Ohio GOP: Ban ALL Abortions Even in Cases of Rape, Incest, or Danger to Woman's Life

I'm a pro life leftist, who doesn't necessarily want to legislate the rules around abortion, but as I've thought about it more, this is really the only pro life stance to have. The ideology of pro life has to center around the fact that life starts at conception and all life is sacred. So circumstances should be damned in theory. It's just a horrible untennable position to have that forces a rape victim to have to live with the possible aftermath of that rape and if nothing less a permanent reminder, especially when abortion in and of itself will leave a mark.
I am glad that you are pro life. It says something about a society that doesn't care for the least of these. Let's promote life not death, a future, hope and healing. Adoption is a beautiful thing and a woman that was victimized doesn't have to live with the guilt of killing her baby.

Likewise, the most principled pro choice stance would be unlimited access to abortion regardless of time and viability. The argument is that a woman owns her body and her choice, so until that child is taken out of her, it's her decision.

But the truth is, neither side wants to be that callous with life, even if it's on the other side of the issue.

Likewise, the most principled pro choice stance would be unlimited access to abortion regardless of time and viability. The argument is that a woman owns her body and her choice, so until that child is taken out of her, it's her decision.

But the truth is, neither side wants to be that callous with life, even if it's on the other side of the issue.

Making abortion illegal does not prevent abortions.

Making abortion illegal does not prevent abortions.
Not disagreeing. Not even calling for making abortions illegal. It's an issue that will never ever be resolved because it's impossible to define at what point life begins.

In addition, pro lifers look at abortion as murder. So your statement to them reads as "making murder illegal does not prevent murder", which is about the dumbest argument ever.

Not disagreeing. Not even calling for making abortions illegal. It's an issue that will never ever be resolved because it's impossible to define at what point life begins.

In addition, pro lifers look at abortion as murder. So your statement to them reads as "making murder illegal does not prevent murder", which is about the dumbest argument ever.

I don’t think it reads that way to large swaths of people who are pro life. I have had these conversations in my own family and that doesn’t tend to be how people react to that statement.

But even if they do

If we can get to a point in the conversation where we ask: if making abortion illegal won’t prevent it - what will? I think we’re on the way to some common ground on this issue, regardless of where life begins.

If we build a society with a responsible media and social programs that educate people we can reduce the number of people who commit rapes. It’s happened all over the world and can happen in America. If we have birth control and sex education we can reduce the number of unwanted pregnancies. If we have social programs paid for by the state that can ensure any child born in America will have access to the resources necessary to be able to create good opportunities for themselves, we will create a situation where no woman has to fear that they are brining a life into a world where that will have no hope, no chance.

All of that can reduce abortions - and everyone wins that way.

The same argument, oddly enough, applies to many of the kinds of murders we see.

No disagreement, with any of that. But in a polarized issue like this, people just look to score points with their sides. The best way to reduce abortion is to make mothers who feel trapped by pregnancy, have the help (financially and societally) so they don't feel the need to abort the baby.

Republicans love the unborn so much. Well until they grow up and turn out gay. Than they hate them lol

Republicans only care about the fetus, as soon as the poor ones are born they become a wellfare leech that they don't want their tax dollars going to

I am glad that you are pro life. It says something about a society that doesn't care for the least of these. Let's promote life not death, a future, hope and healing. Adoption is a beautiful thing and a woman that was victimized doesn't have to live with the guilt of killing her baby.

You can be pro-life and pro-choice.

The notion that a person moral code must be enforceable by law is ridiculous.

Abortions for all- Boooooo

Abortions for none- Boooooo

Abortions for some, little American flags for all- Yaaaaaaay

You can be pro-life and pro-choice.

The notion that a person moral code must be enforceable by law is ridiculous.
A man that won't stand up for his own principals is not really a man at all.

Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me. Matthew 25:40

A man that won't stand up for his own principals is not really a man at all.

Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me. Matthew 25:40

Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's

Matthew 22:21

God gave people free will, who are you take it from them? do you think yourself greater than God?

Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's

Matthew 22:21

God gave people free will, who are you take it from them? do you think yourself greater than God?
Sorry bro, not sure what that has to do with this. ??????

Sorry bro, not sure what that has to do with this. ??????

You are forcing women not to sin, thats more than "standing up to your principals" thats forcing your principles unto others.

How do you prepare to take care of the influx of unwanted babies and the care that they need? It will surely take tax-payer money. Would you support a bill to support a system to take care of unwanted children?

@Johnny Mac feels that keeping a woman from having an abortion is easier than talking her into fucking him.

Back