Ohio family says judge violated transgender son's rights by denying name-change request

What would be the procedure to change a non tran's person's name at 15? Would the name change have been allowed if Bob simply wanted to become a Steve instead and the parents supported it?

Anyone who sees my posting here knows I am vehemently opposed to the trans push on minors, but this seems like legislating from the bench in the judge's case. It's legal, but he's personally opposed to it, so he side steps the law in favor of his feelings. I don't support that even if it happens to agree with my "side"

If it's a minor, you petition a judge. Usually, a judge will approve if the child's parents/guardians also approve. This particular judge is basically saying the consenting parent(s) don't have the best interests of their child at heart by consenting to his/her request.

Do you think there is a Jewish conspiracy to undermine the West or US/Europe?
Oh, for crying out loud, NO! OK? FUCK NO! That is all a bunch of bullshit. I'm Jewish. I was never let in on any secret handshakes, ok?

For the millionth time, there are many of us. There are anti-Israel Jews all over the planet from the most religious to the most secular. Israel is fucked on so many levels and the horror is financed with American tax dollars. Wake up, there is no Jewish conspiracy and Israel is a terrorist regime since her birth. These two concepts can be mutually exclusive. Deal with it.

Oh, for crying out loud, NO! OK? FUCK NO! That is all a bunch of bullshit. I'm Jewish. I was never let in on any secret handshakes, ok?

For the millionth time, there are many of us. There are anti-Israel Jews all over the planet from the most religious to the most secular. Israel is fucked on so many levels and the horror is financed with American tax dollars. Wake up, there is no Jewish conspiracy and Israel is a terrorist regime since her birth. These two concepts can be mutually exclusive. Deal with it.

So do you believe the Holocaust is a hoax?

I mean, I don't think this will affect the family too bad. Kid will wait to be an adult and go through a legal name change.

But this is exactly what the right would term an 'activist judge'.

I'm no legal expert, but I'd say that non-action was proof to the courts that the father was not in his life and failing action, waived his right to non-consent.
Yes. Technically both parents need not give consent but judge will hear all sides.

I mean, I don't think this will affect the family too bad. Kid will wait to be an adult and go through a legal name change.

But this is exactly what the right would term an 'activist judge'.

I think it might affect the birth certificate when done as a minor vs adult.

Seems like the point of this exercise is to be spiteful to no useful end. In a couple of years this kid will just change names anyway.

I agree with the judge, finally a judge with some sense. This diagnosis and treatment is from a place that specializes and profits from creating transgender people, by diagnosing gender dysphoria, and then profiting by injecting expensive hormones and other drugs into them often resulting in permanent sterlization . This teen and many others are still finding who they are in life, she may be lesbian and is confused into thinking she is transgender instead , or she may just grow out of this completely. Given time the best decision will be made. It is still too early to tell. Glad this judge is not jumping on the transgender mania bandwagon. Now at least the teen knows she still has a choice. This clinic or whatever they call themselves may be pressuring her into this
I thought you conservatives were against activist judges? and only wanted judges to apply the law.

Judge was wrong it's just an name change.

Seems like the point of this exercise is to be spiteful to no useful end. In a couple of years this kid will just change names anyway.
Well in that case, problem solved.

I thought you conservatives were against activist judges? and only wanted judges to apply the law.
Great point. This judge clearly had the best interest of the child in mind. Unfortunately, the parent don’t.

I doubt the judge is correct in denying it from a legal standpoint. He's injecting his principles into a bureaucratic procedure. He's not wrong in putting in question the logic of making kids go through reassignment despite barely understanding themselves, but that's something outside his scope.

It'll be interesting to see in 10-20 years how many of these children end up regretting destroying their normal development through puberty blockers and hormones.

sometimes the law steps in and trys to protect children from their wacky parents

there shouldnt be 15 year old trans genders in the first place

now you tell me.

It is super easy. Kid at BJJ changed his name because it was the same as his dad who was an ass. He filed a form, finger prints, and run an ad in the official paper. Court hearing was less than five minutes.

I'll add that he was a minor and that the Dad did not give consent (unable to contact him) do the process took an extra 2 weeks to give time for him to respond.

I think I know who you are talking about, but he only changed the pronunciation from Royce to Royce with a hard R sound.

Great point. This judge clearly had the best interest of the child in mind. Unfortunately, the parent don’t.
The judge is an activist judge in this situation.

The parents know their kid better than the judge.

The judge is an activist judge in this situation.

The parents know their kid better than the judge.
Those parents don’t give 2 @&$#% about their kid. They’re setting him up for failure.

You cant change your DNA and chromosomes ya dummies.

Trying to change your gender through science experiments .

Crazy...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back