Yahoo title - Ohio Student suspended for not taking part in Walkout

Also, something tells me your "follow the goddamned instructions" attitude is highly selective.

They are students in a school. Teachers are there to instruct them. If you get your panties in a bunch about being asked to go to a hall then you're a special snowflake. Also, if teachers aren't allowed to move students from one area to another then how fucking pathetic is that.

They are students in a school. Teachers are there to instruct them. If you get your panties in a bunch about being asked to go to a hall then you're a special snowflake. Also, if teachers aren't allowed to move students from one area to another then how fucking pathetic is that.

No. The student should be allowed to remain in the classroom, because the teachers should be remaining in the classrooms, and have absolutely nothing to do with the "protest". If the students want to walk out, that's up to them. They're not getting paid on the tax payers dime to teach.

i
He was suspended for disobeying a directive from the school admin to go to study hall. He would not have been taught if he remained alone in the classroom without supervision.

Students are never supposed to be in classrooms without supervision.

This isn’t complicated

important point. Student isnt in trouble for not protesting.

i

important point. Student isnt in trouble for not protesting.

Can you imagine the conversation and how it went down?

Kid is sitting in a class room and the teacher asks him to come to the hall where the rest of the teachers are at the moment.

Kid says some bullshit about protesting the protest and that he refuses to move from the classroom.

The teacher should have just punched him in the face. They have a hard enough job already without some dipshit refusing to simply move to another building.

Kid is sitting in a class room and the teacher asks him to come to the hall where the rest of the teachers are at the moment.

Kid says some bullshit about protesting the protest and that he refuses to move from the classroom.

The teacher should have just punched him in the face. They have a hard enough job already without some dipshit refusing to simply move to another building.

Hard enough job...not teaching in the classroom?

So punch the kid in the face.

:rolleyes:

Hard enough job...not teaching in the classroom?

Yeah, everyone knows school students are little shits. Left and right, it makes no difference, and this kid was a little shit. It's a tough job and then you have to deal with crappy parents who blame of all their childrens problems on you, as if somehow you as a government employee are meant to raise their children for them. Okay, /rant off there :)

So punch the kid in the face.

:rolleyes:

Sorry, the teacher should have shot him in the face. Is that better?

;)

Quoted for anyone who thought you were making any intelligent arguments.

I enjoy my hyperbole from time to time, I'm sorry if that offends you, but as said earlier butthurt corner is just over to the left.

i mean, no. Suspending him fine

An Ohio high school student said he tried to stay apolitical during the National Walkout Day over gun violence but was suspended for his choice to remain in a classroom instead of joining protests or the alternative, going to study hall.

1521226392783.jpg

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/aff16037-7006-3309-80ed-7e35d6d5b687/ss_ohio-student-suspended-for.html

I don't even know how you suspend a kid for being in his classroom. I get the fact that he didn't follow instructions, but his parents tax money goes to the school to teach - not protest.

Is this even more evidence that the walk-out is school sponsored?
He wasn't suspended for not taking part in the walkout. Kids who didn't want to take part in the walkout were required to stay in a designated area, which makes sense from a logistical and safety standpoint for the school because they wouldn't need to have teachers present in every classroom, just a few teachers minding the designated area.

I do see the Kid's point of view also. He didn't want to participate in the walkout, feeling it politicizes the shooting. But he didn't want to move to the designated area also, feeling that might be perceived as disrespectful to the victims if the walkout partly took the form of memorial for the victims. He felt joining the walkout was taking 1 side and moving to the designated area might be perceived as taking another side.

Looks like he wasn't required to go to the protest. Issue, per the linked article, was that the alternative to going to the protest was study hall, and he didn't do that either.
That would be an excellent point, if it weren't for the fact that the school should not have shut down for a protest.

The teacher should have just punched him in the face.

You're wishing violence to befall your fellow human being, simply for doing something you don't agree with.

This is an unhealthy reaction to have over a simple disagreement.

It's safe to say that you need to take some time off of commenting in the public square, and consider seeking therapy.

It's sounded like he was suspended for being in his own safe space.
No worries though!
There are plenty of safe spaces provided for him at college.

By the way this is the worst handwriting I've ever seen from a teacher, principal, vice principal, or admin.

Such an organic "protest." Fuck these commie teachers.

The walkouts were not organized by teachers; they were organized by administrators in an effort to keep students’ safe and orderly on a day when many students were planning on a protest whether or not they had “permission.”

This is the NEA (National Education Association) letter to teachers advising them on how to handle the walkout. Basically, they were told to do whatever administrators decided in their districts (and nothing without express administrative approval).

http://vtnea.org/uploads/files/walkout advisory nea.pdf

He staged a real protest. Real protests involve risk. "Walking out" when the school sanctions it is just suckassery.
This is true. I’m not mad at this kid at all. But it is totally false to say, as the OP did, that he got suspended for “refusing to walkout”... No, he got suspended for refusing to go to the supervised alternative to the walkout.

Such is life.

Last edited:
Shouldn't the teachers be in the classroom? If the teacher isn't in the classroom I would think they should be the ones getting in trouble.

Back