Ogawa vs Farmer. Vegas robbery? For vacant IBF title | Update: Ogawa tests POSITIVE for PEDs

I'm happy to hear Ogawa was busted with PED's. I'm a big fan of Farmer. It will be interesting to see just how much he's learned from the Ogawa fight. Kevin seems to get better with every fight and this was a highly educational fight for him to be in.
He'll win the IBF title from a no-namer before facing Gervonta.

Fuck this fucking fuck.

I'm happy to hear Ogawa was busted with PED's. I'm a big fan of Farmer. It will be interesting to see just how much he's learned from the Ogawa fight. Kevin seems to get better with every fight and this was a highly educational fight for him to be in.
He'll win the IBF title from a no-namer before facing Gervonta.

As I always say: the judges will look for a way to PROTECT AND SERVE their preferred promoter's fighter in a bout.

But when those LAB tests come in: it doesn't discriminate.

Granted I was drinking beer and cleaning my house, but at the time I felt like Farmer got robbed. Farmer vs. Davis please.

Well, honestly I’m just going to have to disagree, statistically you will see judges favoring fighters of their own country, a good example of this is Ward vs Kovalev, Ward makes no one any money, he barely fought and was usually boring to watch for casual viewers, Kovalev on the other hand had higher ratings, brought more money to HBO and had a lot of KOs not to mention he fought more often. Smart money would have favored Kovalev regardless of who promoted who.

I am willing to bet statistically regardless of promoters that historically the fighter from the country where the fight is taking place will win more often than not if it is a close fight, regardless of who is promoting who.

Now, usually the US fighter has the more powerful promoter, so these can go hand in hand, reminds me of Lewis vs Holyfield which was a don king shitfest
i have placed bets just because they were home town fighters. i'm led to believe it is a recognised fact in bookie circles.

japanese news said he tested positive for a steroid, that is also used in medication to treat his atopic dermatitis (skin condition)
that he has a history of using, but hasn't come out in previous tests
as we know, testing is getting more sensitive and sophisticated nowdays..

as far as japanese boxing history has been, there has rarely been cases where boxers use steroid performance enhancers, unlike the U.S.
so it's hard to exactly tell if he is guilty or not, ogawa claims he is not guilty

Looks like Teiken Promotions is learning to play the game!

Kenichi Ogawa beat Tevin Farmer by split decision by 116-112 Ogawa, 115-113 Ogawa, and 116-112 Farmer to win the vacant IBF Super Featherweight title. The Sky Sports team has been really going in on this decision!

There definitely needs a rematch for this one. Thoughts?
Bs they're robbing the jap of his win. Wonky eyed farmer lost legit wtf

Farmer can't punch for shit, and I don't think he takes a great shot. He kind of has to fight the way he does. Farmer had a bit of hype because he looks slick against garbage opposition, but in reality he's far from anything special.

I think he outboxes Gervonta Davis though based on style.

I think he outboxes Gervonta Davis though based on style.

That's tough to say. He has absolutely nothing to keep Davis off of him. Davis made an absolute mess of a huge chance on the Mayweather/McGregor undercard, but he's too young to completely write off as a waste of talent, I'd say. Farmer deserved the decision against Ogawa, but let's not pretend that he didn't have his own struggles in there. I'd probably lean towards Davis.

That's tough to say. He has absolutely nothing to keep Davis off of him. Davis made an absolute mess of a huge chance on the Mayweather/McGregor undercard, but he's too young to completely write off as a waste of talent, I'd say. Farmer deserved the decision against Ogawa, but let's not pretend that he didn't have his own struggles in there. I'd probably lean towards Davis.

I'm just basing it on style. From what i've seen Gervontas not a pressure fighter which would be the type to give Farmer problems. He seems too in love with his own power/that one big punch, and that's just the type of thing that gets you beat against a fighter like Farmer. But yeah Farmer has no pop and that'll make him lose rounds in the eyes of judges. So it can really go either way.

I had Ogawa winning, and I am saddened to learn of his treachery. I very disappoint.

Back