Polish, about Joanna Jedrzejczyk signing with FEN.

The fight information (JJ vs. LO) was a bit up in the air about the time frame and on a few twitter feeds and I did notice some confusion with Jedrzejczyk being mistaken for Juskiewicz. I would guess the news about the signing of Jedrzejczyk contributed with talk of a Lena fighting her with Lena fight this weekend led to this confusion.

(Edit: I was just thinking that Jedrzejczyk may very well fight the winner of this weekend's fight. I don't recall a specific bit of information from the promotion saying it will be an MT fight, just an assumption from people. It could be k1. Same with the fighters in question. Total speculation but it makes sense.)

The Tapology information is indicative of some of the confusion going on, as the promotion's list of fights/fighters has this weekend's matchup as a k1 fight. (I couldn't get the image of that list to post properly.) Meanwhile Tapology has that fight looking like an MMA fight.

Here is another link to FEN itself. On the side is the list of fights, weight class, and style of fighting taking place.

http://www.fen-mma.com/joanna-jędrzejczyk-podpisała-kontrakt-z-fen
(It has the image I was having trouble posting.)

Joanna Jedrzejczyk to FEN.

http://www.fight24.pl/joanna-jedrzejczyk-podpisala-umowe-z-organizacja-fight-exclusive-night/

http://www.mmanews.pl/2014/06/joanna-jedrzejczyk-podpisala-kontrakt-z-fight-exclusive-night/

http://www.boxingnews.pl/index.php?...dpisaa-umow-z-fen&catid=48:ksw-news&Itemid=74

This news started breaking about three days ago, Polish time. I saw it yesterday morning but didn't have a specific reason to post it rather then looking for other news.

TUF 20

10246531_666508373404631_7791100829516753743_n.jpg

Monday...

Last edited:
Yep. That's Juskiewicz. That fight is k1 and this weekend. Some people seem to be confused with what fight is what. The Joanna vs. Lena fight is in the future, maybe next month and is supposed to be MT. I can provide links, in Polish, about Joanna Jedrzejczyk signing with FEN.

The fight information (JJ vs. LO) was a bit up in the air about the time frame and on a few twitter feeds and I did notice some confusion with Jedrzejczyk being mistaken for Juskiewicz. I would guess the news about the signing of Jedrzejczyk contributed with talk of a Lena fighting her with Lena fight this weekend led to this confusion.

(Edit: I was just thinking that Jedrzejczyk may very well fight the winner of this weekend's fight. I don't recall a specific bit of information from the promotion saying it will be an MT fight, just an assumption from people. It could be k1. Same with the fighters in question. Total speculation but it makes sense.)

The Tapology information is indicative of some of the confusion going on, as the promotion's list of fights/fighters has this weekend's matchup as a k1 fight. (I couldn't get the image of that list to post properly.) Meanwhile Tapology has that fight looking like an MMA fight.

Here is another link to FEN itself. On the side is the list of fights, weight class, and style of fighting taking place.

http://www.fen-mma.com/joanna-jędrzejczyk-podpisała-kontrakt-z-fen
(It has the image I was having trouble posting.)

Joanna Jedrzejczyk to FEN.

http://www.fight24.pl/joanna-jedrzejczyk-podpisala-umowe-z-organizacja-fight-exclusive-night/

http://www.mmanews.pl/2014/06/joanna-jedrzejczyk-podpisala-kontrakt-z-fight-exclusive-night/

http://www.boxingnews.pl/index.php?...dpisaa-umow-z-fen&catid=48:ksw-news&Itemid=74

This news started breaking about three days ago, Polish time. I saw it yesterday morning but didn't have a specific reason to post it rather then looking for other news.

TUF 20

10246531_666508373404631_7791100829516753743_n.jpg

Monday...

thanks for the clarification, thirdpres. no confusion for me now. haha :icon_chee

good for a chuckle with the TUF 20 photo too. i wonder if they'll let carla wear any or all of her cookie monster related clothing?

thanks for the clarification, thirdpres. no confusion for me now. haha :icon_chee

good for a chuckle with the TUF 20 photo too. i wonder if they'll let carla wear any or all of her cookie monster related clothing?

You're welcome.

It would be a crime, a crime against cookie-monsters, if they didn't.

1962616_615915635130572_1453952415_n.jpg

--

Tina Lahdemaki weight cutting, checking herself out.

10351332_10203299406542651_8051402991984724098_n.jpg

--
Lena Ovchynnikova's updated picture of the fight with proper weight class listed.

10399444_789909997687877_5120131675616277506_n.jpg

--

Looks like Amanda Nunes and Sara McMann will be able to talk about their up coming fights today or tomorrow.

(Agreed battery. I'll double check Nunes' twitter in a moment and see if she has tweeted the news. She seemed pretty excited about it earlier.)

--

Kaline Medeiros vs. Brigitte Narcise at CES XXIV

10488537_1429843583962731_517536788_n.jpg

No news from Nunes yet but she did have a better picture of the above fight so I substituted it. She is well wishing her friend, Medeiros, on her fight as well.

Last edited:
I bet Jojo will bring some books to read in her room.

Fighters always forget to bring things that could help pass the time, and then they slowly go crazy mid-season and start stirring shit up.

They're not allowed to bring any of that stuff

Other than Rin looking a bit sulky, the Rumina was the first thing I noticed in that photo as well. He`s gotta be into his 40s now, right? I`d be surprised if he was still fighting...but back in the day, he was a joy to watch. His fights with Caol Uno were top notch. It`s too bad he was later over-shadowed by people like Gomi and Kawajiri.

Does this mean that we might see Nunes vs. McMann? That is practically a title eliminator fight.

Jarl

Other than Rin looking a bit sulky, the Rumina was the first thing I noticed in that photo as well. He`s gotta be into his 40s now, right? I`d be surprised if he was still fighting...but back in the day, he was a joy to watch. His fights with Caol Uno were top notch. It`s too bad he was later over-shadowed by people like Gomi and Kawajiri.

Does this mean that we might see Nunes vs. McMann? That is practically a title eliminator fight.

Jarl

as an uno fan, the first match between sato and uno is one of my all time favourite fights. the very definition of an mma match, in my opinion. the second one went very well for uno too, but wasn't as good for sato. it's still a fave, though. top notch indeed!

Can anyone translate what Rin Nakai is saying in video below?

[YT]JCvdYuAjG3E[/YT]

I have never seen those cookies before. Googling, it looks like the Cookie Monster is eating English cookies - produced by Burtons Biscuit Company in the UK.

474355_353227424799668_1063484182_o.jpg

no way! good eye! when i was staying with a friend for a few months in sweden, those "maryland" cookies were available at the local grocery store...not the gooey kind, but they sold a chunky chip one instead. they were very good... mmm cooookie!!! :icon_chee

Can anyone translate what Rin Nakai is saying in video below?

[YT]JCvdYuAjG3E[/YT]

Some phrases like "onegai-shimasu" or "visual-teki" are pretty hard to translate directly, but basically, Rin is saying:

"Hello everyone.

This is newly-decided UFC fighter, Rin Nakai. My first fight will be September 20.

(They say) My opponent will be Meisha Tate (who is) very stylish, fashionable, and beautiful. (SAID IN A WAY THAT IMPLIES THAT RIN THINKS MEISHA IS BETTER LOOKING THAN HERSELF)

I will try my best to emerge victorious.

Please come to the Saitama Super Arena and watch (me/us).

Please cheer for me, Rin Nakai (during that match). "

As with most of her videos, Rin speaks very polite Japanese.

Jarl

Last edited:
They're not allowed to bring any of that stuff

The preacher guy on the current season brought along his bible for an impromptu Sunday service in the house.

A bible is a book.

The preacher guy on the current season brought along his bible for an impromptu Sunday service in the house.

A bible is a book.

i seem to recall it being limited to a religious book like the bible or koran (qur'an)...i could be mistaken. it has happened before. :wink::icon_chee

i seem to recall it being limited to a religious book like the bible or koran (qur'an)...i could be mistaken. it has happened before. :wink::icon_chee

They have some crazy rules for that house. One of the TUF 20 contestants mentioned they can bring just two photos with them.

Some phrases like "onegai-shimasu" or "visual-teki" are pretty hard to translate directly, but basically, Rin is saying:

"Hello everyone.

This is newly-decided UFC fighter, Rin Nakai. My first fight will be September 20.

(They say) My opponent will be Meisha Tate (who is) very stylish, fashionable, and beautiful. (SAID IN A WAY THAT IMPLIES THAT RIN THINKS MEISHA IS BETTER LOOKING THAN HERSELF)

I will try my best to emerge victorious.

Please come to the Saitama Super Arena and watch (me/us).

Please cheer for me, Rin Nakai (during that match). "

As with most of her videos, Rin speaks very polite Japanese.

Jarl

Thank You for that Jarl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back