Yahoo title - Ohio Student suspended for not taking part in Walkout

This just in context is important and OP is a shady

This just in context is important and OP is a shady

I posted the headline from yahoo and I posted the relevant part of the article to explain the schools view.

The thread isn't about the kid, but about the school sponsored "walkout".

Which is true. But that in itself brings up the administration sponsoring the protest/walkout.

This kid is actually protesting the whole charade by simply staying in his seat in his class.

The only true protestor at that school was him. Not those participating in the walkout, or complying with the alternative.

I just wanted to add that the suspended student is 18 years old...an adult.

When I first read about this story, a commenter pointed out that students that did not participate in the walkout had to go study hall with adult supervision, I scratched my head. After all, he is an adult.

So the real story is why was this kid on Fox news this morning being interviewed about this nonsense.

I wonder if he thought about that when he (or parents) contacted the media.

This whole thing could have been averted if they simply contacted the principal to expunge the suspension.

If the school relented, they could have hired an attorney to push the issue.

I'm not sure how contacting the news is going to help his case. After all, as a senior, isn't he applying to colleges now?

So,during the regularly scheduled class time the teachers were not available to teach. What were they supposed to be doing at that time?

Going to the pre-arranged meeting point to receive their body armor and be assigned a firearm.

Good for the kid and I'm sure he will suspension in stride as its part of life to take a few bumps doing what you think is right. The school walkout or study hall was organized rhetoric, good on him for holding true to his believes.

Ridiculous all the mentally ill posters hating on a high school kid who didn't want to participate in a school walkout. Imagine if he damaged a local Wal-Mart.

It's a little strange to expect schools and teachers to be impartial on the topic of school shootings.

An Ohio high school student said he tried to stay apolitical during the National Walkout Day over gun violence but was suspended for his choice to remain in a classroom instead of joining protests or the alternative, going to study hall.

1521226392783.jpg

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/aff16037-7006-3309-80ed-7e35d6d5b687/ss_ohio-student-suspended-for.html

I don't even know how you suspend a kid for being in his classroom. I get the fact that he didn't follow instructions, but his parents tax money goes to the school to teach - not protest.

Is this even more evidence that the walk-out is school sponsored?

Nope, some school districts are different than others.

Some schools disciplined students that participated in the walkout.

Some schools didn't participate at all.

Likely depends on the principal and the culture at the individual school, not some great conspiracy.

He was suspended for disobeying a directive from the school admin to go to study hall. He would not have been taught if he remained alone in the classroom without supervision.

Students are never supposed to be in classrooms without supervision.

This isn’t complicated
This is true but I think the point is that he should never have been put in that position.

I'm sure that was also a motivating factor. One can't discount peer pressure either as a motivating factor for participation, or the desire to feel like one is taking part in "something" bigger than themselves regardless of the actual issue.
This post kind of reminds me of the point that Jordan Peterson was making when discussing young people’s protests.

I’m guessing that none of these students protesting have given up a half year’s income (whether earned from paid work or allowances) to charity. I’m guessing none of these students have protested the treatment of returned veterans or the thousands of babies murdered in the womb each year. I’m guessing that none of these students have protested the thousands of incidents of gun (and other types) of violence committed by illegal immigrants everyday and ignored by state and city officials across the USA.

I’m guessing none of these young people have donated hours on end to entertain nursing home occupants or participate in homeless soup kitchens. I’m guessing none of these young people protesting have spent a whole weekend trying to clean parks and water banks in their home towns.

We are in the age of stylish protest where the adult generation have been teaching the cult of leftist doctrine where understated real work, meaningful protest, true sacrifice and real charity is scoffed at, ridiculed or otherwise ignored in favor of gun control, antifa or BLM movements.

This is the left. Trump can only do so much in the face of such lunacy that when that lunacy dominates schools and universities.

I’m guessing that none of these students protesting have given up a half year’s income (whether earned from paid work or allowances) to charity.

Yeah! Fuck them because you know, they are students so obviously they haven't given up half a years income because it is likely impossible at their age. Also, fuck everyone else who doesn't give up literally 10s of thousands, you aren't allowed to protest now either. Except about those other things I'm about to rant about, you wouldn't hear me bitch about that.

I’m guessing none of these students have protested the treatment of returned veterans or the thousands of babies murdered in the womb each year.

Yeah! Fuck them for not believing the same things I believe and not protesting the same things I protest. Even though you probably haven't actually turned up to protest those things.

I’m guessing that none of these students have protested the thousands of incidents of gun (and other types) of violence committed by illegal immigrants everyday and ignored by state and city officials across the USA.

Yeah! Fuck them for not protesting this either, this vaguely racist comment without statistics and a false premise that city officials ignore homicide by illegal immigrants. Fuck those easy targets!

I’m guessing none of these young people have donated hours on end to entertain nursing home occupants or participate in homeless soup kitchens. I’m guessing none of these young people protesting have spent a whole weekend trying to clean parks and water banks in their home towns.

Yeah! Fuck them for again not protesting what I think is important. If you don't protest what I think is right YOU CAN'T PROTEST AT ALL.

We are in the age of stylish protest where the adult generation have been teaching the cult of leftist doctrine where understated real work and real charity is scoffed at, ridiculed or otherwise ignored in favor of gun control, antifa or BLM movements.

Yeah! Fuck the left. I am going to make a whole lot of assumptions about what they have done even though I don't know any of them, and I am going to judge them in advance without knowing neither their minds or actions. Fuck em!

This is the left. Trump can only do so much in the face of such lunacy that when that lunacy dominates schools and universities.

Yeah! Fuck this strawman I created. It's so filled with hay that my dick got one up the urethra. Fuck em. It's lunacy! Lunacy!

I’ve never noticed you before. With posts like this, I guess that’s not surprising.

Glad I could assist. Butthurt medicine is over to your left.

The kid should never have been forced to choose. He wanted to stay in the classroom. The place where he should've been, because the school should not be sponsoring political walkouts.

The kid should never have been forced to choose. He wanted to stay in the classroom. The place where he should've been, because the school should not be sponsoring political walkouts.

Since when did the right become goddamn special snowflakes?

The teachers were asking students to go to the hall if they didn't want to participate. He choose not to participate. That's fine.

No-one is being made to do anything outrageous here, just go to a particular building. So follow the fucking goddamn instructions and don't be such a little bitch about it.

Yeah! Fuck them because you know, they are students so obviously they haven't given up half a years income because it is likely impossible at their age. Also, fuck everyone else who doesn't give up literally 10s of thousands, you aren't allowed to protest now either. Except about those other things I'm about to rant about, you wouldn't hear me bitch about that.

Yeah! Fuck this strawman I created. It's so filled with hay that my dick got one up the urethra. Fuck em. It's lunacy! Lunacy!
It’s hardly impossible to give up hundreds of dollars to charity. Where talking about minors that are typically well supported by their parents. A kid at my neohew’s school gave up $300 for a school organized charity. Many more gave up more that they get each week.

And I don’t think strawman means what you think it means. Other than that, congrats on totally missing (or choosing to miss) the point.

Have a nice day.

Since when did the right become goddamn special snowflakes?

The teachers were asking students to go to the hall if they didn't want to participate. He choose not to participate. That's fine.

Just follow the fucking goddamn instructions and don't be such a little bitch about it.

How 'bout the school doesn't sponsor political walkouts, and force kids out of the classroom to begin with? He shouldn't have to choose to go to the study hall, because the teachers should not be out of the fucking classroom, participating in a political protest.

Also, something tells me your "follow the goddamned instructions" attitude is highly selective.

Back