Okay, so I'm rewatching all the Star Wars movies before I go see the new one. . .

There's also that moment where Vader is addressing all the bounty hunters and he looks at Boba specifically and says, "No disintegrations." It's subtext, but Boba had a reputation for disintegrating mother fuckers and even Vader knew about it.
VADER had to reign the guy in. "Yo chill!"

Honestly, I think the worst thing about the prequels, even worse than Jar Jar, is the weird way George Lucas felt compelled to line things up. To the point where there are awful lines like "wipe the droid's memory" to excuse away his being unaware of participating in an entire previous trilogy.

Stuff like Anakin making C3PO, or R2D2 and C3PO even being involved at all, were terrible. And then having everybody finish off Revenge of the Sith in basically the exact positions they are found in twenty years later for the start of A New Hope was...insultingly dumb.

I tried to ignore most of the things like that in the movie. Lucas really tried to shoehorn as many characters as he could from the original trilogy into the prequels. The dumbest was definitely having R2 and C3PO play such a big role. Obi-Wan was apparently around R2 a lot and you're telling me he has no recollection of R2 at all in A New Hope? He just forgot all those years he spent with the droids? So stupid. And why only wipe the memory of C3PO?

Well, when Anakin awakes from his Vader reconstruction surgery, the first thing he asks is where is Padme, Palpatine tells him something like "In the middle of your anger, you killed her" So there wasn't really a reason for him to think he had children out there.

Agree on the stupidity of "I have the high ground". That line was said as if it were a callback to an earlier lesson Obi tried to teach Anakin. I liked the fight, but the end was terrible. If Anakin is supposed to be "the chosen one", how is Obi matching and defeating him in a fair fight? There should have been a trick or technique that led the older master to defeat the younger and more powerful student.
"I have the high ground"is retarded.
Obi-Wan was being pushed back the entire fight. Luckily he has sparred countless times with Anakin so they were familiar with each other. And his defensive style helped him last so long. Anakin was not right in the head during the duel and was off his game.

Yeah the ending was anticlimactic but it was also Anakin's arrogance that cost him. Had Vader been in the right mind set and patient, he curbstomps Obi wan on Mustafar.

Finally got around to rewatching Revenge of the Sith, and like Attack of the Clones I'd say it wasn't bad, but not great either. The best of the prequel trilogy at least.

Performances all around were decent to good. Really the only disappointing performance is from Natalie Portman, who seems rather uninspired. It could just be that her character isn't really given much to do this time around, especially compared to her role in the first two prequels. Ian McDiarmid gives a great over the top performance as Palpatine, "UNLIMITED POWERRRRRRRR!!!!" lol

Visual effects and music were also good to great. I actually really enjoyed the soundtrack, it might be my favorite of any of the Star Wars movies.

There were also some genuinely tense moments. The build up to Anakin and Obi-Wan facing each other was well done, as was all of stuff with the Jedi being betrayed and killed.

The first hour or so of the movie still drags a bit. I also thought the entire bit with Obi-Wan fighting General Grevious was incredibly underwhelming. Yoda fighting the emperor was good, until the end when Yoda falls and just sorta crawls away. That was a bit anti climactic.

And if you're trying to hide a baby from a Sith lord, doesn't giving the baby to his aunt and uncle on Anakin's home world seem like a fucking terrible idea? Wouldn't family probably be the first place Anakin would look? Granted, the plan clearly works because A New Hope exists but still, unless it's implied that Anakin just assumed his baby was dead and never bothered to investigate further.

The end to the epic showdown is stupid too with the 'high ground' bull shit. The scene would've worked better if Obi didn't say anything and Anakin jumped and got cut down. Padme dying because she 'lost the will to live' is also incredibly stupid and laughable.

Oh hey, at least Jar Jar is only in 2 scenes in the movie. I would have preferred Anakin killing Jar Jar as opposed to younglings in this movie, but whatever.

I think the prequels all could have been great if they were in the hands of a more capable director. Instead we got one shit movie, one decent movie, and one that is right on the edge of being good but is still flawed. The storyline of how Palpatine gains power is actually really interesting, as is Anakin's turn to the dark side. Lucas just isn't able to make the most of the material, and seems to be more interested in showing off the special effects.

I can see why some might really like this movie and the prequels in general. To me the prequels are overall disappointing and seem like wasted potential.

Well glad you have completed the prequel journey and you seem to be at least trying to judge them fairly. Give Sith its credit though. It's not "on the edge of being good," it's VERY good and I'd even say great.

And then having everybody finish off Revenge of the Sith in basically the exact positions they are found in twenty years later for the start of A New Hope was...insultingly dumb.

Wait . . . what?

What exactly is the problem here?

Well glad you have completed the prequel journey and you seem to be at least trying to judge them fairly. Give Sith its credit though. It's not "on the edge of being good," it's VERY good and I'd even say great.

Yeah I tried to be as fair as I could. I will admit I love the RedLetterMedia reviews on the prequel trilogy, but I also understand that they definitely embellish and exaggerate the flaws of the movies and can get very nit picky about plot details. Despite that, I actually did enjoy Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith. I'm not as high on these as you are, but there were definitely parts of both those movies that I thoroughly enjoyed.

Phantom Menace though.......yeesh.

Yeah I tried to be as fair as I could. I will admit I love the RedLetterMedia reviews on the prequel trilogy, but I also understand that they definitely embellish and exaggerate the flaws of the movies and can get very nit picky about plot details. Despite that, I actually did enjoy Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith. I'm not as high on these as you are, but there were definitely parts of both those movies that I thoroughly enjoyed.

Phantom Menace though.......yeesh.

I have failed you Slothman

I have failed you

@shadow_priest_x I just finished reading Revenge of the Sith, so I have the prequels completed now. The book was great.

One thing I learned from the book which didn't come across in the movie revolves around the battle between Yoda and Palpatine. This has always been a debate here on the dog of who won that battle

Watching the movie, I was always of the opinion that Palps and Yoda were basically stalemated during their fight. Yoda forced Palps on the retreat, blocked his exit from his room. Palps started tossing things at him, Yoda dodged them and fired back. Then the force lightning which Yoda absorbs and sends back which eventually tosses them both back, but Yoda being smaller and on the edge of the Pod, falls to the ground. Yoda retreats as Palps gets his clone Army to come in as back up

In the book though, the fight is similar, but Yoda is remarking to himself how strong and powerful Palpatine is, and during this battle, he thinks that his work of teaching Jedi has been wrong. He says the Sith have studied the light and dark, and have evolved to be very powerful, whereas he was still teaching the same methods/ways that he learned from his masters. Basically thinking himself as a failure to all his students for not embracing change and evolving

Next at the end when they are dividing up Luke and Leia. Obi-Wan wants to start training Luke immediately. But Yoda says no, watch over him and the Force will let them know when the time is right to begin. He realizes that he must change his way of teaching

Also, from the book, the Windu fight with Palps seems to suggest that Windu won that fight. Many people think that Palps was just suckering Windu in to get Anakin to commit and choose. But if you're interested, Windu has a fighting style called Vaapad and uses Shatterpoint while viewing things through the force. Basically, he can sense weakpoints and he discovers Palps shatterpoint during the battle and is able to overcome him. Palps was fighting back with all he had. During this exchange, Windu didn't view Anakin's shatterpoint and it cost him. **EDIT** I should say, he didn't view Anakin's shatterpoint because he was so immersed in the battle with Palps, not because Anakin could hide it

Now for something funny from the book. Near the end when the Jedi Temple has been attacked. Well, one Trooper on duty sees a hunched over man approaching with a baby. The man is stammering about how it's a Jedi baby and he's bringing it to them. The guy looks at the baby and remarks how it's the ugliest baby he's seen, but also asks how do you know it's a Jedi. Then the baby says something like "My lightsaber, the first clue is!" and it's Yoda being held by Obi-Wan and then they attack the troopers and get into the Temple
Not sure how that scene would've done if it was included in the movie but it was kinda funny to read in the book

Last edited:
Wait . . . what?

What exactly is the problem here?

It's like every single character didn't move five feet in twenty years from the end of Revenge of the Sith to the beginning of A New Hope.

The way he tried to cram all of the side characters from the original trilogy into the prequels was ridiculous. The "clone wars" that Obi Wan references in A New Hope was actually a fight against a billion Boba Fetts? Give me a break.

Anakin, Obi Wan, Yoda and the Emperor all belonged in the prequels. Bloody R2D2, C3PO (made by Darth Vader), Boba Fett, CHEWBACCA?!?!... Nonsense. It would have actually made a bit of sense to flesh out Luke's aunt and uncle but he didn't do that for some reason. It could have added some depth to their "knowing looks" when the past is referenced in A New Hope, and made their deaths even more impactful. Anyway, it doesn't matter that he didn't, but R2D2, C3PO, Chewbacca and Boba Fett should have been nowhere near that shit.

Last edited:
To me at least I see things like:

Windu is the better duelist of them all, when he is on and it's 1 vs 1 no one ain't stooping that monster especially someone from he dark side you need to be ultra good / ultra defensive just to make it a draw.

Palp and Yoda fight ended in a draw but one of them wanted that fight while the other wasn't liking the circumstances of a fair fight, didn't like his chances so he was avoiding the fight, Palp to me seems like a guy very calculated if he gets trapped he will fight of course but I don't see him stepping at Yoda or Windu for a 1 vs 1 he wouln't like just to have a 50% chance he is the type that will want all the advantages possible to face such a strong master level force user.

Worldwide we have the top 3: Windu / Palp / Yoda then we have tears of others like Vader (all torso jacked up but still a force, had the biggest potential) Doku or Anakin or Obi that is limited in force powers but he sure as hell has experience and that never give up attitude a real go getter but eventually vs Doku or say a Darth Vader he has skill limitations.

Also no idea where the heck Snoke ranks up he seemed so powerful in the force yet he done goofed on his hubris and why was he that jacked up.

In the book though, the fight is similar, but Yoda is remarking to himself how strong and powerful Palpatine is, and during this battle, he thinks that his work of teaching Jedi has been wrong. He says the Sith have studied the light and dark, and have evolved to be very powerful, whereas he was still teaching the same methods/ways that he learned from his masters. Basically thinking himself as a failure to himself and all his students for not embracing change and evolving

What.. this is some Rian Johnson stuff right here.. you get out with this they ruined Luke and you want to ruin Yoda for me now.. you are destroying my childhood damn it.

(sarcasms in case someone else reads this xD)

Anyone else ever notice luke first has a green lightsaber in episode 4?

Lots of talk about how he got a green saber in 6, and yes I know it was said to be green because it worked better in shooting in the desert.

But on the Falcon with the training droid, he’s using a green one not a Blue one.

So, kenobi still had qui gons, brought it with him as back up and had it on the falcon and Luke was using it with the training droid.

Xd you were so next level your copy had it's own special effects. :D

Revenge of the sith aint on par w original trilogy. Not even close.I wish it was. Hoping for it,but it isnt. Acting still wooden,rushed ending etc etc.

Best thing you could say is its the best of the prequels.

Original trilogy is perfect excellence,vanilla ice cream,the sole focus of childhood thoughts.

He took too long to make the prequels and we lost a big part of the simple magic that made these so good.

Obi-Wan was being pushed back the entire fight. Luckily he has sparred countless times with Anakin so they were familiar with each other. And his defensive style helped him last so long. Anakin was not right in the head during the duel and was off his game.

Yeah the ending was anticlimactic but it was also Anakin's arrogance that cost him. Had Vader been in the right mind set and patient, he curbstomps Obi wan on Mustafar.

The ending just seemed rather silly to me "Anakin, I have the higher ground, I know you have the force powers to jump 20 feet in the air but its usless against a metaphor this obvious!".

Revenge of the sith aint on par w original trilogy. Not even close.I wish it was. Hoping for it,but it isnt. Acting still wooden,rushed ending etc etc.

Best thing you could say is its the best of the prequels.

Original trilogy is perfect excellence,vanilla ice cream,the sole focus of childhood thoughts.

He took too long to make the prequels and we lost a big part of the simple magic that made these so good.

Yep, I mean it does have some sections to it that are worthy of the originals(especially Palatine before the face melt) but theres still a load of really bad acting/scripting there, that "my new Empire" scene with Anakin is some of the most painfully bad cinema I'v ever watched. Ontop of that I still don't think it really gives Anakin's turn the focus and subtly it needed.

The ending just seemed rather silly to me "Anakin, I have the higher ground, I know you have the force powers to jump 20 feet in the air but its usless against a metaphor this obvious!".
In hindsight its really quite ridiculous

Yep, I mean it does have some sections to it that are worthy of the originals(especially Palatine before the face melt) but theres still a load of really bad acting/scripting there, that "my new Empire" scene with Anakin is some of the most painful cinema I'v ever watched. Ontop of that I still don't think it really gives Anakin's turn the focus and subtly it needed.
Yeah it happened too fast,too obvious. When he starts killing kids im like...it seems hard to buy it that hes capable of that yet

Yeah it happened too fast,too obvious. When he starts killing kids im like...it seems hard to buy it that hes capable of that yet

Let us forget Obi-wan using the word "younglings" as well.

I like the 2nd prequel least of all but obi wan visiting the clone station was one of the most compelling parts of the entire prequel trilogy.

I like the 2nd prequel least of all but obi wan visiting the clone station was one of the most compelling parts of the entire prequel trilogy.

Not sure I would say "compelling" but it is I'd agree one of the sections of the prequels that feels most like the originals.

Not sure I would say "compelling" but it is I'd agree one of the sections of the prequels that feels most like the originals.
It finally felt we were being shown something important without losing the magic. Not some midiclorians bullshit which farts over all the simple genius of the force. This was actually interesting that they had this clone army hidden away and tying boba into that was actually a sweet move. Plus jake the muss omg tbh iirc

Back