Okay I'm officially Bored of trash talking

So you want two quiet, boring fighters. I guess Thug Rose is your favorite fighter.

Trash talk has always been part of the fight game, I don't see the problem.

So you want two quiet, boring fighters. I guess Thug Rose is your favorite fighter.
That is one side of it. The other side is, what does it say about those that need racial slurs or xenophobia to get off for a fight?

I get in the mood for trash talk every now and then. A lot of fighters take it way too far and arent clever. They sound like punks.

Colby surpassed Conor in trash talk department ages ago.

yeah-right.gif

Actually GSP is my favorite fighter. You know the classy MMA GOAT who never talked a word of crap and was a top 3 Draw ever? Also Conor McGregor is close behind him. Someone people call a " Shit talker". But unlike you I watch MMA for The fights

That is one side of it. The other side is, what does it say about those that need racial slurs or xenophobia to get off for a fight?

Two men/women are going to be locked in a cage & battle it out, both parties can get seriously hurt or hell even die & you're worried about alittle trash talk in the form of xenophobic or slight racial remarks leading up to it? Bro, go follow ballet or whatever other fairy sport you watch, the p.c culture & the feminization of men that's going on worldwide is causing some men to be turned off from the testosterone filled drama we're currently seeing leading into fights. I love it all, i need more of it.

Actually GSP is my favorite fighter. You know the classy MMA GOAT who never talked a word of crap and was a top 3 Draw ever? Also Conor McGregor is close behind him. Someone people call a " Shit talker". But unlike you I watch MMA for The fights

That's great & all but one question: Would you rather watch a Mcgregor/Chael/Colby press conference or a GSP/Pacman/Couture etc, because i guarantee you one set of those guys are unwatchable in anything outside of the cage.

I can take it or leave it, but if two dudes don't like each other, it does help sell the fight.

If it's just rehearsed lines, then it gets stale pretty quick.
Agree with this. And it happens to be exactly what it is (rehearsed lies) most of the time.

I think there is no better promotion than a solid HL reel, two incredible skillsets creating an enigmatic matchup, or a spectacular first match leading up to a rematch. Look at Whittaker vs Romero 2...I was so pumped for that fight for all the reasons above. And it delivered.

I find that a lot of trash talkers in MMA, throughout the years, were fighters that did not have the flashiest style of fighting and tried to compensate with their big mouth to foster interest in their fights: Tito, Chael, Koscheck (all wrestled people to decisions), Bisping (although I ended up a fan of his, for many years he jabbed and ran his way to decisions), and now Covington...

We all have our own bias toward fighters we enjoy and dislike. I'm a huge Conor McGregor guy and I enjoyed his trash talk as much as the next guy. But I was more attracted by the pure confidence of him. I like trash talkers generally. Guys like Conor, Naseem, Floyd, Chael, and ali were some of my favorite guys.

But I'm over it now. IDK maybe it's Colby and his cringe fest trash talk. But tbh even if Conor comes back, I would prefer he just shut his mouth and Fight someone without talking shit. It's just not entertaining for me anymore.

I believe you feel that way because you (and all MMA fans) have been exposed to shitty, amateur trash talking since Conor left.

It's like if you eat shitty frozen pizza over and over, you're going to get sick of pizza.

But when Conor comes back, and suddenly you get fed amazing A+ pizza, your love for pizza/trash talking will be reinvigorated!

That's great & all but one question: Would you rather watch a Mcgregor/Chael/Colby press conference or a GSP/Pacman/Couture etc, because i guarantee you one set of those guys are unwatchable in anything outside of the cage.
I understand people watch these stupid press conferences, but personally, highlight reels do a better job of fostering interest in a fight...but that's me

I remember before Robbie Lawler and Melvin Manhoef fought, some guy on the Internet who goes by the nickname Genghis Con made a promo video featuring career highlights from both men...that got me way more hyped than some prefabricated one-liners from some douchey dumbass wearing a crappy suit and some silly-ass Gucci shades.

Two men/women are going to be locked in a cage & battle it out, both parties can get seriously hurt or hell even die & you're worried about alittle trash talk in the form of xenophobic or slight racial remarks leading up to it? Bro, go follow ballet or whatever other fairy sport you watch, the p.c culture & the feminization of men that's going on worldwide is causing some men to be turned off from the testosterone filled drama we're currently seeing leading into fights. I love it all, i need more of it.
Two men are going to be locked in a cage and some of you need the further insult of degrading and bigoted language to reach mental, and probably physical climax. Works both ways. You're not the visionary you think you are. If there is one thing I have learned, people constantly running around talking the shit you do, are far worse a problem than so called SJWs. We can agree to disagree.

Two men are going to be locked in a cage and some of you need the further insult of degrading and bigoted language to reach mental, and probably physical climax. Works both ways. You're not the visionary you think you are. If there is one thing I have learned, people constantly running around talking the shit you do, are far worse a problem than so called SJWs. We can agree to disagree.

Amen!

I can take it or leave it, but if two dudes don't like each other, it does help sell the fight.

If it's just rehearsed lines, then it gets stale pretty quick.

My bro, the problem is most of the time its contrived and insincere. Only inbreds and guys still in puberty or just out of puberty, actually believe in that tripe. However, when there is a genuine hatred or dislike between fighters and the trash talk is really meant to demean someone; that's when things get very entertaining for me.

Sherdog eats their shit whole hammie, we want that real shit

<{natewhut}><209Bitch><{JustBleed}>

I'm don't mind trash talk if it's funny but I don't think any ufc fighter has is funny or natural, except bisping (not a fan) who is more of a smart ass than anything.

Sherdog eats their shit whole hammie, we want that real shit

<{natewhut}><209Bitch><{JustBleed}>

Absolutely. That's why the DC/Jones beef was so compelling, there was a palpable dislike for one another.

Back